Strange weight loss comments...

Options

Replies

• MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    "Wow, I never knew you were pretty!" or "Your family must be so proud *now*!"

People just don't know what to say. I can understand it's awkward. . . but. . . really?
  • dreamer722
    dreamer722 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    people asking if I am sick...I tell them yes...of being fat.

I've gotten that a lot. Are you losing weight because you're sick?

:sick:

Geez, thanks for thinking I look sickly when I'm healthier now.

:grumble:

I like your response. I'll steal that.

:wink:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Mine was "Why are you working out? Are you trying to be 20 again?" Nope just the Best 49 year old I can be!

I had one similar to this. I'm a 51 yo woman. I had never been able to do "real" (not modified) pushups. I decided I was going to be able to do 20 realy pushups in one set and started working toward that. I had more than one person ask "Why?"
  • IHAVEPMS247
    IHAVEPMS247 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Belly laughing on this one... hilarious :)
  • sp98
    sp98 Posts: 46
    Options
    I've had someone comment on my weight loss positively, then a month or however long later ask "Oh, did you give up working out?"

I was still actively losing weight, and I made sure they felt like a *kitten* for asking. Not really a 'strange' comment, but still caught me off guard!

I constantly get "have you coloured your hair"... Nope everything same as the last 5 years
  • agoofynut
    agoofynut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That oddest one so far is that I will soon be a floating head if I lose anymore. And I still have 80-90 to go to be at the TOP of the "normal" range for my height!
  • meganbook
    Options
    I lost weight two times in my life. The first was when I was in middle school, I went from being a 150lb 7th grader, to a 105lb 8th grader. I did it though a 1500 calorie diet and I started to run. Nothing drastic. But that's not what my teacher's thought. My gym teacher grabbed me in the hall on the way to class one day and weighed me. She then made me eat pretzels in front of her and she interrogated me on what my mother was feeding me. My awesome supportive mother was being accused of starving me! The gym teacher had other teachers watch what I ate at lunch, while outside of school people would try to feed me french fries and stuff. It was insane.
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    I'm down 40 lbs now from what I was a year ago, and all any of my girlfriends seem to comment on is the fact that my chest looks considerably larger without quite as much belly fat. My guy friends all play it safe and just say that I look "healthier." lol. I love them.

I love this ^^^^

I have lost 10lbs so far (still a long way to go), but I had a guy friend last week say " Damn, you got big boobs" I have always had them, you just couldn't see them with all that belly in the way.... All I could say was yeah... The hubby however said " Yes she does aren't they great"
  • dreamer722
    dreamer722 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    "Look at you ... you've lost weight ... have you been TRYING to lose weight?"

No ... almost 70 lbs disappeared POOF without my trying ...

:ohwell:

"WOW!!! Did you know you lost weight?"

REALLY? I DID???? I'm SHOCKED ... I hadn't noticed ...

:noway:

Or the best ... by a TSA agent at the airport ...

"You've lost weight! Your pants are too baggy. We'll have to pat you down to check and see if you're hiding things in there."

Uhhhh ... okayyyyyyyy ...

:embarassed:
  • Mimisam45
    Mimisam45 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I would love for someone to say I was too thin someday!!!!:love:
  • 4ever420
    4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I was telling my sister in law about my fitness pal and she innocently asked "Have you lost any weight?". I had already lost like 30lbs! Felt a little deflated that she couldn't see any difference :(
  • blpasquarella
    blpasquarella Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    just had a friend i hadn't seen in a couple months come up to me and scream" omg! you skinny *****!" hahahhahah

i've also gotten "where's the rest of you" and those sorts of comments.

also a coworker: "have you lost weight" of course i answered yes then a few weeks later he said "i'm worried about you" i laughed and said why and he said "i don't want you to die"

ahhahahaa i then explained that i'm completely healthy, work out, etc.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    From a trainer at my gym: "You were way hotter before you lost weight".

Wait!! WHAATTTT!! :noway:
  • cedman1
    cedman1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My favorite and latest are when they pull me aside to make sure I'm not terminally ill or very sick.
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I've had close family members flat out tell me I'm "anorexic"... of course they're all severely overweight and wouldn't know what to do with a plate of veggies if they were force fed them. -_____-
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options

I also had a cousin say "how are you losing so much weight? It's crack right?" (CLEARLY joking...)

I decided that if I ever get asked how I lost weight, I was going to say it was because "masturbating burns a lot of calories." Just because I've had people ask me that before and they got upset when I said eating better and exercising.
    Best. Response. Ever!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    from a petite girlfriend: "you are even smaller than me now!"

I get her clothes that she doesn't fit into anymore. It's really weird. I am so used to be the "fat" friend.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    From a trainer at my gym: "You were way hotter before you lost weight".

This. I find the "before" pictures more attractive in the majority of cases. I'm not a chubby chaser, I just think a female face with slightly softer lines is prettier.
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    After losing about 30 pounds I had a Fed Ex delivery guy come in and he said holy $@#% did you lose weight LOL If only he could see me now :laugh:
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I have a main office that I work at most of the time, and two other offices in two other towns that I'm only at occasionally. I hadn't been to the Rio Rancho office since early November (a bit unusual because I used to be there at least once every week or two). I don't have to go through the security point as I have a pass to get in through a private door. As I was walking down the hall to my office and started to put my key in the door, the door down the hall burst open with 3 of our security personnel coming quickly at me ...they were almost all the way to me (with my eyes bugging out) and they slowed up and the lead security said, "holy ****...Mr. Wolf, that you?" I was just glad they realized before slamming me to the ground. They saw me approaching my office on the security monitors and didn't recognize me without my fat suit on...or much less of a fat suit anyways.

Hysterical! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!