May 2010 - no more snacking after dinner

Options
dewdrop
dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
The challenge continues! (to challenge us :laugh:): if you're mad about snacking late at night, in particular on chips, popcorn and M&Ms, join us in the struggle to defeat this habit and change it to: "No more late night snacking!" Take either dinner or a cut-off time to be the last time you eat for the day, after which tea and water only :drinker:. Then stick to it! and most importantly, stick to us :wink:, so that you get over slip-offs. Be certain that you can do it!

Here's to May :drinker: and us fighting this together smiley-happy110.gif

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    BUMP. Hey, if I'm successful tonight, then my new number for may will be no more than 12 mess-ups. I know I can do better. Thanks for starting this thread a day early to get us geared up. Looking forward to it!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    night eating has been a nightmare for me for so long. Finally what my Dr. and I came up with was a snack before bed but a light and healthy one to be eaten at least one hour before i lay down. I have been choosing fat free yogurt with 2 TBSP of fat free cool whip. So far this has satisfied my cravings to eat before bed and a few nights i have actually skipped it so as everything else in my life i am finding out stopping the night eating is a process. Thanks for the post i was beating myself up for not being able to stop that.
  • fitnessgal13
    Options
    Count me in!! This thread is exactly what I need!
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    If you eat a small bowl of cheerios and fat free milk, it's enough to put your blood sugar on an even keel and actually help you sleep better. Stay away from cheese, yogurt, bananas.....
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    cool M&M smileys Dew, & yeah I also well they taste freaking Awesome the purple bag in particular.lol
  • nicola_743
    nicola_743 Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm all over this! X
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Hello Dew, Hello everyone.:smile:

Today I ate not kidding about 60 Resee's pieces peanut butter cups, you know from the 40 OZ (2LB 8 OZ)Bag a little more than half I believe, but this will not be happening again, I had a desire to eat so I bought the bag, but will be putting the rest in the fridge & not eat for a while if at all again & then just throw it out.:wink:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Jason o
    Snacks Oh Crap 1:noway: Yeah way.lol
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    Rose 1 vs Late snacks 0

Love the Smileys doin the wave Dew :flowerforyou:

Good to see you again Nicola :flowerforyou:

Welcome fitnessgal and metco :happy:

Wow NotS when you fall you don't mess around do you. I think you'll bounce right back in there though, cause the real you carries a lot of zeros around and inspires the rest of us :flowerforyou:

Interesting thought squooz: glasses:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Love the Smileys doin the wave Dew :flowerforyou:

We went out last night, but I finished eating shortly past 9, I think (I think I was the last one, I'm a slow eater :smile:). Went to bed after midnight, so I'm on the safe side :smile: (in terms of eating at least 2hrs before going to bed), so: Dew: 1 - Snacks 0
    Tonight it's a strict 9, maybe earlier.
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    Rose 2 vs Snacks 0

Happy May everybody :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    nicola, welcome! rosemary, you're really determined, aren't you? :smile:

I am so happy to have stayed strong last night! I felt a bit hungry, but was comfy by the time I hit the pillow :smile:. Actually, I did stop around 8:30 - earlier, that is! So: Dew 2 - Snacks: 0 :happy:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    2 Lorna/0 snacks

Great start to my month. So tonight, 7:30 is my cutoff and get my hiney in bed by 9:30. If wishes were horses...

Jason, I'm wondering if Dew's dancing M&Ms put subliminal messages in your head for those Reese's cups (oh so yummy). I bet we won't even need to slow down for you to jump back on the wagon with us.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    So far so good. The end of April got me in shape for the May challenge. I intend to be a formidable contestant this month. :laugh:
    Tonight will be my Day 3 of no late night snacking!
    Good luck to you all.
    Zaza
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Crap I didn't log on yesterday, my computer is breaking down more & more every couple of days, I severely need a new one.lol

Jason 2
    Snacks1
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Jason, I'm wondering if Dew's dancing M&Ms put subliminal messages in your head for those Reese's cups (oh so yummy).

Hey, don't blame it on me! :tongue: Btw, Jason, how did you get from 0 to 2 in one day? :tongue:

I did well again, so Dew 3 - Late Snacks 0 :drinker:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Okay 3 ME :happy: /0 snacks :angry:

Tonight, 8:30 as I get home from the gym around 8, but only a banana for the potassium. Dinner will be before.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    Just checking in. Got down to the wire last night, but I did not have anything except water after my cut-off time.
    I was tempted, but thinking of you and this challenge was enough to keep me from going back to the kitchen.
    Thank you for this challenge!! :flowerforyou:
    I needed it. I finally got to the other side of 140 and I hope to stay there.
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    Options
    So, it's Lulabelle, Rosemary, Zaza, Jason and me. Nicola, are you still around?
    Where's everyone else from last months? :glasses: (can't see you, guys)
    Btw, Teetee's doing well on maintaining, I hear :smile: .
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Yup, I'm still here :drinker: Decided to be more realistic and kinder to myself on this challenge. Didn't even eat after the gym last night, so I was done by 6:30 and in bed by 8:30. WOOHOO for me.

4 ME/0 Snacks

Tonight, 7 p.m. cut off
  • dewdrop
    Options
    You rock, lulabelle!
    I went a bit past 9 with dinner, but since I stayed strong afterwards, I'll reward myself :wink:: Dew 4 - Late snacks: 0. Yeay! :smile: