what foods lead you to binge?

Options
I usually find I have developed good willpower when it comes to staying away from food or limiting myself (especially thanks to mfp and calorie counting). However I have to make sure if eating krispie kremes I buy just the one instead of a box as I would eat half a dozen then and there.

What foods do you stay away from that would lead you to a binging session?

Replies

• becsnz1
    becsnz1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Biscuits and lollies. Can not stop at one or two, if packet is open, then it gets finished immediately. Am teaching myself to have biscuits in the house by having portion controlled packets (25g each) of cookies so that I can learn to enjoy them and stop when I finish the mini pack.
  • suenewberry81
    suenewberry81 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Mines crisps :-( if I have a bag of walkers crisps it turns into 4-5 bags of crisps :-( I just can't stop myself
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Home made soups with noodles, spagetti w/ meat sauce, cake, ice cream, chocolate chips cookies, ... refined carbs basically (sugar)
  • maarowak
    Options
    Alfajores. If I have a package in my house, I have this desperate need to finish it in one day.
    Thankfully I only buy them when I have visits haha.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Donuts. I can resist everything else, bring a dozen donuts into the house and I'll eat them all.
  • AphelionPDX
    Options
    Cereal, cookies, brownies, cake, ice cream, fridge biscuits (pillsbury crescents, homestyle biscuits, etc.), homemade tortillas, Doritos. I would say bad carbs!
  • Beautifulsoull
    Options
    Any type of pasta also, but I've been working on how to handle the amount when I do have it.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Cereal.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Bread of any kind.

This..and rolls!
  • cathdrew2
    cathdrew2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake. I can't have a portion size that fits in my plan. It's 750 calories (or more) or nothin'. A few times a year I just go for it and plan a loooong walk the next day. It's worth it to me.
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    small cookies, snack size anything (snack size snickers, snack size kit kat, how can you stop?!), cake

I have a bad sweet tooth.
  • emzilee
    emzilee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, crisps, fizzy pop...
  • theblondetrick
    theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and cereal bars.That's why I've stopped buying them,and now I buy chocolate cappuccinos instead,they are a lot lower in calories and I don't binge on them.
  • siehatsdrauf
    siehatsdrauf Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    nutella!
  • Grandmasboy2852
    Options
    Anything that goes good with Ranch, BBQ, or Honey Mustard.

Most the time Pizza sets me off.
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    Pizza...oh man. I can avoid going back for more with most meals, but I can eat an entire large pizza myself if left unchecked.
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Delivery pizza.

Mac and cheese.

otherwise, I am a chocoholic but have managed to be able to keep that in portion control. Took me forever!
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    sweets. anything sweet leads me to binge
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Any food. Because it's not the type of food that triggers but my state of mind...
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    anything with chocolate! or sweets (my mother in law gives a huge sack of haribo,crisps and chocolate for my other half and the kids and I can never resist! thank god the crisps are 90cals a bag!)