Things they never tell you about weight loss

Options
Since losing weight, I’ve noticed a number of changes that had never even occurred to me may happen:

Sleep is much less disturbed and I find I have a full 7-8 hours now rather than repeatedly waking up.
I used to be ill all the time – now in the unlikely event that I do catch a cold, I’m over it in a day or two.
If I eat a take-away, I can now taste the fat and grease in things I used to eat all the time without noticing. It’s horrible. (most of the time :laugh:)
I’m cold. ALL the time.
My body can’t handle binges any more. I used to be a compulsive binger, and now on the odd occasion I slip up, I get AWFUL stomach pains only an hour later.
Rather than buy new jeans like I’d hoped, the first thing I had to change was my ring size. :laugh:

Anyone else noticed anything you weren’t expecting?

Replies

• misjer
    misjer Posts: 11
    Options
    I am cold all the time too. I've had to get a little plastic piece to help keep my rings on my hands. I agree with the grease thing. You can definitely now taste the difference and it won't agree with you.
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yes. To ALL of those.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I can eat more, better quality (nutritionally, obviously.. not gold plated eggs... yet) foods, work out (doing something I REALLY enjoy) and lose weight.

Side note: when I ate more, I wasn't freezing to death anymore.
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My ring size! I am wearing my original wedding bands again. It was just the best. I thought I might never get them on again. It was probably 13 or 14 years without them. Great post. Encourages me to keep this going. Thanks! So happy for you!!
  • mbow1977
    mbow1977 Posts: 213
    Options
    yep, im constantly cold now....bbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrr
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate with ring sizes changing! Mine did and that was so unexpected. I have to keep a smaller band on top of my wedding ring to keep it from slipping. Other changes are - I feel more awake and alive when Ive worked out and eaten right. I've noticed when i work out a lot less and eat things that i shouldn't, i get sleepy
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have noticed all of these. On the positive side a lot of things are better! It’s easier to find clothes, sex is more enjoyable, and I don't hate looking at pictures of myself anymore.
  • Doxeydoxie
    Options
    My shoes got too big. And I never did have fat feet?? I don't hesitate to sit in a booth when eating out. Before it was always a table.
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    funny :) I feel much warmer now than before I lost the weight. Bloodflow must be better even though the insulation is worse...

Agree on the tasting of grease. I used to LOOOOVE potato chips, now I get a nasty feeling at the roof of my mouth when I have some.
    the following is TMI, but my bowels are more... um... regular. which is definitely very good.
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    My boobies are gone :sad:
  • wildechild74
    wildechild74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    me too! all of 'em.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I can eat more, better quality (nutritionally, obviously.. not gold plated eggs... yet) foods, work out (doing something I REALLY enjoy) and lose weight.

Side note: when I ate more, I wasn't freezing to death anymore.

I do eat a healthy amount (1800+ cals), I've been told it's just because I haven't got as much 'padding' as before. :laugh:
  • mgnkny
    mgnkny Posts: 2
    Options
    I've noticed that on the days when I exercise, I'm not nearly as hungry as the days I don't. Can't make up my mind if it's the distraction of the workout (I'm someone who goes to the kitchen when bored) or if there's a physical reason for this. Does anybody know?
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I’m cold. ALL the time.
    My body can’t handle binges any more. I used to be a compulsive binger, and now on the odd occasion I slip up, I get AWFUL stomach pains only an hour later.

^^ Those two for sure!
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Definitely feel the cold a lot more!
    Also went from a size 6 shoes to a size 4 - my feet were a place I had never even considered were 'fat' and would be somewhere I would lose weight!!
  • Cathymic2004
    Options
    I get full very fast and can't finish my food. My boyfriend always ask if I'm gonna finish my food and I tell him that I can't. But I'm loving the journey though.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I am cold all the time too. I've had to get a little plastic piece to help keep my rings on my hands. I agree with the grease thing. You can definitely now taste the difference and it won't agree with you.

Yes to all of the above. I sell Premier Designs jewelry and now all of my rings are too big- I have to wear them all on my middle finger now [good thing I get a discount =) ]. Aaaand I'm always cold. Like, ALWAYS. And when I eat anything out of the norm like a fatty burger (or ANYTHING fast food) I get a terrible stomach ache like I'm going to puke everywhere.

And I'm ALWAYS hungry... I kind of like that part. I eat more now than I ever did and I'm skinny minny.

But....I lost the lady lumps :sad:
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Since losing weight, I’ve noticed a number of changes that had never even occurred to me may happen:

Sleep is much less disturbed and I find I have a full 7-8 hours now rather than repeatedly waking up.
    I used to be ill all the time – now in the unlikely event that I do catch a cold, I’m over it in a day or two.
    If I eat a take-away, I can now taste the fat and grease in things I used to eat all the time without noticing. It’s horrible. (most of the time :laugh:)
    I’m cold. ALL the time.
    Rather than buy new jeans like I’d hoped, the first thing I had to change was my ring size. :laugh:

Anyone else noticed anything you weren’t expecting?

I can relate after losing 155 pounds in 1 year I get a lot better sleep. I'm not tired all the time. I actually haven't even gotten a cold but on the downside of things, I was hit with a reality shot on how cold the winters actually are. I'm cold all the time.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    uncomfortable chairs get more comfortable when the arm rests are no longer squeezing your sides

then they get more uncomfortable again as your booty loses natural padding.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I still love the cold and hate the heat, but lately since I've lost so much insulation, I love it to be a little less cold!