I feel sorry for women

Options
15678911»

Replies

• reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I ate 1400-1500 a day and lost weight. I ate even more on my big workout days. I eat 1800-2000 a day now and maintain. The secret is how often you eat and eating a high protein diet. I also do weight training twice a week which has allowed me to develop a very healthy BMI. I have made my metabolism work for me. So not all women have to eat that less. You can get your body to metabolize more calories if you do it right. I only work out 3 times a week in maintenance but when I was trying to lose weight I worked out 4-5 days a week. I am a 45 year old women who is in the best shape of her life.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    MFP told me to eat 1200.
    There's no way I can do that. I upped it to 1400...and that's still hard.
    I don't eat crap either...at least I think I don't.
  • ephemerata
    ephemerata Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Edit: That's NET 2100. So, yeah, I eat more than you.

I love you right now. #marryme
  • itstimetoeat
    itstimetoeat Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was only gone for an hour and look what you all did!

There are some scary sensative/angry/crazy people in here....I'm going to just back out slowly and hope everyone remembers to not take everything as an insult, and to not assume any particular comment is directed at your personally....just breathe please?

For the record, I eat more than 1200 because I'm tall and I can. But if a smaller woman wants to eat 1200 and is comfortable with that why the hell not? It's not like someone else's dietary needs effect me in any way whatsoever.

lol funnny post. Lots to read!
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I am far more put out by the whole childbirth/menstruation/crazy hormone thing. I'm fine with eating 1400/day or workouting out more to get more cals. Not too big of a deal, really.
  • Tommierunner
    Options
    Studies have show that under-consuming calories can actually make it harder to loose weight. By eating a balanced diet and enough calories each day, you are letting your body do the work to loose the weight. By restricting calories, your body breaks down muscle in order to make up for the energy deficit. In the end, it causes you to have a higher proportion of fat to lean-muscle mass. So right now you may see weight loss by restricting calories but in the end, its better to consume enough calories.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I maintain 97 pounds at almost 2000 calories net.
    I've never dieted to lose weight though, might make a difference.

*and I am sedentary

Lucky. How tall are you ?
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I would die at 1200. I am losing at about 1600. Maintenance at 2100+. Why do you feel sorry?
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Ah, this battle again. Sure, you may die if you only eat 1200, but someone who does may find it works great for them. I have my goal set for 1600 (no exercise included in that), but I eat clean and avoid most processed crap. Since beginning this, my caloric intake has been lower, but I am never hungry anymore.

*Shrugs* Whatever works for you. Sitting and bashing people who have achieved killer bods at 1200 seems a little silly and childish to me. Just as bashing those who eat 2000+ and have achieved killer bods. Get over yourselves and stop focusing so much on what EVERYONE else is doing and just focus on working out and eating right.