Are people drinking coffee? Why or why not?

Options

Replies

• anggxo
    anggxo Posts: 102
    Options
    i'm in college. I NEED coffee hahaha

but yeah, I drink it with just milk now instead of loading it with cream and sugar. No more double double's from Tims for me :(
  • RissyK1
    RissyK1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am probably one of the few people who actually enjoy the whole act of drinking coffee. I drink a couple of cups as I do my morning routine and take a mug to drink on my way to work. Then that's it. no more the rest of the day. I forfiet 100 calories a day for my creamer, but it's worth it. I did give up diet soda, not missing the bloating feeling that came with soda. That is the only thing that has stayed constant with my new lifestyle and eating habits, I have shucked off 30 pounds so far. Would it have come off any faster without coffee? Who knows, but since coffee is part of my lifestyle I'm not willing to give up, it doesn't matter.
  • RevNimue
    RevNimue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I drink it black.
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    YES, because i dont want to hurt/murder/strangle/poke anyone unnecessarily, so one cup of AT HOME coffee... drink starbucks? you might as well eat half a pound of pure sugar.
  • runningfataway
    Options
    I am not a coffee addict, but I have some occasionally. I am planning on going cold turkey. I sort of have social anxiety, and I hear that coffee actually makes it worse!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Yes. Because I love it.
  • XDiet_SlayerX
    Options
    You know a cheat meal here and there is fine and I honestly don't think a little sugar in your day will kill you even if you are dieting. Although if you are putting half a qt of cream in your coffee or sugar for that matter you may need to re-evaluate what you are doing with your daily coffee. One cup a day is fine too just take your stuff in moderation people. There are side effects to everything and let proper logical knowledge rule your body not taste linking to emotional response that is short lived.
  • NancyG55
    Options
    I love good, rich, strong black coffee and haven't slowed down any. I have at least two cups in the morning, then drink it until bedtime after I get home from work. Don't try to give me any caffeine free stuff either! lol Doesn't affect my sleep either, Guess I am immune!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I used to have a coffee every morning with two sweeteners but now its usually just once a week or so.
  • TNR32
    TNR32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Don't talk to me untill after I have had my morning coffee. :drinker:
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I had three cups today lol you can see it in my diary. It still comprises a much larger portion of my calories than is ideal because of the cream and sugar I love to have in it.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Coffee, did someone say coffee? :drinker:
  • phildawson75
    phildawson75 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I make a double espresso at home every morning about 2 minutes after I wakeup. I drink it without sugar and prefer it bitter, its <1 cal so no issues drinking it.

About 6 months ago I drank a cappuccino from Starbucks with 4 sugars every day just before work. Must have spent ~£15 a week just in coffee :| haven't been in since its a saving of around 400 quid in half a year!

All that sugar and milk must have been a contributing fact to gaining weight, not to mention their toasted fruit bread, butter and jam..
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Coffee first thing in the morning and then intermittently all throughout the day. No intention, desire or reason to stop.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Coffee with heavy cream to start the day then black.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking coffee (& energy drinks) a couple of years ago when I was trying to better manage my anxiety disorder & other health issues naturally. I used to be a caramel frap & Redbull or Monster every day kinda girl. Being in better health was a good trade off.

Edit: To be completely fair, I do occasionally have caffeine in green tea form in the mornings.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I drink several cups a day, with a small amount of milk

I do so for the general happiness and safety if those who need to be around me
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Will. Never. Give. Up. Coffee.
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Can't not. Would otherwise sleep at desk. Gah.
  • azziie
    azziie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes that's one thing I refuse to give up !I have one large coffee with regular soy and two teaspoons of raw sugar in the morning, and then follow it up with another soy latte at work. I know the calories are a no no, but I treat it like a replacement snack! I would rather a sweetened coffee than a cookie.