Strange weight loss comments...

Options

Replies

• HapThompson
    HapThompson Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My colleague told me this week that "you've completely lost your boobs, you look flat chested now..." :-(

I'm actually really miffed by how much my boobs have shrunk, so I was a bit put out by her comment especially as while they are considerably smaller, they are still 34H, which is not flat chested (or at least not in my world). She's losing weight too, she had a gastric sleeve op about the same time that I started, but she's lost less weight than I have (through diet and exercise)... I think some of her slightly *****y "no boobs" comments are jealousy.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I have a main office that I work at most of the time, and two other offices in two other towns that I'm only at occasionally. I hadn't been to the Rio Rancho office since early November (a bit unusual because I used to be there at least once every week or two). I don't have to go through the security point as I have a pass to get in through a private door. As I was walking down the hall to my office and started to put my key in the door, the door down the hall burst open with 3 of our security personnel coming quickly at me ...they were almost all the way to me (with my eyes bugging out) and they slowed up and the lead security said, "holy ****...Mr. Wolf, that you?" I was just glad they realized before slamming me to the ground. They saw me approaching my office on the security monitors and didn't recognize me without my fat suit on...or much less of a fat suit anyways.

omg that's hilarious!
  • christina_c_marks
    christina_c_marks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    From a trainer at my gym: "You were way hotter before you lost weight".
    wow....I would have asked him for a refund then. people can be so stupid.
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    "You've lost weight...it suits you"

yeah like its a hairstyle!!! I felt like saying "really? well chubby was so 2009"
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    "You don't need to exercise any more, you're thin enough."

Oh yes! That's right, because exercising is just for getting thin. Only people who need to lose weight are supposed to exercise. It's not, you know, for staying active and healthy and maintaining muscle mass and avoiding heart disease or anything.
  • RainClowd
    Options
    Before I met my sons father and got pregnant, I had lot a lot of weight (obviously gained back hence why I am here) and when I went back to college after the summer break, one of my roomates (who hadn't seen me all summer) said "Now you don't look like an oompa loompa!!"

I was unsure how to take that but said thank you anyway lol
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    When I lost weight several years ago I had a friend tell me " what happened to your round face? Your face looks too muscular now."
  • hidee89
    hidee89 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    "You've lost a lot of weight! Did you start taking drugs or something?" - Rude comment from a regular costumer I was serving at the restaurant I work at.

It bothered me quite a bit, but I try to ignore the negative comments I get from ignorant people now. I put in the time and hard work. Why should I even try to explain to stupid people that I got off my *kitten* and worked for it? Haha.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    From a trainer at my gym: "You were way hotter before you lost weight".
    wow....I would have asked him for a refund then. people can be so stupid.

Yeah, not my trainer! I guess he just felt like randomly talking to me so he could say that :D
  • moncheree86
    moncheree86 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight before about 18 months ago working 2 jobs to pay for a divorce at the time. I lived with a married couple at the time. I had lost so much weight that they actually started a rumor to everyone i know, (including my ex husband) that the only way to explain the weight loss was that I had a meth addiction.... UH HELLO.... eww and could not afford it if i even tried!!!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I was finding out about some in-house weight activity competition and someone told me "Well, you'd be ineligible. You've already lost the weight." It was bizarre. I guess I'm looking pretty thin to everyone around me. I told him my goal was to go down to a size 8 from my current which is a 12 (bordering a size 10). Basically, I need to lose 20 pounds more. Either way, it was weird but neat.

I also had a fellow teacher (girlfriend whose known me for a long time) who loves to joke around who smacked me in the butt and made some comment about looking good - suspect it was a firm type joke as she knows I recently started working out in the gym. It was pretty weird. She's a good friend so I know she was just joking but definitely a strange experience.

Monica
  • breeshabebe
    Options
    I once made a joke (to my wife while at a family event) that I'd lost so much weight that I could take off my jeans without unbuttoning them. Apparently my Mother overheard this and said, "Nu-uh! I want to see you do that!"

Cue awkward silence.
    I'm cracking up!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I made the same joking comment to my sister and my mom did the opposite with "Let's not go there." Grin. It's funny how people react. It was pretty funny though to pull my pants down and realize I had shrunk that much.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that my ticker shows my loss since starting again, I'm actually about 53 down from my heaviest. So, mine are:

I had been visiting my grandma. As she hugged me goodbye she said "It's so strange to hug you now, my arms go all the way around! It's like, where'd (mizzie) go?" O_o Uh... thanks?

Various friends and family members have commented on me "being done" or "being able to stop now", etc. Um, yeah, I'm still 16 pounds overweight! When I mention that I want to lose at least another 17, if not 25, more, I get the comments about getting too thin, etc, etc. I hardly think that a size 14 jeans and a large or X-large shirt is "too thin".

It is a matter of perspective though, they are just so used to seeing me one way. Everyone talks about how thin I am, while at the same time they are all talking about how another family member is chunking up. Odd thing is, we probably weigh about the same now! They are just so used to her being thin and me being fat.

ETA: Oh, and I can take my pants off without unbuttoning them also! ^_^ Actually, my old pants wouldn't stay up for the world, buttoned or not.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Neighbor,
    How much more are you planning to lose? I said 90 pounds and she said, "You don't want to get too thin..." People don't get that I'm still 301! They guess I'm between 220 and 240...

I can relate to your neighbor a bit on this one. My dad was always a big guy and when I got older, he was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and had to go on a strict diet. When I saw him six months later, I kind of freaked out because after being so used to him being so round, the sight of him so much thinner made him look almost sickly to me. I think it's just a matter of perspective because the difference can seem so drastic that you're certain that the amount lost is much more than it is.

it depends on age too, because if you've already got wrinkles that are being masked by the fat in your face, when you lose the weight there is suddenly not as much there to fill in the wrinkles.
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My Aunt - "You are looking so good! How much have you lost? Have you ever considered being a plus size model?!"

To be offended or not to be offended - that is the question.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Ran into a girl at a bar (the "we talk when we awkwardly run into each other, but we are NOT friends" kind of girl) and all she had to say was "Wow, you aren't fat anymore."

:noway: Really, b!tch?
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Mine was "Why are you working out? Are you trying to be 20 again?" Nope just the Best 49 year old I can be!
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Ran into a girl at a bar (the "we talk when we awkwardly run into each other, but we are NOT friends" kind of girl) and all she had to say was "Wow, you aren't fat anymore."

:noway: Really, b!tch?

"aw, thanks! i see you're still working on your weight goal. well, good luck! that's a vodka diet, right?"
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I was signing up for a new gym class and the woman facilitating it, said "wow you need to eat a cheeseburger"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!