Guys that are a 3 trying to be with girls that are an 8...

Options

Replies

• kandine11
    kandine11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree with the looks thing but in the case of my friend, he is a lovely person the whole package and the girls he's gone for are horrid people that cheat on him and will not allow him to have me as a friend of course he tells them where to go but i cant get my head around it x

Hmmm, I Know a handful of amazing single women who consistently just pick the wrong type of guy. Maybe that is the case of your guy friend. He may just be going after a type of woman that simply does not or can not appreciate him. He may need to re evaluate his criteria.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    My friends and I used to rate guys all the time............................... in junior high.

:noway:
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    It's ok the OP is still using Hot or Not to get her dating info
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Since there are so many people who aren't "rating" others, does this mean that all the research being done in biology, evolutionary psychology, neuroscience, and cognitive science to explain our sexual psyches are all for nothing? Everyone is REALLY selecting sexual mates based on...?

... attraction? Pheromones?

Not numbers?
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    As a solid 5.6, I am open to most number especially 3.14. cuz I love 3.14. :tongue:

Love me some pi :happy:
  • atulas
    atulas Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Its just a #. Maybe your scale is reversed. As a 3 I am on MFP working hard to get to #1 not 10.
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Since there are so many people who aren't "rating" others, does this mean that all the research being done in biology, evolutionary psychology, neuroscience, and cognitive science to explain our sexual psyches are all for nothing? Everyone is REALLY selecting sexual mates based on...?

Not numbers?

Well numbers can be used...like how symmetrical a person's face is. I bet you Steve Buscemi's face isn't as symmetrical as Channing Tatum's face. I know...nerd girl reply. :grumble:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Not numbers?

Well numbers can be used...like how symmetrical a person's face is. I bet you Steve Buscemi's face isn't as symmetrical as Channing Tatum's face. I know...nerd girl reply. :grumble:

I don't understand your response. Steve Buscemi's face is perfect. Do you mean because his face is off the charts?
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Kind,employed,( doesn't matter where,as long as he makes the effort) :wink: funny and 98 % sane.These are the things that matter.
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Not numbers?

I don't understand your response. Steve Buscemi's face is perfect. Do you mean because his face is off the charts?

Ha! It IS perfect.

For the record Channing Tatum always looked a little Down Syndrome-y to me.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    lol@numbers

oh yeah and, lol@retardsnuthuggingcelebrities
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Kind
    check
    employed,( doesn't matter where,as long as he makes the effort) :wink:
    check
    funny
    eh, maybe check
    and 98 % sane.
    CRAP! Ruled out again. :frown:
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Kind
    check
    employed,( doesn't matter where,as long as he makes the effort) :wink:
    check
    funny
    eh, maybe check
    and 98 % sane.
    CRAP! Ruled out again. :frown:

some women would make an exception to that rule!
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    In general, I think most women and men do lol
  • FGVC1188
    FGVC1188 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Not numbers?

I never understtod the whole symmetry thing. What if someone is just as ugly on both sides of the face?
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I'm sad that so many people concentrated on your remarks about rating people - i don't think you intended to mean exactly that - i think you were just trying to explain some things about why you are frustrated in the world of dating....though i do agree with their premise of rating is in the eye of the beholder and stupid to boot....

That said, I think there are two things -
    1) you personally may have a dating issue because, as others have mentioned, your self esteem might not be where it needs to be (love yourself). Cliche as it sounds, it really is true, our thinking we are "less than" is often evident, even in an online profile - we disclaimer that we know we're "fat", or say things that really clue people into the fact that we are not confident...confidence is uber attractive. Ever notice that the days where you feel gorgeous, it seems like everyone is noticing you? It's true!

2) For those confident women that still have a problem? I have found that women who are self assured, mature, have their crap together, etc...don't attract men the same way needy, fragile girls do (whether they are truly needy/fragile, or just "appear" a little helpless)....i might get flack for saying it, but i think that innately, many men, whether they realize it or not, often do want to "take care" of their significant other - and if you don't seem like you need taking care of, those men aren't necessarily attracted to you. I think that's just nature. My opinion, of course. I'm not saying that all men just want a needy woman, or that woman "act" needy...I'm saying that there are woman that have their stuff together and act super independent and those that while they may also have their stuff together, seem more approachable and willing to be "helped" and "advised", etc...i'm digging myself a hole i think, so I'll stop now, but as i look at all the woman in my life, many of whom are pretty and have their stuff together, i definitely notice a difference in datability based on demeanor, so to speak...

I think it helps to realize that in our lifetime, we hopefully only "mate" or "marry" once, for some a couple/few times. That means that every other person you date/meet, will not be "the one". With that in mind, what does it matter if a zillion guys aren't dating you...eventually one will, and hopefully that one, will be the right one. Every other one won't be....

I really like this answer!

To the OP: you are pretty! The right man will come for you eventually. Love works in strange ways after all. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Frustrated a little this morning about the dating world, so feel like venting a little.

All my fellow single ladies that would consider yourself average looking but overweight... have you noticed that a lot of single guys won't even consider dating a girl 'in their league' but will only hold out for a girl that is an 8,9, or 10.

Don't get me wrong... If you look like Steve Buscemi, are 30+ years old, only work at a grocery store part time and CAN get a girl that looks like Katherine Heigl... then more power to you!

But I feel like myself, and a lot of other single girls I know, all know that we aren't 10s and aren't under any false pre-tenses that we could get a guy that looks like Channing Tatum... we tend to be pretty realistic about the guys that we will 'go after' but continue to get NO RESPONSE from a lot of these guys either. But, yes I'm overweight... I keep full-length, current pics up on dating websites so that people 'know what they're getting'. (Profile pic was taken earlier this month... I know I'm not a Katherine Heigl... but didn't think I was 'make small children weep' ugly either?) I have been fully supporting myself financially since I graduated college at 22... I live on my own, I have been working a full time job that makes enough to pay all of my own bills, have a little 'fun money' and put some in savings since I graduated college. I know how to cook and clean for myself, am able to drive my own car etc, and I feel like I'm pretty reasonable about looks in general, as well as body types of guys that are 'in my league' Yet it seem like even these guys are all holding out for only the beautiful girls.

Yeah I know I'm just not their cup of tea for some people, regardless of looks... I get that... I'm just frustrated with the prevelance of guys that are a 3 expecting to only date girls who are an 8,9, or 10.

Do you girls know what I'm talking about or is this just me?

Just frustrated so wanted to get that off my chest... Feel free to add me if you feel like you are in the same boat so at least we can keep each other company :)

Nothing wrong with shooting for the stars....one will always be limited by one's expectations. BTW A person with confidence is very attractive regardless of "their rating"
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Now, I'm an old married woman, but when I was dating, there were lots of guys who passed me by, some of whom I thought were attractive/smart/nice, etc. The same happened to my husband--some girls apparently even laughed at him when he asked them out--how rude!). Neither of us is "all that" --but he certainly is to me, and I hope I am to him!!! I think it really is a case of finding the right mix of everything that makes you go "Phaw" on a regular, consistent basis. Not easy to find by any means--but something to treasure if you've found it.

I totally agree with this!!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    seem appropriate

billymadison.gif
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    seem appropriate

billymadison.gif

I loved that movie!!!!