Things they never tell you about weight loss

Options

Replies

• smsrls24
    Options
    I get cranky and irritible if I DON'T exercise...
    I used to get cranky and irritible when I'm hungry...oh wait, that hasn't changed! :)

I also am colder most of the time, and my butt hurts when sitting on certain types of chairs now, as well.
  • JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've always had really large breasts (currently 34 GG) And I don't have much to lose, the last time I was down to within 7 lbs of my goal I was a 32 G and my breasts were UGLY! (never had children, either) so I'm not looking forward to that, I always loved my breasts and I know that again soon I will hate them! :(
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    My butt disappeared...
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate with ring sizes changing! Mine did and that was so unexpected. I have to keep a smaller band on top of my wedding ring to keep it from slipping. Other changes are - I feel more awake and alive when Ive worked out and eaten right. I've noticed when i work out a lot less and eat things that i shouldn't, i get sleepy

This happened to me too, I ate a cookie and was like "crash boom bedtime" 30 minutes later. Must be a blood sugar thing.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    this sucks but my face is saggier. I have jowels now :(
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I feel taller because now I can stand closer to the kitchen counter (no belly in the way) and therefore can actually reach items on the top shelf of the cabinets.
  • trinityrecgirl
    Options
    1. I was never cold before, and now I wear a sweater/jacket all of the time, and/or have a little heater going.
    2. My behind gets very sore if I sit to long.
    3. My feet have been shrinking, my dress shoes periodically come off.
    4. My clothes got too big, I lost my skirt at church once, fortunately I was the only one in the area, but still.....
    5. Friends have now decided to try and set me up with random guys.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I'm cold - a lot. I NEVER EVER could sleep in a hoodie and sweatpants before and now I do.
  • Kadesha72
    Kadesha72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have noticed all of these. On the positive side a lot of things are better! It’s easier to find clothes, sex is more enjoyable, and I don't hate looking at pictures of myself anymore.

This kind of made me laugh. Sex is WAY easier and better. Fat sex is hard. There....I said it.

haha, these made me chuckle. I'm not enough into my journey to have anything to list yet... but the sex thing has been some of motivation!! Fat sex IS hard!!! We should make a group!! LOL
  • Andrew_peter
    Andrew_peter Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Feel colder most of the time, sleep better, 2nd chin disappearing quicker than expected (but could just be hopeful thinking), generally feel better/more energetic, and kinda gross.... crap quite a bit less lol.
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yes. The sad thing is I never eat out anymore. It's so gross to me now. I don't even enjoy any part of it. Even really nice places, it's all drenched in oil and butter, unnecessarily so, and salty as hell. I want to gag sometimes just on the salt. The past few times, they ask, "was everything ok" becaus eits hardly eaten. and I'll tell them, greasy, oily, salty, I can't eat it. They just take it away and offer a cheesecake on the house. Ugh! They don't get it. Lol. It's ok, it's me, not them.

No one tells you about the cost of replacement clothes. I'm not a big shopper. I still wear jeans from the 90's. I wear my shoes for 12 or more years. So, I don't like shopping. It's a waste of money and time. But, yeah, it gets expensive having to replace everything.
    No doubt about the restaurants. Cooking at home where you can control the variables will really spoil you after a while. I know it does for me.

Also in agreement with the new clothes. I'll go pick up stuff at second-hand stores/goodwill/whatever. $2 for a pair of pants > $34 at old navy.

I'm going to have to check out second-hand stores. That's a good idea.

After our hour fire in March last year I had to literally replace everything, so I just bought cheap things because I plan on losing more weight. But another great place to get them is Wal-Mart in the Springtime cause that's when everything is going on clearance, and you can get shorts and what not for like $3.
  • littlemegzz
    littlemegzz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    It is official. I no longer fit into clothes at City Chic. It is a store for bigger women. One of those ones where a small is actually a size 18.

They always have fashionable clothing though and different from any other store. Unlike those annoying Target and BigW 'plus' sizes. Which are hanging rags (seriously, do they think big people don't have shape too!).

So yea. I went shopping in Canberra over christmas, and didn't know where to go. I no longer fit into the one store I would buy from. I found a couple sleeveless Guess tops that I definitely wouldnt have worn before.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    i would get fatigued just making the bed and once I changed my diet I no longer have that constant feeling of being tired.
  • littlemegzz
    Options
    Also, I still love things like chocolate and chips. If I have been good for a week, then I no longer crave them, but as soon as I am bad, the cravings come back for another week.

I was craving icecream last night, but had a mango and the craving went away entirely. So I think my body just wanted sugar.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I have noticed all of these. On the positive side a lot of things are better! It’s easier to find clothes, sex is more enjoyable, and I don't hate looking at pictures of myself anymore.

This kind of made me laugh. Sex is WAY easier and better. Fat sex is hard. There....I said it.

haha, these made me chuckle. I'm not enough into my journey to have anything to list yet... but the sex thing has been some of motivation!! Fat sex IS hard!!! We should make a group!! LOL

I strongly disagree, LOL! I mean the reverse cowgirl might not be as impressive, but not noticed a difference.

This may be kind of an inappropriate question but have any of the ladies noticed any changes either in feeling or tone to your ladybits?

I read once some guy said that it was different not as "pleasurable" since his wife lost weight.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Also, I still love things like chocolate and chips. If I have been good for a week, then I no longer crave them, but as soon as I am bad, the cravings come back for another week.

I was craving icecream last night, but had a mango and the craving went away entirely. So I think my body just wanted sugar.

This happens to me I've called it food addiction detox when I fall into old habits especially why concentrated sweet consumption it will take me 3 days just to get the cravings out of my brain. It seems to take my body 3 days to detox from the addiction
  • joe2626
    joe2626 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the main one for me is that i've stopped snoring!
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    totally!
    I've only been working out for about 3 weeks now but the other day I went to put on one of my favourite rings and it was too big! I had to wear it on my middle finger and ever there it's a bit loose.
    I also feel myself pulling up my jeans more, which as annoying as it is... is a very awesome feeling :D
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

I strongly disagree, LOL! I mean the reverse cowgirl might not be as impressive, but not noticed a difference.

This may be kind of an inappropriate question but have any of the ladies noticed any changes either in feeling or tone to your ladybits?

I read once some guy said that it was different not as "pleasurable" since his wife lost weight.

Probably depends on how old the woman is. Estrogen supply diminishes as a woman pushes toward 50, and if she does a lot of vigorous exercise, that also lowers estrogen levels--possibly enough that she will lose tone in her *ahem*--"ladybits" (and also possibly her bladder--and rectum). TMI, I know but *shrug* there it is.
  • littlemegzz
    Options
    Finally finished all nine pages. Thought I'd bump the topic back to the top of the page so I'll have more to read when I get back from my shower :)