taking superbowl sunday OFF. yes or no?

Options
1235»

Replies

• runningonmargaritas
    Options
    I am going to try to watch my portion control and be conscious of my food choices and will definitely get a good workout in Sunday morning. I'm sure I will go over my calories a bit but will still log everything.
  • Gymtrainer_23
    Options
    No off days here
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I am! My team has made it and I plan on eating and drinking all day long! :drinker:

I might try to get a class in if the place I go to is open, if not no big deal!
  • Honeybea86
    Options
    I'm makin kabobs chicken and beef loaded with veggies..... I'll be mainly going after protein ...... Good thing all my guy friends know how to make some yummy meat on the BBQ!
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    My plan is to party and eat. One day is not going to change my overall comittment. Go 49ers!
  • kjf1982
    kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I never make a premeditated decision to take a certain day off, or not. That said, I may or may not stay within my caloric goal on Super Bowl Sunday. Regardless, I try to make better decisions than I would have made pre-"lifestyle change". I take a smaller portion, I skip a dish I probably would have tried before so I can indulge more in something I know I like and want, I drink a couple less beers. I don't stress about one day. So, to answer your question, I don't think I ever decide to take a "day off" from my new lifestyle, I just make it work, and still enjoy the things I enjoy, and if I don't stay within my calories that day, I don't stress out about it.

^^ THIS THIS THIS!!! ^^

I couldn't have said it better.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Doesn't much matter to me... I take every weekend and holiday off and I have for over a year and a half.
  • stevb15
    stevb15 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'll be taking dinner off on sunday as I watch my RAVENS win the Super Bowl!!!!! Then back at it on monday morning.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Not 'off' per say, I'll try to make the right choices while still enjoying the party. :) I am missing my soccer game that day so that hurts, but I'm also going to have quite a few extra 'exercise' calories from the night before. :D
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Cripes, I just got over the freaking "holidaze" ..... Halloween, T-day, Xmas, New Year's ...... but then it's always gonna be something, isn't it .......

I won't be taking SuperBowl "off" but will enjoy myself ....... I'll workout a little longer, just to be safe ......... then go to a friend's house ..... probably bring a veggie & dip tray, and some diet tonic for a couple of gin & tonics :drinker:

Keep on truckin' !
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    How many calories are in Deer Antler Spray?
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm not taking the day off, but I will be making some different food for myself than I will be for my hubby and son. We're not having a huge party, so that makes it way easier. Regular pizza for the boys. We can all have the wings I'm making, because I just shake them in taco seasoning and bake them. No deep-frying. Pizza with cauliflower crust for me. And, since hubby doesn't like anything buffalo, I'm making baked buffalo chicken bites (chicken breast) for myself for salad that day. And, they will be having their chips and dip, too. I'll make sure that I get my usual workout in for sure that day.....but, all in all, it won't be a horrible day calorie-wise for me. I want to enjoy the game with my family and still make good choices.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    How many calories are in Deer Antler Spray?

Ask Ray Lewis.
  • meangrl29
    meangrl29 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well everyone on here convinced me (not that it took much) to stay away from the Michelob Ultra. one of 2 things will happen when I drink beer I don't like: I won't drink much because I don't like the taste or...... I will drink alot because everything tastes better by the fourth drink. Since beer was my big downfall prior to my diet I have not had any at all & I did tell myself all along that if I stick with it I can indulge on Super Bowl Sunday.
    I think it's good to take some holidays off. I won't be doing anything for Valentine's & we will NOT be doing Mardi Gras this year. So one holiday every 2 or 3 months should give me a good goal to look forward to.

*I loved the Groundhog joke!
  • meangrl29
    meangrl29 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I hate that the Superbowl is on Sunday's.. It should be moved to Friday or Saturday, so that I dont have to take Mondays off. :bigsmile:
    [/quote

Superbowl Monday is considered a holiday at our house. Everybody gets the day off.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I would say I am taking the day off. We are having friends over and making homemade chili. Going to have a vegie tray to go with it. We will be having a dessert - a friend is bringing this so not sure what it will be but I plan to eat some!!! I'm not a big alcohol fan but am going to indulge in some diet pepsi and diet dr. pepper!!! May go over calorie count but not going to worry about it!!!!
  • vashnic
    vashnic Posts: 93
    Options
    Planning to stuff face with honey bbq wings, but will still log it. It is nearly pure protein, right? :)
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'll still be working out that day so I don't feel AS guilty about the food I'm going to eat. :laugh:
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I will be having the busiest Sunday ever this weekend. I'm driving a few hours with my two preschoolers to visit a friend and her three kids. She's on bedrest so I'm going to be up to my eyeballs in children and toys and meals and diapers. And we are in the middle of petty training our youngest, and they are wanting to start with theirs, so I very well could be hauling a toddler or two to the bathroom every ten minutes. Lol with any luck her husband is planning on watching the game and will have some crazy awesome snacks handy, and I'll be able to catch some of the better replays and of course, the best commercials ever.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Is that this weekend? That is not a big thing for us around here, but thanks for letting me know so we don't go surprise relatives and end up the surprised ones ourselves. It will help us decide who to visit and who to skip should we get wanderlust this weekend.

Have fun though, alternate that fake beer you don't like with one real beer every 2nd or third beer? maybe that way you can stillget a little enjoyment but stay sober and skinny?