Most embarrassing concert you've been to

Options

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I win hands down:

I saw mind you with my girlfriend at the time her parents invited me to dinner then concert after, are you ready for this:

Tom Jones!! We were probably in the 6th row, never seen so many panties being thrown on stage OMG...

I cannot get those tight leather pants out of my brain it will be with me forever ugh!! Scary...

See I win...

I think my Oakridge Boys trumps your Tom Jones. Come ON! Have you never heard the song "Elvira"?!

:laugh:

Oakridge Boys was actually my first concert when I was like 8...my parents wanted to go...I shook their hands...
  • vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Well...I would say The Oakridge Boys... but it was my first concert ever and i actually really enjoyed it even if me and my girl WERE the only ones under 50 there lol
    Worst ever was hands down Testament. God awful concert...at least that night.
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Does a comedy chow count? I went to Larry the Cable guy once. I'm embarrassed.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Chris de Burgh (i don't even know if I'm spelling that right, and I don't care enough to google it...poor Chris...) :wink:
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    reo speedwagon.
  • slimfitnessmoms
    slimfitnessmoms Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Embarrassing!!! I went to Milli And Vanilli concert!!
    Crazy cause I even was thinking at the concert They can sing really well whole jumping around all over the stage!! :noway: :noway:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    New Kids on The Block
    Vince Gill

I didn't want to go to either one and I suffered horribly. I think I'm still scarred.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Well I only go to shows I really want to go to so mostly it is the opening act for Styx and REO Speed Wagon....

Ted Nugent was such an obnoxious dirt bag that I wanted to spend his set in the bathroom with toilet paper stuffed in my ears.

Recent off the hook awesome concerts included Florence and the Machine, Black Keys, Muse, Cold Play.....there is too much good music out there to do a crappy concert for any reason!
  • jameseylefebure
    jameseylefebure Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's embarrassing or not, but I once went with the hubby to see Mortis in concert. Now I don't *mind* the occasional death metal, but seeing as my favourite artist in the world is Cher, I'm as camp as a row of tents and generally tick a load of the boxes for "queen" status, I was just a touch out of place. Escpecially when the mosh pit broke out. Just to help put it into perspective.

This is mortis.

1-5_zps1e4a0681.jpg

this was me (i'm the one with the boa)

1-5_zps308ec48f.jpg
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Marianna's Trench - yes, I'm in love with Josh Ramsay, but I didn't realize how many 12 year olds were also in love with him. God I felt old... Haha
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Spice Girls.

Flame on :laugh:
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Backstreet Boys
    Nsync
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    Amy Grant - House of Love tour...'Nuff said.
  • threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Nickleback.
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    I was new in town, 23 years old and childless, and went in to see a free concert by a band I'd never heard of - Banana Slug String Band - thinking it was some indie college band from UCSC (their mascot is the Banana Slug, and we WERE in Santa Cruz, after all). Then I started wondering when I saw a bunch of people come in with kids, and thought "oh great, hope these kids are behaved during the show - I want to hear the music". Then the band came out, dressed as mooses and apples, and...yeah. It was a kids band. And I had no kids, and was now trapped in the middle of the seating, surrounded by dancing toddlers. Awkward! I managed to get out within three songs.
  • XLMuffnTop
    XLMuffnTop Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I saw Machinehead and who opened for them? No Doubt. Awful. In my defense, I was 11, or 10. I swear I didn't know any better.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    MMC (that being The Micky Mouse Club) in a Target Parking Lot (when I was 11)

$(KGrHqVHJBsE7y7Zqv1bBPD6n(NudQ~~60_35.JPG
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    Great White and White Snake in concert in 1988 at the USF Sun Dome. A sold out show. In the 80s, people had no shame or sense.

<whispers> I still like Great White </whispers><runs away>
  • fuzzydave1
    Options
    green day and pansy division thanksgiving weekend of '94. I hate admitting that.
  • grgnelson
    grgnelson Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Styx and REO Speedwagon on the same tour.

I would kill for that.
    fmandy---they are touring again this summer together