Replies

• Wells82
    Options
    What a fantastic tread
    Great pictures everyone!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! I feel ENCOURAGED; the transformations posted are AWESOME!!!
  • LareishaH
    LareishaH Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Wow, I hope more people post because I cannot seem to get anywhere with my hips/thighs, and I weight lift, run, and burn up the cardio machines! lol
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    iphonepics070.jpg

iphonepics091.jpg

can't really tell but I am def pear shaped :/.....I have lost about 60+ lbs and still am very pear shaped. I'm an "a" cup and my hips wont budge and neither will my saddle bags. I am hoping to have a boob job to help me fake an hour glass lol.
  • imolly80
    Options
    I hope you don't mind me saying, but I think that your after figure is the epitome of "the perfect figure" , slim but not skinny, and feminine curves..... jealous much lol
    [/quote]

i agree - perfection in my eyes too
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped and want to lose 20-25 lbs more, majority in my legs maybe 15 lbs and the rest from arms, and upper body. So frustrating, thinking about taking up a more intensive weight lifting regimen.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    For me, I lost my weight from the top down. For a few years I thought I was pear shape because of the way I lost, and didn't realize HOW i was losing. Last month my SIL and I went shopping, and she said to me "hey, you don't really have any hips, you know" (It wasn't an insult), and I realized that the weight in my hips is now going. All that is left is the thighs... which I am happy to say buh-bye to!

I don't really have too many... or any before and afters, but you can go ahead and look at the pics on my profile. I don't have any REALLY recent body shots... though mabe for this thread I will post one as my profile pic... Most of the pictures were taken in the spring and early summer. If you look carefully you can see the changes in my waist.

Oh, and the best thing for me has been strength training, mixed with light cardio.
  • blueday617
    blueday617 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great job every one! :happy: I'm a fellow pear.
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformations! I am hoping to have some great before and after pics. :)
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I posted this in a couple other pears of my progress, I do not mind sharing here too.
    142lbs
    5'8.5"

Before 155-157:

(my "skinny pose" ugh)
    420195_783261745627_1319229660_n_zpsb79ac857.jpg
    29950376_1484_zps647dd7dd.jpg

Now 142:
    VJ1_zpsda87dc23.jpg
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I carry all of my extra weight (when I have extra weight) in my hips, thighs and butt. But weight training has proved to help change my shape.

5'4" 130-ish pounds (probably more like 135 but I didn't weigh myself back then).

2004_b-1-1.jpg

Now - 112 pounds and drastically lowered the hippy-ness and thighs!

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

Holy cow woman!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Still pear shaped but I'm a smaller pear. This took 3 months.

1174psn.jpg

xojn13.jpg

34j63b7.jpg

2pze6pu.jpg

Wow!! Huge difference in your thighs!! Great job!
  • ScreenGem
    ScreenGem Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    CAN i just say that this is like the best thread ever. You ladies are all such a huge inspiration. Great job! Thank goodness for MFP.
  • biggestloser90
    biggestloser90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nryther
    nryther Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    bump....everybody looks amazing!! Great job!!!
  • Storm2685
    Options
    bump
  • skruger22
    skruger22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump! I hope to post on this someday in the near future! Nice JOB ladies!!
    -Sonja
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    kdiamond,

Wow!

Bumping this so I can refer back to your workout routine (on your profile page). You other gals look great as well.

--a fellow pear
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    C'mon pears!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!