• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    :heart: Sunday
  • HopeAnchorstheSoul
    HopeAnchorstheSoul Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    They wear a tee shirt that says 1 am the one

not the shirt that says I am number one because they usually end up being a pile of number 2

I probably lol'd at this a lot harder than I should have. Am I the only one that found this hilarious?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I think there will be a lot of people that could be the one. What makes you choose one over the others is when YOU are ready to commit and make it work.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    3rd input.
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    You tie them up and weigh them down with cinder blocks and throw them off the bridge. If they float, they are not the one. If they sink and drown...they are the one. Simple.

(What do we burn, apart from witches?)

WOOD!!!!
    Gotta love Monty Python and Holy Grail! Classic!!

In case you missed it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTdDN_MRe64

Oh and big <3 to the Highlander reference!!!
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I hate to be a buzzkill, but you can't know. You can know when you are in love, but the rest is a leap of faith. Easy to fall in love, but work to stay that way. And don't forget no matter what you think you know, the other person is at least half the equation - over which you have no control.
    It's all a crapshoot.....and the only thing worth living for.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options

Sorry can't agree with this, like at all. It's totally possible to have a fulfilling life as a single person.
  • myers0machine
    Options
    Just a thought i am not a man of god but do like to study so hear goes
    God actually says, marriage, which you know, the preempt of that is dating is so – is to make us holy more than to make us happy. It’s about making us look like Him. And so I would say, there is no such thing as The One. You don’t have to struggle with the pressure of trying to think there is The One and that God’s going to get mad at you, if you pick the wrong one. And concentrate on yourself, put yourself in church community, surround yourself with awesome people who help you grow and help you learn, try to say, how can I become a person that will better serve that spouse?

Because what happens is, if you believe in that one, then when they mess up or when they do something that makes you mad, you kind of, were a slave to them, because you always react to it.

So if you believe in that kind of ideal of a person, of a guy or a girl, when they mess up, or when you get in an argument, you get depressed or you struggle or makes you sad, but if you’re resting and putting your identity in who God is, and how He aligns you up to be with Him, then when that person does mess up or does fail you, because your identity is not in that person, but in God, you can give them grace, you can give them forgiveness, and you can give them love. But if you are attached to them as your identity, you can never do that. You always react based upon what they do. And so you can have freedom to just pick.
  • Hirgy03
    Hirgy03 Posts: 332 Member
    Options

Sorry can't agree with this, like at all. It's totally possible to have a fulfilling life as a single person.

I took the above-quoted statement a little differently. Not so much that the only thing worth living for is being married and having a significant other for life, but more along the lines of "love (as a general thing) is the only thing worth living for". We don't need to be "in love" to feel love (being good to others, having good friends, family, devoting your life to a cause, you name it". Maybe I read it wrong, but that is how I interepreted that statement.

Just my .02, take it for what its worth.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    The real question in my book is, Are you the one? So many people go from relationship to relationship looking for that person that will fulfill they lives, but won’t stop to think if they are working on themselves enough to be “the one” for someone else. We are not perfect and will be a disappointment for someone else at some point. So, why not commit to someone that has struggles too, that has to deal with imperfections the same way that I do?

Now, how do I know when someone is “the one”? By knowing that I can live and deal everyday with that person’s imperfections, but on the other hand I can’t live without his/her good traits. As an example, I can live with him having an odd sense of humor, but I can’t live without a man that will do everything in his power to provide for his family. Just my two cents….
  • LMT2012
    Options

I said "love" not marriage. Single is excellent. An entire life without love, not so much.
  • LMT2012
    Options

I took the above-quoted statement a little differently. Not so much that the only thing worth living for is being married and having a significant other for life, but more along the lines of "love (as a general thing) is the only thing worth living for". We don't need to be "in love" to feel love (being good to others, having good friends, family, devoting your life to a cause, you name it". Maybe I read it wrong, but that is how I interepreted that statement.

Just my .02, take it for what its worth.

Hirgy. Yes!!
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    When you don't have to ask ;) You just know!