What do you do while working out?

Options

Replies

• knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I just finished watching all 4 seasons of Prison Break whilst working out - got a story line to keep you engaged, simple enough to follow even if you are sweating profusely and out of breath, enough action to get you motivated (it seems when they were having a punch up I managed to push harder as well) and there are enough cute chaps of different looks that you will probably fancy at least one of them.

Just looking for the next thing to watch...any suggestions gladly taken :)

i loved prison break. the director or producer of that also did "breakout kings." another one of my favorite shows that got cancelled.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I only listen to my ipod. I like focusing on my workouts, not a magazine or my phone.
  • TitanKT
    TitanKT Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The music tends to produce a physical response, though, so I often envision myself doing things I cannot yet do... like running or doing situps or punching a speedbag as I workout. That tends to really get me going to and while there are some things I envision that I have no intention of ever doing (running), it's motivational. I am no where near being a badass and I may not ever really get there, but it's fun to daydream about as I work out.
  • cheryl529h
    cheryl529h Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When I'm on the treadmill, I pass the time with my iPad ... mainly pinning on Pinterest. Thank God for my iPad and for Pinterest!
  • szonjakun
    szonjakun Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just work out as hard as I can and try to relax my mind. (=w=)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Only music.

and people watching

these two, but more so the people watching, better than the workout, haha
  • bouchienet
    bouchienet Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just sweat! Oh and listen to podcasts or music on my iPhone.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    When I'm doing curls, I'll stand in the squat rack and read the paper. Or just chat on my phone. I'll look in the mirror a lot and stare at people too. On the treadmill I'll pick up conversations from people, blog, or write and or read a book, or the internet,
    Really anything to distract me from working out, I can go a whole 30 minutes just from distractions alone.
  • melissab6968
    melissab6968 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I workout at home, so when I am on the treadmill, I have the TV on, but I find myself mentally going over things. This ranges from must-do's to want-to's.
  • HerculesKlump
    Options
    - Listen to music
    - Reading while jogging
    - Imagining women walking around in their underwear
    Pretty much anything to get my mind off of a long workout.
  • tallvanurse
    tallvanurse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Reading while working out is ridiculous IMO if you're working hard enough you can't read. I don't do anything while I'm working out other than push push push.

I've tried to read during cardio....can't do it. Makes me nausesous lol. The gym I go to has televisions and headphones on each cardio machine. So I may watch something there. If not, I have pandora on my phone or my ipod.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I watch TV. I enjoy music better when I'm doing a more leisurely activity such as drawing, walking, or doing the dishes, because then my mind wanders. If I listen to music while I'm working out my mind will still wander-but it'll wander to the clock and "UHG I'm not even halfway done yet!" and that's no good.
    TV gives me something to focus on so my mind doesn't wander as much.
  • Getbusyliving1
    Options
    Music. Up tempo, heavy music.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    On the cardio machines I'm just watching the controls idling through the program. Its too intense for me to do anything but that and listen/watch the music video clips.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I workout while I workout... I usually put on upbeat music while I lift to push me harder.
  • autumnsnow786
    autumnsnow786 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I catch up on TV shows
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I started 30 day shred yesterday so really I concentrate on not collapsing into a heap on the floor! :-D
  • mamafish2313
    Options
    Listen to music. Sweat. Wipe sweat. Repeat.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Music and daydreaming....
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    With the effort I put in, I would in no way be able to read a book or anything like that at the same time,
    The best I can do is stick my earphones in and create a puddle on the floor.