While we're at it... STOP hating on Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Red Velvet Pop Tarts? I saw them at the store the other day and I'm wondering if they're worth a damn. How about Confetti Cake? Pumpkin Pie?

Confetti cake = yuck. Stole a couple bites of my daughter's and it was like a fake, sickly sweet taste. Bleh.
  • miss_rub
    Options
    I love the crust on pop tarts. My husband likes the fillings, so we share. Pop tarts are kinda rad like that.
  • bbail016
    bbail016 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    cookies n creme are my favorite poptarts! I eat the edges without frosting first then dive in on the middle. YUM!
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I hide my chocolate Pop Tarts from my kids.

MAMA DOESN'T SHARE TOASTER PASTRIES.
  • bgc85
    bgc85 Posts: 68
    Options
    i LOVE poptarts!! I MUST find those red velvet mentioned here! My current fav: COOKIES n CREME! <3<3
  • this_time_nextyear
    Options
    Try living in the UK. Frosted Chocolate or Strawberry is ALL we have had for years.
    Unless you buy them at a US food store, then they are like 12$ a pack.

One supermarket has just branched into Apple&Cinnamon, Cherry and Wild Berry too but if im gonna eat them I want Smores, Oreo or Cake Batter, anything with fruit in just doesnt cut it!
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Brown sugar w/ icing have always and forever be my mistress!
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I eat the edges without frosting first then dive in on the middle. YUM!

I do the same thing...LOL
  • GCAsMom
    GCAsMom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I actually stock piled the Limited Edition Hot Chocolate ones from this past December. I have a box and a half left. I can't squeeze in the calories all the time, but oooo! when I do! Those are my favorite!

And now I see there is a new LE - Red Velvet?! I hope I can find these... I'll probably stock pile those too. :tongue:
  • TMR001
    TMR001 Posts: 37
    Options
    I don't know if it's because I never had one until I was 26 (mom NEVER bought them) or I'm just weird but I think Pop Tarts are awful. No chore for me to leave them alone.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    To me, and this is strictly personal, Pop Tarts would not be worth the calories. I don't know why I don't like them, but I don't.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Man, I'm craving a pop tart now! I swear with all this working out I actually feel I've earned one....getting them at the next grocery trip. Strawberry with icing..look for it on next weeks food diary!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts are like everything else. Always better with ice cream and beer

I have to disagree with you on that..lol. Poptarts are already really sweet for me...if I teamed it up with ice cream, I'd throw up. And the beer...I would think it would make it extra bitter (which is fine if you like really bitter beer).

I like IPA with my ice cream
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    2. Things

Hopefully most of you have seen the new pop tart commercial where the pop tart couple go into the "photo booth" to have their picture taken, and its really a toaster. Lol. F'ing hilarious!!! Even though my lady thinks its mean.

Also, please tell me I'm not the only one who would break off all the edges of the frosted pop tarts to eat it last after eating the rest of it. It's like eating candy. God please tell me I'm not alone. Anyone. Anyone. Damn I want a Pop Tart now.

Yes I eat the edges last too. Especially if it's the chocolate one and ESPECIALLY if it got a little burnt in the toaster.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I actually stock piled the Limited Edition Hot Chocolate ones from this past December. I have a box and a half left. I can't squeeze in the calories all the time, but oooo! when I do! Those are my favorite!

We have a a box still in the cabinet. I haven't tried them yet; I hoard the limited edition ones.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Greatest thing EVER...

tumblr_mgktnzde7v1qmnqweo1_500.jpg

OMG!!! I have never seen those! Guaranteed they aren't here in Canada, gonna have to look for those on the next grocery trip to the US!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I eat the edges without frosting first then dive in on the middle. YUM!

I do the same thing...LOL

Yup me too, that's the best way. <3
  • Joluru
    Joluru Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I don't like them, either. They taste artificial to me, are unpleasantly dry, and too sweet. I didn't get fat eating Pop Tarts, though, and don't consider them a comfort food.

I could eat an entire container of artichoke and jalapeno dip and loaf of bread in a sitting, though. I have my own food demons!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I prefer toaster strudels.