I just got hit up for girl scout cookies!!!

Options

Replies

• kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    subpar cookies at best

You. Leave. Now. :mad:

:drinker:
  • MrsC160
    MrsC160 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    jofjlt:

No no no silly. Different regions sell different cookies. :)

Do you have a lemonade cookie? Where I live they are called Savannah Smiles.
    My box of Savannah Smiles can't get here fast enough .......

They. Are. Amazing.
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    My niece hit me up last night. I don't like them because the hydrogenated oils bother me. I told my niece that I would buy 2 boxes for her, so pick whatever she wants. That way, I'm supporting her, and I don't have to take them. I also don't like thin mints, so if I have to buy some to support somebody's kid, then I buy something I don't like and take them to work. Don't buy the samoas or peanut butter patties if you like to eat them.
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I have a simple solution....don't order any...I have two neices that are Girl Scouts and numerous friends and they understand, I don't eat them. I mean I will, Thin Mints are my fav but that's why I don't buy them
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    ALthough I like to support great groups like these... I have a personal rule - I can NOT bring ANY of those dang delicious cookies home with me. They're just like lays... who can stop at one cookie or even one box? :)

I donate them to the military!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    2009_04_02-Samoa.jpg

:devil:

DEVILS FOOD! GET THEE BACK SATAN!
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Thin mints are fabulous frozen.
    This so much.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    mmm....cookies
  • lilylux
    lilylux Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    When I read threads like these, and then wiki what these cookies are all about, it makes me glad I don't live in the US! Thin Mints and Peanut Butter patties sound like heaven.
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My husband and teenage son will help me eat them. I'm really pretty good at eating a reasonable serving of cookies. It's things like potato chips that are dangerous for me!
  • juditanne
    juditanne Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i just ordered some. in the freezer they will go!
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    oh no its that time of year again i will make sure i work it into my calories
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    I purposely did not order any this year and I know where the little crack dealers set up their booths so I'm just going to avoid those places. I cannot handle Girl Scout cookies. I can put away an entire box in one day.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    A lot of us military overseas don't want them in our faces either! LOL

I can always tell when it's that time of year because suddenly there are piles of unwanted cookie boxes all over the place. I know a lot of people enjoy them, and we ALL appreciate the thought and effort, but holy crap, it's disgusting the amount of care package goodies and cookies and stuff we get.

We should be sending it back to you! :) We are actually fed really well out there, supplied with a whole ton of snacks to grab whenever we want, plus we have friends and family back home sending care packages full of our favorites. A lot of stuff ends up going to the trash because there is no way to eat it all and no place to store it.

If you really want to donate, see if you can send them to a food bank. I doubt any of us military folks will miss a few boxes (we have plenty) but the food banks might really appreciate them and need them more.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    My DH makes cookies. Real cookies, with butter and eggs and sugar. No preservatives, high-fructose corn syrup, or partially-hydrogenated vegetable oils. (He bakes them for the church coffee hour so I sample one for "quality control purposes" and get them out of the house.)

It is VERY easy for me to pass up GS cookies. I'll make a donation to the troop but I won't buy that stuff, even to feed it to someone else.
  • micervera
    micervera Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Guilty!! I just ate a whole box of the Mango Creme fusion cookies. I feel so bad and forcing myself hours at the gym today.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Guys, you have NO idea. I'm a GIRL SCOUT LEADER!!! In a couple of weeks I'll have nearly 50 cases, not boxes mind you, CASES of cookies in my living room.

Weep for me.
  • gunswife
    Options
    I'm screwed. My daughter is a daisy and guilted me into 10 boxes, (3 for military). Ill just freeze boxes and go thru one at a time counting calories. It's gonna be soooo hard lol
  • jelr
    jelr Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I bought 9 boxes two weeks ago from my friends daughter, still have 6 boxes left. I log them with everything else when I do have them but I make sure to look at the nutrition info so I get that "omg 2 cookies is 130 *$%# calories!" effect, that keeps me in check. My kids and husband ate out of those 3 boxes of cookies also and they don't follow the portions lol so I don't think I am doing too bad. I find if I can allow myself a little thing like that and just count it into my calories for the day I do alot better then letting the box tease me until I am ready to binge on the whole thing.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I ordered 4 boxes from my niece. I'll eat every one :)