Random stuff that stops me getting fat... and makes you fat

Options
12345679»

Replies

• amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I agree with all except that I don't need chocolate. I am woman, chocolate is necessity! lol

Bull. S**t.

Please dont lump all women into the sad 'oh my god Im a woman, I MUST have chocolate, chocolate was DESIGNED for woman, we bleed from our vaginas, we NEEEEEEED it.

Chocolate is not a necessity. I sound like a total cowbag, but so be it. Hate the 'woman must have chocolate' attitude.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I think the point about fat people making their friends fatter is a very valid one. There have been several studies showing this exact phenomenon.

Likewise, how many times do we all get told "Go, on, treat yourself, you deserve it." Most people hear this all the time. I hear it said nearly every day. And it's nearly always from larger people. My thin friends don't go round pushing cake on each other. In fact most of us don't eat cake at all. I think a huge amount of weight issues and debt issues for that matter, are as a result of this very prevalent attitude of feeling like you deserve a treat, and then another the next day...and another etc. I absolutely resent that sentiment. You deserve to be healthy.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I agree with all except that I don't need chocolate. I am woman, chocolate is necessity! lol

Bull. S**t.

Please dont lump all women into the sad 'oh my god Im a woman, I MUST have chocolate, chocolate was DESIGNED for woman, we bleed from our vaginas, we NEEEEEEED it.

Chocolate is not a necessity. I sound like a total cowbag, but so be it. Hate the 'woman must have chocolate' attitude.

ME TOO! I don't like chocolate, I didn't eat it for 2 years once, not intentionally, I just wasn't interested. My husband eats 4 times as much of it as I do. In fact, all the men in my family eat far more chocolate than any of the women.
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Some of your post is common sense, others you just come off as a complete *kitten*.

Cheating once and a while isn't bad. But it seems as if you're perfect, so you probably never go over.

I have switched to mostly cardio, with some weight training and you know what, I am seeing someone with muscles underneath all of my weight. Guess all those years of sports did help something. Cardio is just as, if not more, important.
    ^^To add to this, when all the face eating zombies attack, I'll be a couple miles ahead of you. You will be their breakfast^^

Sometimes I don't have time to make all of my meals, although most of the time I do, but hey,. I still do fine! =-D

My metabolism is different than that 120lb girl that sits next to me at work. I really doubt that she burns as much as me just living. It takes a lot to keep this 6'2" 195lb train running.

You never need to eat chips, chocolate, etc. No, nor do you need to go on vacations, that's time you could be making more money instead. You take a little time off from life too, so it's not different if you think about it.

Sex is awesome when you aint fat. ...? I bet fat people enjoy it too.

Healthy people don't eat much (compared to you)...You are quick to generalize a group of readers. Poor writing style, not that you seem to care. ^_^

I'll stop there. =D
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Good read for a Monday morning - Thanks!
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

Great post :)

Thanks! :)

There's a poster above who has made some of the mistakes I've mentioned though.

Should have a read through my above post dude...
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    Actually MOST people do have the same metabolisms. I think we could probably frame this one as the all time number one excuse !?

^^^

Agree and Disagree. Here is where I disagree: There are medical conditions that slow the metabolism. I was a thin person my whole life and really did not work out that much. Suddenly there was a point I started putting on weight without any changes in my life style. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Here is where I do agree: Looking back now I can see that I used that diagnosis as my excuse. I did not work out. I did not eat right because in my head I had an excuse to be fat. (This is just me not talking about anyone else with this problem) When the light bulb finally came on I realized that I had been using it as an excuse. Did that make my slower metabolism go away? No. But it did mean that I had to watch every ounce of food I put into my mouth and it did mean that I have to work out harder and longer than people that do not have my problem. When I accepted that. When I came to terms with that. I began to lose weight. I don't think you are a jerk. I think sometimes when you have lost weight you just want to shout to the world that there is no easy fix. It's hard work.

Since I started losing weight I have found that people ask me a lot. "How did you do it?" You can see it in their face that they are waiting for me to tell them the "Secret". When I say "Watch what I eat and work out hard 6 days a week". You see their face change instantly. People don't want to hear the truth. There is no magic. It's hard work.
  • chrishgt4
    Options
    Actually MOST people do have the same metabolisms. I think we could probably frame this one as the all time number one excuse !?

^^^

Agree and Disagree. Here is where I disagree: There are medical conditions that slow the metabolism. I was a thin person my whole life and really did not work out that much. Suddenly there was a point I started putting on weight without any changes in my life style. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Here is where I do agree: Looking back now I can see that I used that diagnosis as my excuse. I did not work out. I did not eat right because in my head I had an excuse to be fat. (This is just me not talking about anyone else with this problem) When the light bulb finally came on I realized that I had been using it as an excuse. Did that make my slower metabolism go away? No. But it did mean that I had to watch every ounce of food I put into my mouth and it did mean that I have to work out harder and longer than people that do not have my problem. When I accepted that. When I came to terms with that. I began to lose weight. I don't think you are a jerk. I think sometimes when you have lost weight you just want to shout to the world that there is no easy fix. It's hard work.

Since I started losing weight I have found that people ask me a lot. "How did you do it?" You can see it in their face that they are waiting for me to tell them the "Secret". When I say "Watch what I eat and work out hard 6 days a week". You see their face change instantly. People don't want to hear the truth. There is no magic. It's hard work.

I think that is the point of the comment though - there are people who genuinely have conditions but that gets brought up time and time again when the reality is, most people don't have problems, and most people's metabolisms are comparable.

Of course at 6ft and pushing 200lbs, mine will be different to a 5ft 110lb girl, but they are still comparable based on size/weight/composition/gender.

Oh and there is evidence to suggest that those with naturally higher metabolisms comes down to things like they fidget more, therefore they are more active.
  • tryinghard71
    Options

^^^

I think that is the point of the comment though - there are people who genuinely have conditions but that gets brought up time and time again when the reality is, most people don't have problems, and most people's metabolisms are comparable.

Of course at 6ft and pushing 200lbs, mine will be different to a 5ft 110lb girl, but they are still comparable based on size/weight/composition/gender.

Oh and there is evidence to suggest that those with naturally higher metabolisms comes down to things like they fidget more, therefore they are more active.

I think we agree. I was just saying that my condition means I have to fidgit more. LOL!
  • chrishgt4
    Options

^^^

I think we agree. I was just saying that my condition means I have to fidgit more. LOL!

Lol i think so too.

just put some music on and your legs will go mental lol
  • tryinghard71
    Options

^^^

Lol i think so too.

just put some music on and your legs will go mental lol

LOL!!!!
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Love this post. It's a little splash of water in the face to many individuals whom lie to themselves every day and I can understand why they look the way they do!
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Very true about how much people eat. People always tell me I eat almost nothing. I eat exactly the amount humans are meant to eat.

Great line, and so true....also good 4 u OP

????????????Healthy people don't eat much (compared to you)

3 or 4 hours exercise a week makes a massive difference - Anyone can spare 3 or 4 hours a week

Fat people encourage people to be fat. Correct weight people are good to be around ????????????

*****found this thread reading older posts*****
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,005 Member
    Options
    Fat people encourage people to be fat. Correct weight people are good to be around

I dont agree with this comment - my friends are still the same people whether they are over weight or not - people with caring fun personalities are good to be around, I dont judge others worthiness to be around me on their size.
  • surfbabe
    Options
    Sometimes getting off your *kitten* is the hardest thing to do. Take a walk outside, do some jumping jacks, dance to some music in your kitchen, just do something physical every hour. And don't forget to get your real workout in.

I used to do my workouts in the evening but I'd find excuses for being too tired so I started waking up at 5am and going first thing in the morning... haven't missed a workout yet!

Just Do It!
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this!! Fantastic!!!