8 foot wide hips?!?

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I think it should be pointed out that obese people actually have a lower net cost to society in terms of overall health costs given that they die younger.

Healthy people who live longer are more burdensome as they have the cost of care in old age over a longer period.

Given one of the most pressing issues facing Western Societies is that of an aging population which is outstripping the replacement rate the argument that obese people are a greater drain on society is clearly false.

You'd think the guy with the 130+ IQ going on about insurance rates would know this...

I :heart: both of you! :smooched:
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "why post this?" comments. Does it matter that much to you? Or is it just to make you feel better by posting this? I just figure if and when she decides to lose, she will. If not, then let it be. Not hurting you or me is it?

Actually, yes it is. Ever heard of insurance rates and why they are so high?

Oh shut up. Smokers, alcoholics, idiot drivers... there are many reasons insurance rates are so high.

Yes, and those people are stupid too.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I saw that too. she looks very unhealthy to me.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Here's what gets me. On MFP, people (hopefully) have a little respect for me because I've lost 46 pounds and don't plan to stop.

Out on the street, however, all of the body-shamers and haters in this thread would probably think all of those horrible things about me because they have no idea I've lost weight and plan to keep losing weight.

Point being, don't be so judgmental. When you see an obese person, you have no idea if they're losing weight or trying to lose weight. Instead, you jump right to the fat shaming and ZOMG MAH INSURANCE RATEZ.

*kitten* you. *kitten* you. And double *kitten* you.

I was riding a high this morning because I lost another 1.5 pounds, putting me really close to the final 10 pounds to 299. I was so excited to see that scale moving again after weeks of nothing. I've lost 5 pounds in the past three weeks.

And now I feel like crap, utter crap, because you reminded me that it doesn't matter. I'm still obese. I'm still a drain on your precious finances. I'm still horrible to look at. I should "just do something". I have "such a pretty face, why don't you lose some weight, you'd be gorgeous?"

Get bent.

Seriously.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    You can try, but I'm not 420 pounds and trying to gain more weight and have an IQ of 130+ so I am not sure how far you will get with that.

Oh, so you were that NERD I made fun of in high school! Don't you feel all special now making fun of someone who can't defend themselves or their actions in person! Does that make you feel strong and tough big boy??

No nerd here, I was actually an athlete, just not a stupid one.

You know, my 9-yo has 130+ IQ... that doesn't mean she always knows what she's talking about.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    ittybittyflavor_zpsa2e76d52.gif
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I think it should be pointed out that obese people actually have a lower net cost to society in terms of overall health costs given that they die younger.

Healthy people who live longer are more burdensome as they have the cost of care in old age over a longer period.

Given one of the most pressing issues facing Western Societies is that of an aging population which is outstripping the replacement rate the argument that obese people are a greater drain on society is clearly false.

You'd think the guy with the 130+ IQ going on about insurance rates would know this...

I also love how the guy with the +130 IQ picks and chooses which posts they are responding to based on his chances of not getting butt hurt....

seems interesting.
  • sasu27
    sasu27 Posts: 51
    Options
    Funny-Cat-72.gif
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    image00135830681655494d1yz.gif
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "why post this?" comments. Does it matter that much to you? Or is it just to make you feel better by posting this? I just figure if and when she decides to lose, she will. If not, then let it be. Not hurting you or me is it?

Are you under the impression that some jerk post on a site like this is going to solve that problem? I reached 361 pounds before deciding enough was enough. One thing that didn't help me make the decision were comments like the ones here. What is the motivation to lose weight when you'd already been degraded and reduced to just some fat person, ready and waiting to be verbally abused?

So, unless you find someway to turn this thread into a solution for our insurance woes, I don't see how this helps.

People who want to be big and purposely try to gain weight are stupid and need mental help. I saw something online where some woman was trying to get the record for the heaviest woman in the world. She deserves to be made fun of because that is ignorant.

So people that need mental help deserve to get made fun of?

yes

congratulations...you just made MFP bully of the year...

chemical imbalances are real things....they are medically documented issues where people are wired the way they are wired....because of their genetic make up...

they can't help being mentally imbalanced...

so what's next...making fun of blind people? deaf people?

please let me know where the line is....

and which side I stand on.

oooo oooo can we pick on old people too? that sounds like fun!!!
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options

Oh shut up. Smokers, alcoholics, idiot drivers... there are many reasons insurance rates are so high.

Yes, and those people are stupid too.

It's nice to know you think I'm "stupid" because I have insulin resistance and suffered from depression for many years. Now I'm taking care of it, but you still think I'm stupid because I'm obese?

Thanks for making my day so much better. I'm glad you're perfect and never smoke, drink, or drive too fast.
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    image001357773445150qpixi0.gif

Pancake thief hahahaha
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    stop
  • moosegt35
    Options

Are you under the impression that some jerk post on a site like this is going to solve that problem? I reached 361 pounds before deciding enough was enough. One thing that didn't help me make the decision were comments like the ones here. What is the motivation to lose weight when you'd already been degraded and reduced to just some fat person, ready and waiting to be verbally abused?

So, unless you find someway to turn this thread into a solution for our insurance woes, I don't see how this helps.

People who want to be big and purposely try to gain weight are stupid and need mental help. I saw something online where some woman was trying to get the record for the heaviest woman in the world. She deserves to be made fun of because that is ignorant.
    Just so you know, "stupid" and "needs mental help" are not the same thing. Implying so is quite ignorant. Do i have the right to make fun of you now?

You can try, but I'm not 420 pounds and trying to gain more weight and have an IQ of 130+ so I am not sure how far you will get with that.
    It's okay, i would still have your charming personality to pick on.

Why would you pick on my charming personality?
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mh0qefNlHN1qfiplno1_500.gif
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m1wnf3dhZy1r1lkdko1_500.gif
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Funny-Cat-72.gif

YES!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

I also love how the guy with the +130 IQ picks and chooses which posts they are responding to based on his chances of not getting butt hurt....

seems interesting.

IKR!
  • moosegt35
    Options

they drain more food out of society
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Here's what gets me. On MFP, people (hopefully) have a little respect for me because I've lost 46 pounds and don't plan to stop.

Out on the street, however, all of the body-shamers and haters in this thread would probably think all of those horrible things about me because they have no idea I've lost weight and plan to keep losing weight.

Point being, don't be so judgmental. When you see an obese person, you have no idea if they're losing weight or trying to lose weight. Instead, you jump right to the fat shaming and ZOMG MAH INSURANCE RATEZ.

*kitten* you. *kitten* you. And double *kitten* you.

I was riding a high this morning because I lost another 1.5 pounds, putting me really close to the final 10 pounds to 299. I was so excited to see that scale moving again after weeks of nothing. I've lost 5 pounds in the past three weeks.

And now I feel like crap, utter crap, because you reminded me that it doesn't matter. I'm still obese. I'm still a drain on your precious finances. I'm still horrible to look at. I should "just do something". I have "such a pretty face, why don't you lose some weight, you'd be gorgeous?"

Get bent.

Seriously.

^Yep.
This discussion has been closed.