Replies

• Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • heatherpg47
    heatherpg47 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just started using the TDEE-approx 20%.. I am so much happier, less grumpy, now. It is great to see how sucsessful everyone has been with this!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Going to try this - I have lots a lot of weight (see ticker) but have slowed right down now, hovering around the 71 kg mark, slowly still coming off. My "allowance" is 1200-odd, I know when I eat more AND do a decent lot (for me!) of exercise it comes off, so going to bite the bullet and see how I go.

(PS How many calories in a bullet?) :laugh:
  • jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KatherineStar
    KatherineStar Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i started MFP on 1200 cals as recommended, lost 3lbs in three weeks (most of it in week one and very small losses for 2 and 3). decided to start this last week and am already 2lbs down after about 5 days! brilliant
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Definitely working for me too. I had to go through a "reset" stage eating at my TDEE because I had lost on the MFP 1200 starvation plan! LOL, and then began to gain at "maintenance". Boo!

So I ate at my 1750 TDEE for 6 weeks - yeah SCARY! Gained only a few water weight pounds, that's all.

Now, I'm losing the last 5 doing TDEEminus 10%. Slow and steady, it IS working.

Check out the "in place of a road map" and "Eat more to weigh less" threads. I found the calculator/spreadsheet there to be the most helpful.

Cheers :drinker:
  • lainester
    Options
    save for later : )
  • brod2point0
    brod2point0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Why did you use this split? 40, 20 20?
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand this. I calculated my TDEE at 2394. BMR is 1544 and it turns out that my daily calories (exercise factored in the calculator) is 1910.

Should I be eating 1910 every day?
  • jeannate52
    jeannate52 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • erin4609
    erin4609 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This has been really helpful. This seems like more of a lifestyle change. Thanks!
  • luckyclover78
    luckyclover78 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump for later. I just starting that this week to see what happens.
  • MonicaRoxxs
    MonicaRoxxs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I recently started doing TDEE-20% and Im trying to make sure Im doing it right! So my TDEE puts me at 2000 a day including the
    -20%. So the calories I exercise off I shouldnt eat back or does it really matter?? Im curios to see how this 2000 calories a day
    is gonna work :-)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    No, TDEE is "TOTAL" daily energy expenditure, so you don't eat back exercise cals.
  • bandit0609
    bandit0609 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bump

i really dont understand all of this! It's so confusing! one person told me u eat your calories back and now people are saying not to! Can someone please clarify this for me!
    Im 23
    163 cm
    80 kg
    moderate exercise

• jehan
    jehan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I just ran across the post about TDEE - 20% yesterday. I read the post about and it makes sense. I'm starting today and now my calorie intake is 1563. I am hoping this works, because I started using MFP again three weeks ago and I was pegged to eat only 1240 and I also ate my exercise calories back. And despite running at the gym for several days a week, I lost a measly 1 lb. So I'm hoping the scale would finally budge once I start TDEE-20%.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Thanks fr your reply, briccomp!
    I was also eating around 12-16 a day and was always hungry. I have to say since upping my calorie intake I feel unstoppable. Never hungry, twice the energy to exercise and run and play with my kids.

How long has it been since you changed your goals?

:noway: You should eat more than 12-16 calories a day. :laugh: Couldn't resist.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Bump

i really dont understand all of this! It's so confusing! one person told me u eat your calories back and now people are saying not to! Can someone please clarify this for me!
    Im 23
    163 cm
    80 kg
    moderate exercise

It depends on what system you're using and whether your exercise varies a lot, but if you're using the MFP system (the calories it recommends for you), it's designed for you to be able to add your exercise calories and eat them back. If you're using TDEE - 20% then your exercise calories are already averaged out for the day, so you don't need to add them in or eat them back.
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I am considering changing my plan to TDEE -20%. I have been at a plateau for 2 months and JUST went down 1.5 pounds today. I think it's time for a change; my current plan is only at 1470 cals per day and the more I read, the more I think that's too little and I need to reconsider my plan.
  • kmchambers64
    kmchambers64 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    If you are on the fence. I started this last week. Honestly, I have trouble eating all the allowable calories, but I do my best. I do not add back in my work out calories as they are already calculated in there. Well I weighed in after 1 week and lost 2.5 lbs. That is my best 1 week loss. And like I said I was having to really work to eat all the calories, mostly because I was making sure those calories were healthy calories not junk. Go for it. If you don't like it, you can always switch back.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!