How many hours per week do you workout?

Options
1235»

Replies

• think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Based on what I read, you're pretty maxed out for time spent in the gym. And it's good you've added strength training to a heavy cardio work out. Try to mix up the type of cardio you do so your body doesn't adapt. Also, steady state cardio will break down your muscle growth, so mix it up with some interval training, HIIT, plyometrics, tabata...stuff like that ;)

I'll do an hour of strength and 30 min cardio about five days a week, cus I'm more concerned with building muscle.

Good luck! You're doing great :) Make sure you're eating enough food to fuel that training or your wear yourself out :)

Thank you!!! Yes, my cardio is all different. I do one day of HIIT, one day of hill work, one day of spin and one day of steady state, and then sometimes some climging/stepping, so I do a different form of it each day. I hope that is what I should be doing! HIIT and hills are my favorite though. :)
  • jesstaylor73
    Options
    I do a weights-based exercise class called body pump once a week (if you haven't tried it before, I highly recommend!) plus 4 sessions in the gym of 1-1.5 hours cardio and a lot of stretching. I also try to get out on a long walk in the peak district once a fortnight!

Jess :-)
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I love the variety everyone does here. I guess I kind of am doing an average amount of time. But also makes me feel better if I need to skip a cardio session one week!
  • jorasims
    jorasims Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Circuit Training is 1.5-2 hours a week and cardio is no less than 2 hours per week so a little over 4 hours per week.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    If I do everything in my plan, a little over 7 hours (my lifting workouts vary in length). Two hours of that are pure cardio, two hours iare yoga, and the rest is filled with warmup, lifting, and HIIT.
  • Tann33
    Tann33 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    3.5 hours a week and that's a mix of strength training and cardio.
  • johnnygoodlife
    Options
    6-8
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Lift- 6 hours (7.5 if I go Saturdays)
    Cardo- zip.
  • i workout 2-4 hrs a day.

the only day I dont workout is on sunday.
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I try to get in at least an hour a day. Some days it's 45 minutes circuit training at my gym, 1.5 hours of bowling, and 15 minutes on my WII fit. Other days it could be 45 minutes curcuit training at my gym and an hour on my WII fit or Just on hour on the WII Fit for my easy days. Since I started MFP I don't think I've missed a day of some sort of workout.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Weight training at the gym: 60 min x2
    Yoga 60 min (sometimes I go twice a week .... although I haven't been making it at all lately)
    Spin x 45 min
    Core class 15 min x2
    Running ..... I don't do the same mileage each week, but 5 to 6 hours per week would be a modest estimate.

So 11 or 12 hours a week
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    i workout 2-4 hrs a day.

the only day I dont workout is on sunday.

I was thinking that that was an extreme amount of time until I read you are a fitness instructor. Lucky you!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    8 hours a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition