I'm at a loss and need some help, please!

Options

Replies

• amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    What should I eat on my birthday, guys?

As a kid, it was always lasagna. I suggested it, and my wife said, "Really? Are you sure?" I don't know what she meant by that.

I like pizza too.

I'm really craving Indian or Mediterranean (Greek/Persian) food, but my family doesn't like it.

You are putting too much emphasis on what to eat. If you want lasagna, have it. You want pizza, have it.

I understand that it's hard to justify eating these foods to yourself. I do it all the time.

Why not make the lasagne with Catelli Smart Pasta (tastes the same as white but has more fiber) and ground turkey instead of beef. You can also make your pizza using whole wheat tortilla shells. Light or partly skim mozza cheese. There are alternative ways to make the foods you love. :)

I couldn't live without pizza. I'd smell it and go nuts. And I LOVE pasta! Can't live without that either. Therefore, I had to come up with alternatives so I could still eat these things but with fewer calories, bad fat and carbs.

And remember, it's really about moderation.
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am a firm believer in making changes in your life you can live with. holidays and birthdays are tough times of year. I think if you eat right all the time and exercise regularly then the occasional treat (like lasagna) on your birthday shouldn't be too bad. Just remember to pace yourself and measure your portions, but you should enjoy your birthday dinner.
    A voice of reason among paranoia. Thank you!
  • traceyt83
    traceyt83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    [
  • yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    OP, lasagna sounds fabulous.
    it's full of wholesome noodles, delicious cheese that provides protein and calcium, and yummy meat for even more protein. i don't see why anyone would give you a hard time about this. try it with some delicious fresh ricotta and maybe grass-fed beef or even buffalo for a new twist.

i'm not sure about your wife's problem with it, though.
    have you checked her text messages lately?
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever the eff you want. We don't know what you like. You don't need support to handle this.
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    I understand that it's hard to justify eating these foods to yourself. I do it all the time.
    Oh, I'm not struggling with justifying anything. I'm struggling with making up my mind. :bigsmile:
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    Eat whatever the eff you want. We don't know what you like. You don't need support to handle this.
    I didn't solicit support. Where is everyone getting that idea from? I posted this in "Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games", not the support forum.

I was asking for ideas. Any ideas. Don't worry about what I might like. Just fire away!
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    i'm not sure about your wife's problem with it, though.
    have you checked her text messages lately?
    No. Good idea.
  • amandavictoria80
    Options
    Without knowing more about you or your goals, it's hard to give you an answer here.

If it was me, I would go with lasagna (I love lasagna) and just not go crazy and eat the whole pan. I would calculate the nutritional content of the lasagna so I can log it, and work it into my daily intake log.
    Why would I want to do all that? It's my birthday!

People are just trying to help you with suggestions.

Sounds to me like you're not willing to make sacrifices. Might as well just give up now if that is your attitude.
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My birthday was yesterday and I enjoyed myself and indulged. Today I am back at eating right and will probably do a killer workout. I am a true believer that you are allowed to induldge a bit every now and then. Just as long as it is indeed every now and then.

I also believe that this lifestyle change (at least for me) won't last if I don't get to eat my fave foods at least once and a while.

Oh.. and Happy Birthday
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I think you should eat butter! None of that fruit and veggie nonsense. Not meat. None of that. Just butter. Like 3 vats of pure butter!

Bon Aniversari!

LMFAO i was having a bad day and i seriously just laughed out loud when i read this so thank you
  • amandavictoria80
    Options
    Oh, I'm not struggling with justifying anything. I'm struggling with making up my mind. :bigsmile:

Wow. And I'm pretty sure you're on the wrong website.

That's not what I said originally. But I thought I better change it. If you have nothing nice to say......
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    Maybe sushi/sashimi? It's mainly protein and good omega-3 fat.
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    Sounds to me like you're not willing to make sacrifices. Might as well just give up now if that is your attitude.
    Fantastic judgmental attitude! :drinker:

Do you never eat pizza, m'lady? Eating lasagna or pizza one day, and I should just give up? :huh:
  • melgsmith252
    Options
    Have whatever you really want and enjoy, it's your birthday! Get back in gear, full speed tomorrow. Rewarding yourself for doing well is just as important as having the discipline to get back on your diet tomorrow. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    Oh! Excellent idea!
  • dmchiz
    dmchiz Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    WOW! I like to check in once in a while and read posts for something to do while drinking my protein shake, boy has this one been entertaining...I must really be doing something wrong cuz we have 'Pizza Saturday' every week at my house, and (gasp!) I eat a piece or 2! And I don't know what's wrong with your wife, but I love me some lasagna!! (Of course, I use wheat noodles and venison BUT we rarely eat anything other than venison so....) I refuse to Prohibit any foods in my life! I watch what I eat, calories in-calories burned etc....But damn -I've had a Dairy Queen Pecan Mudslide for dinner before too! sooo Have a happy birthday and since its your day, have what you want (that's the rule at our house!) LOL:laugh:
  • amandavictoria80
    Options

I had a bunch of people recently tell me this is terrible for you. Now I'm confused again! lol
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    Wow. You're a jerk. I'm feeling plenty sorry for your wife now.
    I'm a jerk?

I clarified that I'm not trying to justify anything, and did no in a courteous manner. You, m'lady, are the one suggesting that if I eat pizza one day, I should just give up.