Guys that are a 3 trying to be with girls that are an 8...

Options

Replies

• starryk
    starryk Posts: 53
    Options
    I find this a touchy subject cause I'm in the same boat. I was signed up with two online dating communities until last week - done... I met a few men off those sites because to me, when all else fails, conversation needs to be number 1.. but I found a lot of white lies had been told - here's my thinking on that - if you know you are going to meet someone - why lie about anything?

I am starting to believe that if its meant to be...........
  • louisel809
    Options
    Owns a penis and has working knowledge of female anatomy I'm in! Too fussy??
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    seem appropriate

billymadison.gif

Con Air...? I know I've seen this scene but can't necessarily remember the movie.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Feel free to PM me fabulous women of MFP! IM a total 3 but have an awesome tan and armed with the legendary Big Brown meat love hammer!!!!!!!!!:devil:
  • Hirgy03
    Hirgy03 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I would hope that this has been stated already, but I didn't feel like reading through all the pages of this thread, but......

The question really is; Why in the sam hell do you think you are less than a '10'? You have a great smile, and from the pics (yeah, I creeped a bit), you look like you are outgoing, fun, and you are a beautiful woman. Why would somebody like you settle for anything less than a '10' in your eyes? I used to think like that too, "she's too pretty to be seen with a guy like me", etc. However, it was just that kind of low view of myself that must have been showing through and keeping people away. It wasn't my looks, it was my self esteem.

Don't settle......... Don't. Ever. Settle. Its a proven path to looking back someday and wondering 'what could have been'. YOU ARE BETTER THAN THAT. I think we all are.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    seem appropriate

billymadison.gif

Con Air...? I know I've seen this scene but can't necessarily remember the movie.

billy-madison-poster.jpg
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    seem appropriate

billymadison.gif

billy-madison-poster.jpg

Ah. Thanks for clarifying, It's been ages since I've seen that movie!
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem.. I wish the 9-10s would leave me alone... I know its a pity date and you are hoping to score... I'm not an idiot...

but, Yes, I will touch your abs........ which is why I say yes.. that, and free dinner......
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    And here I was certain that math held the answer to everything...
  • Skratchie
    Skratchie Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It's really difficult to determine if you have any attraction, chemistry, like someone's personality, etc., if someone passes you up based on looks alone. So while it's clear that almost everyone here is only interesting in the person inside, not the packaging (/sarcasm) the truth is, that's not the case in the real world. Particularly when you're looking at profile pics on a dating website, people are totally judging based on looks and what little bit might be written. No one can say that they would contact people based solely on personality under those circumstances. And I sincerely doubt that most people look at someone across the room and say, "Wow, that girl has buck teeth, big feet, crazy hair, and an extra 75 pounds, but look at that PERSONALITY! I gotta meet HER!"

Can't we be honest and admit that the first attraction is usually a physical one? What happens AFTER that point may have absolutely nothing to do with looks, but in the first instance, it's most often about a person's physical traits. Many divorced, middle aged men I met when I was single were looking for the physical traits usually associated with first year college students, primarily meant to stroke their ego. Those guys weren't looking for relationships; they were just looking for that ego stroke, and maybe a quick lay. However, what they didn't realize was, a lot of those girls only went out with them because they had more money than guys their own age, and they got nicer dinners out of the deal. It makes me laugh to hear both sides from the folks at work ... I always wonder if they're really that unaware of what's going on ...
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    oh man...this is getting crazy
  • thatfitgaal
    Options
    So has MFP turned this in to an essay assignment or...? ;)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Maybe its because no guy want to be called a "3" by you...

Thank you for rating us men. I like how its ok for men to be rated but yet the same women scream when men do it to them.

I hope you get a "10" to date you soon. Go get you a Channing Tatum girl. I hear he's a 10...

^^ This. I dislike the rating people thing.

tumblr_m5vmoseUwY1r3qmkpo1_500.jpg
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    it's has alot to do with personality. i have been totally crushed out on dudes that are not considered "attractive" based on their looks but i am magnetically drawn to their personality. intelligence, funniness, all very sexy to me.

i do suffer from depression but when i am at my best (totally "on" and confident) i have been known to take down even the "katherine heigl" types, because many of the most attractive men are looking for charisma over boring beauties..charisma gets you everywhere.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Dating and weightloss have a lot in common. In most cases, if you really believe that you are worth the effort to lose weight, you will get there. Ditto relationships: if you really believe yourself to be loveable you will find someone to love you.

However, if you have self doubt you may find it very hard not to sabotage yourself, to make up reasons why you can't lose more weight or find that man/woman.

What I got from the OP's post was a sense of a fundamental misunderstanding of attraction. Relationships are not job interviews; employment histories don't make great pillow talk.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Dating and weightloss have a lot in common. In most cases, if you really believe that you are worth the effort to lose weight, you will get there. Ditto relationships: if you really believe yourself to be loveable you will find someone to love you.

However, if you have self doubt you may find it very hard not to sabotage yourself, to make up reasons why you can't lose more weight or find that man/woman.

What I got from the OP's post was a sense of a fundamental misunderstanding of attraction. Relationships are not job interviews; employment histories don't make great pillow talk.

It really depends on the job you're interviewing for. :p
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me glad I have an awesome personality.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm quite ashamed some woman felt this needed to be posted.

People are not the sum of their outward appearance.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I'm quite ashamed some woman felt this needed to be posted.

People are not the sum of their outward appearance.

Yeah that is easy for a pretty girl to say!!! :mad:

Just kidding. :flowerforyou: