Secretly Wishing Your Ex Gets Fat/ter

Options

Replies

• SleepingBeauty12345
    SleepingBeauty12345 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    my ex is a **** 90% of the time! but i wouldnt wish health probs on the man.hes my kids daddy,therefore i want him to be around for a long time and healthy!
    but yes its normal to feel that way! lol
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Didn't have to wish. Reality!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Why would you wish something that YOU struggle with on somebody else?
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I wish my EX nothing but the best.
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My ex is still freaking gorgeous, and I wish nothing but the best for him. He's a good man and teaches karate. He always tried to encourage me to be healthier, and I know he's very proud of me for where I am in my life. I have nothing but good things to say about him and while a relationship would never work between us again, I wish him all the best and hope he feels the same about me.

IF he was a jerk, however, yep, I'd probably wish that on him. :P
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    lol!!!! I laugh because the gentleman who encouraged me to join him on this journey on mfp is no longer here (his profile is but he's mia) and he's gained quite a bit of weight. too bad... BUT I am found by my husband to be and I'm lighter, fit, healthy, and so is he! :) it's all good.

I actually hope the gentleman finds his way out of fat... he's not lazy... he's a hard worker, and he enjoys food...
  • davidpearly
    davidpearly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    my ex and I dated for 7 years.... the last 3 turned into her treating me like crap, walking all over me, and verbally abusing me about a lot of things including my weight..... she has always been skinny and eats what ever she wants.... so secretly would I love to hit my goal and find out she has gained a ton of weight, yeah a little.... I know its wrong to feel that way but what's a guy to do lol
  • brigettelouray
    Options
    I wish this everyday on most of them bc they deserve it for putting me thru hell!! bwhahahahaha
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    don't think about it one bit. i focus on myself.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Is this normal?

I can't say that seeing girls that I knew in high school that wouldn't give me the time of da, seeing them struggling does give me some wrongly directed satisfaction. But I don't wish that on anyone really. Just part of being human I suppose.

Rise above it though.
  • joycebug
    joycebug Posts: 309
    Options
    I would rather my ex's wife get fatter...karma's a b*&$%
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I was a size 28 when with my ex....now a 10....and he has gained 2-4 inches on his pant size at least.....I don't wish evil on him, but silently I'm super proud of myself for improving....Yes...it's normal. But don't focus on it...everyone gets what is coming to them....be proud of yourself & keep up the good work for you (and yes...sometime i'm sure you'll run into him & look fantastic & the look in his eyes will be satisfaction enough!)
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure it's possible.
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Nope- I've been fat, hell I am still fat- I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Growing up I was the fat kid in my family even though I wasn't fat. My sister was tiny- like under 100 pounds tiny. After her second child she quickly ballooned up to my size, maybe a little bigger. People always asked me if I was happy she got fat or if I felt some kind of "redemption"- that answer is NO- I feel bad!

This^
  • Jribeiro86
    Jribeiro86 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I generally wish only good things for people who have come and go from my life for various reasons.

BUT, that being said, I have an ex who was obsessed with fitness when we dated and had already lost A LOT of weight by the time we got together… I thought that was awesome and encouraged him with his transformation because it made him so happy to be fit, active, and, eventually, quite buff. Meanwhile, on the flip side, I would watch what I ate a little bit here and there, but mostly did my own thing because I was happy with myself and I figured he was too. (Just a note here—I hate to say it, but there’s a dull pain that comes with being the big girl with a hot boyfriend. No one ever gets it, and thinks he can do better. *sigh*) Now, jump ahead in the relationship-- he was acting weirdly distant for a while, but I knew he was busy with a lot of things in his life like work and his dance fitness program and blah blah blah whatever else he had going on, so I didn’t push him. Two days after my birthday that year he told me he wanted to end it because he was getting a lot of female attention all of a sudden and basically said that he didn’t find large, curvy women (i.e. ME) attractive any more. -_- That would be bad enough, but a month later he texted a mutual friend all of these lovey dovey photos of him with… wait for it… HIS DANCE INSTRUCTOR.

…So yeah, a part of me wishes he’d gain a little or go a tad bald or something. haha
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I think it is a normal coping mechanism when someone you love hurts you.

My ex hurt me so bad it took 18 years to get over and I finally laid into when our son graduated from high school. I told him exactly how I felt and what he was. I finally got closure.

I think wishing or get enjoyment shows there is still pain.

My ex did get fat BTW, I saw his wedding photos on Facebook, complete with a Lego/Stars Wedding. The fat was a non-issue, now Darth Vador as groomsman made me giggle my a** off.
  • KJFairywings
    KJFairywings Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ha Ha! But we LOVE your bad behavior and you are NOT alone!!! I know my EX has gotten fat and his little hag too!!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine for a second how any ex's of mine being fat makes any difference to my life....nope, just can't see how that works.
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    hahah.. I felt the same.. still do actually..

Thank God I'm not alone!

ditto
  • hmp1130
    hmp1130 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I wish the same thing about my husband's ex all the time... she's constantly remarking on my weight and making fun of me to my SD and it annoys the crap out of me, so that is another motivation of mine to get thin since her making fun of me being fat is the only thing she has... my list however goes on and on for her.