EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I dont log my cookies
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Because I don't want to be rude.

Friends don't let friends skip veggies.
    I'll regularly question/comment on peoples food diaries.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I always do... when I stop logging is a night of drinking... I don't want to lose my phone! LOL
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

Start a thread then. That's less rude.
  • chokeslam512
    chokeslam512 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I log fruits but not vegetables. I will log the salad dressing or the olive oil in which some are cooked.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    A lot of the recipes I make and enter don't always have all the vegetables listed in the title of the recipes...
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

Absolutely. If you think IIFYM is synonymous with "shoving **** in your face" you really need to educate yourself.

Nope.. don't think that either.. didn't say that. However.. if you want to eat ice cream or other garbage.. and you're only reason for "allowing" yourself to eat it is "it fits my macros", then I don't think that's a good philosophy to have. It's nothing more than an excuse to indulge yourself. If you want ice cream or candy or cookies or whatever, then by all means have it. but own your choice. Don't make an excuse for it. "well if I had already reached my calorie/protein/carb limit I wouldn't have had it" IMO if that's your reasoning you shouldn't have had it anyway.

Honestly.. I could have any stuff I want at the end of the day because it fits my macros, very often I have "room". But why? Unless I'm really craving it (in which case i'd probably have it anyway even if it didn't fit my macros), i'm not gonna have it.

I think it comes from having an entirely different mindset and goals. Losing weight is a benefit for me, not a goal.

I'm not putting anyone down for doing it, just stating my opinion. Sorry if it offends. My opinions often do.

Its not the opinions so much as the knowledge base and reasoning.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Probably just not eating them, some people are so ingrained in processed food that the have an aversion to the natural stuff
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options

Start a thread then. That's less rude.

Isn't that what I did? I confursed.
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If it passes my lips, it get's logged.
  • imfivebyfive
    Options
    it's practically all I log.
  • rm_and_m
    Options
    I log everything I eat, including fruits and veggies. I think it's rewarding to see how much fiber and vitamins I am consuming. I can always use some positive feedback as it's terribly easy to beat myself up for all that I am not doing correctly. Also, it helps me to understand my eating habits, good or bad. Knowledge is power!
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    lol. I bet people don't log them because they don't eat them. Me, being a vegan, that's pretty much most of my diary.
  • AnnaAnafi
    AnnaAnafi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I can't relate to NOT eating fruits and vegetables. I know a couple of people who don't eat any vegetables. I'm not sure how these people poop without laying rocks. Vitamins are not a substitute for real, nurishment and to get that you need fruits and vegetables. Definitely log them. Fruits have lots of calories!
  • lizlkbg
    Options
    Probably just not eating them, some people are so ingrained in processed food that the have an aversion to the natural stuff

Quite honestly, I develop an aversion to vegetables when I go for long periods without eating them (and yes, I have done that, one reason why I'm here). I have to force myself to eat them and then eventually I start to like them. It's the same with drinking plain water. I wonder why that happens?
  • shanander
    shanander Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    They should if they are logging everything they eat. It's harder since it's not something with a nutrition label or exact measurement. However, my logging veggies, I learned that Celery has sugar in it! Not a large amount per serving, but if you eat enough, it adds up. Something I would have never known about if I didn't log it.
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I log almost everything - almost, but definitely include my fruits and veggies! I try to get plenty in a day. =)
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I view a lot of diaries that day after day list absolutely NO fruit or veggies. Do people just not bother to log them because they are considered healthy or do people really just not eat them?

On Weight Watchers fruits and veggies are considered free foods and thus zero points. I know some people like to combine MFP & WW. But I am not sure.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I have lots of fruits and veggies but you dont see them in my diary...mostly because they are IN things...i made an excellent pork recipe last week that had Apples, red pepper, onion....

my soup two nights ago was a coconut curry sweet potato soup with mushrooms, peppers and onions...

last night was a beef noodle soup with mushrooms, bok choy, onions, bean sprouts...

and my lunches are often last nights left overs....

so yeah...i don't log them because they are IN things, but they are there...
  • lizlkbg
    Options

Friends don't let friends skip veggies.
    I'll regularly question/comment on peoples food diaries.

I really just wanted to get a sense of what was going on, and have gotten some great insight here. I didn't want to put any one person on the spot or made to feel defensive. I was just curious about the different reasons out there. I certainly didn't expect to offend anyone, but live and learn.