Strange weight loss comments...

Options

Replies

• Nicki_101
    Nicki_101 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a pharmacy that is now next door to the xray/us clinic I work in, so a lot of the customers will recognize me. A client who hadn't seem me for maybe over a year, asked me if my fat sister worked next door at the pharmacy? To which I responded," I am the fat sister".
  • Cole114a
    Cole114a Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I get the you're gonna blow away etc etc etc getting to thin stuff but what annoys me is when people ask me how I did it and I tell the diet and exercise, I get this long pause and stare and I can tell that they are thinking BS this dude is on drugs.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    My guy friend asked me: "Do you still eat food?.... (long pause) You look super thin.." And when I said "Thanks!", he responded: "Oh, that's a compliment?"

I guess he thought I was ill or something. After I clarified that I'd been working out more, he lightened up and told me he was glad I was taking care of myself.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    The worst one was---"You're not really sick are you??" Everyone else tells me I look great and 10 years younger. :happy:
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    The strangest thing that has happened to me during my weight loss is this: About a week and half ago (maybe more) I walked into target after the gym. Now, I didn't look my best..Granted I was in a t shirt and gym pants. All I needed was yogurt. I did pick up a bottle of coffee mate.

As I walked to the candy wall in Target, a woman came up to me and tried to give me money. I couldn't tell if it was 10 or 100 dallars but I can't accept the money...

To this day, I still don't understand what compaled the woman to try and give me money. Even if god did put it on her heart..
  • DivineRED1
    DivineRED1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    People are strange.
  • Lunnunis
    Lunnunis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I seem to have commented to the wrong post. No idea how to delete it so I scrubbed it out and wrote this instead.
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    From a guest dance instructor I hadn't seen in over a year: <double take> "What happened to YOU?!"
    I get, "Was that intentional?" Umm, right, 15% of my body weight just fell off *by accident*.
    And the ever-annoying, "Now don't lose too much weight--you're getting too skinny." This from a ballet instructor, bizarrely. In what universe is a size Medium (8/10) dangerously thin? Especially strange when most of the women's bodies he looks at every day are in the XXS to Small range.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I teach and currently substitute teach while I'm working on my Master's, and I work for a very large district. This means I don't get around to some schools for a long time. Now, I have very long, very distinctive dreadlocks that are 3.5 feet long. You might not recall my face but you cannot forget my hair. I also have an unusual name. A few weeks ago I was at a school I had not been to in over a year. One of the regular teachers told me, You have hair just like this other substitute, maybe you know her? She's heavy and a bit older than you, and has a really weird name. I laughed and said I'm Mrs. Supplemama, that's me! I've lost a lot of weight. Her face turned red but she had the grace to apologize.

I couldn't get over that she thought I was a different person!!
  • jgood21
    jgood21 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I think the weirdest comments/questions are the ones that ask or want to know your secret on how you have lost so much weight...like it was some magic pill or shake! Bleh! I worked my tush off people!!!
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I would rather have wierd comments then no comments at all.
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think the weirdest comments/questions are the ones that ask or want to know your secret on how you have lost so much weight...like it was some magic pill or shake! Bleh! I worked my tush off people!!!

This! Just watch their faces fall in disappointment when you tell them it's a lifestyle makeover. One that in my case includes at least 10 hours a week of regular exercise.
  • Rachelle_Ohh
    Rachelle_Ohh Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Guy not too long ago said "Can't wait for you to lose 40 more lbs., you'd be a knockout"......

And you'd still be living in your mama's basement punk! (Dude's the biggest douche in the world!)
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    The other day, one of our truck drivers whom I see at least 4 days a week and chit chat with a few minutes said this..

"Can I ask you a personal question?" (of course, I said..) "Are you losing weight?"
    I smiled and turned to him and nodded. "Yep, almost 45 lbs now."

He seriously leaned forward (I was facing away from him) and checked out my butt!!! And then he said "damnnn!"

LOL I just blushed and glowed all evening.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    A co worker told me recently that now that I've lost some weight, my hips look bigger!!! REALLY???
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Mine was just funny. I am short (barely 5'2") and I had a friend say, "You've really just shrank!!" And I looked at him and said, "Well I am not wearing heels today!" The weight loss part of it totally went over my head!
  • brigitbella
    Options
    the first time I lost weight i was told I looked like a crackhead, by a co-worker.
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Guy not too long ago said "Can't wait for you to lose 40 more lbs., you'd be a knockout"......

And you'd still be living in your mama's basement punk! (Dude's the biggest douche in the world!)

LOL
  • emills1970
    emills1970 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I love reading all the strange comments. People can be such haters!!!!
  • kmmurf
    kmmurf Posts: 1
    Options
    I also had some people say that I was too thin, when I finally got down to my goal weight (size 6). I calmly replied that they just weren't used to seeing me at that weight, but they didn't help. Talk about popping your bubble!!! You work hard and get to the point where you really enjoy shopping and wearing nice clothes and someone thinks you look too bad! Well, I gained weight again after two back surgeries and am only 9 lbs. from my goal weight again, so I am prepared for these comments again. I will not let someone bring me down after months of working out and changing my eating habits. I feel really good and have found that this website really helped keep me on track!!! Happy Again!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!