maybe it's time to be serious... 30 Day Shred anyone?

12346»

Replies

• asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    asltiffm - Hello :) I was wondering how long it took you to move up to two hours? Was that with Jillian DVDs only? Just curious how long I should only do Shred before adding other workouts. Thanks!

Well, I am a little crazy. I have always been active and love to push myself to my limits...and I enjoy it. I did the 30 day shred one day and couldn't move for a few days without everything screaming so I started doing it again after about a week. A week later I was doing about 2 hours. Some days it was just Jillian but most days it was a mix of Jillian and Biggest Loser workouts. Other days it was only Biggest Loser.

It's hard to say when you could start adding other ones without knowing your disposition and fitness level. If pushing yourself makes you want to quit then I would say be very cautious of adding on more but if you're mentally up for more then just go for it. If you have to stop half way through then so be it. Next time, do it again and eventually you'll be able to do 2 hours, and even more if you have the time and desire.

Good luck and stick with it!
  • BGent
    BGent Posts: 112
    asltiffm - Hello :) I was wondering how long it took you to move up to two hours? Was that with Jillian DVDs only? Just curious how long I should only do Shred before adding other workouts. Thanks!

Well, I am a little crazy. I have always been active and love to push myself to my limits...and I enjoy it. I did the 30 day shred one day and couldn't move for a few days without everything screaming so I started doing it again after about a week. A week later I was doing about 2 hours. Some days it was just Jillian but most days it was a mix of Jillian and Biggest Loser workouts. Other days it was only Biggest Loser.

It's hard to say when you could start adding other ones without knowing your disposition and fitness level. If pushing yourself makes you want to quit then I would say be very cautious of adding on more but if you're mentally up for more then just go for it. If you have to stop half way through then so be it. Next time, do it again and eventually you'll be able to do 2 hours, and even more if you have the time and desire.

Good luck and stick with it!

Thanks! I have to admit, I am not in the best of shape so I figure I will wait to add workouts until I can finish level one without much difficultly. :) I never enjoyed working out but her workouts make me much happier even though during it I feel like yelling at her. lol
  • trina33
    trina33 Posts: 58 Member
    ebickford- When you get your DVD let us know what you think. The more people we have supporting and motivating each other, the better. Some days the only reason I bother doing the Shred is because I know when I log on someone else will have done it and I don't want to feel guilty. It helps me keep going.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • luvalugirl
    luvalugirl Posts: 2
    Hi there! Coming to this post late though I just joined today! I started the 30 day shred on Wednesday, May 5th.........am excited to see where it takes me! I'm 5'11" and weigh 162....my goal weight is 150lb before 8/1........we shall see where this 30days takes me!

Stephanie
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    hey ladies~ I started off the week strong and made it to L1D3 and due to time constraints I haven't shredded again.
    But wed I went for a bike ride, thurs I went running/jogging and today I am planning on shredding! I got my friend to commit to it with me and I know she won't let me slack off! Once I begin today I will be sure to carry it thru the weekend and by Monday I will be at L2D4!

That's my plan and I'm sticking to it!
  • doll2002
    doll2002 Posts: 427
    After reading different comments about the 30 day shred, I decided to buy it and give it a try. At first I thought, Jillian expects me to do that (lol). I must say I have a long way to go to do what she is saying I will be able to do. The first day, I think I made it to the jumping jacks and rested. After a few minutes, I started again. I have to take this a little at a time and I am getting better with it after only 2 days. I love a challenge and this workout is challenging so count me in.
  • asltiffm
    I did L1D2 today. I didn't want to so I wasn't going to...but I finally talked myself into it 3 hours later. I didn't have to rest today but I did want to cry during the circuit 3 abs.

A few questions... Say I make it to L2D5 and don't do it for three days. Do you then start back at L1D1, L2D1 or continue on where you left off?

Does anyone else's hammer hit their anvil in their ear when doing jump ropes and jumping jacks? I've had this for as long as I remember and it's painfully loud and annoying to have banging around in there.

The other thing I was wondering if anyone had a problem with is a little hard to explain. I understand that cardio work makes it harder to breath but doing certain exercises which are much easier for my lungs & heart to take sometimes makes me feel like the wind is getting lightly knocked out of me with every movement. There's more than one exercise that does this but the one on level 1 that does it to me is when you get in a squat position and punch. Very easy movement but it just really does weird things to my lungs. Its difficult to breath in a fluid way becasue my breaths get cut off repeatedly, like my wind pipe is closing off and my breathing sounds very different, like when someone breaths through a straw. I have asthma so I know how that feels and it's got similar qualities but it's also very different than an asthma related breathing problem. Like I said, it's really hard to explain it. Any clues as to what that is? Does that happen to anyone else?
  • BGent
    I did L1D2 today. I didn't want to so I wasn't going to...but I finally talked myself into it 3 hours later. I didn't have to rest today but I did want to cry during the circuit 3 abs.

A few questions... Say I make it to L2D5 and don't do it for three days. Do you then start back at L1D1, L2D1 or continue on where you left off?

Does anyone else's hammer hit their anvil in their ear when doing jump ropes and jumping jacks? I've had this for as long as I remember and it's painfully loud and annoying to have banging around in there.

The other thing I was wondering if anyone had a problem with is a little hard to explain. I understand that cardio work makes it harder to breath but doing certain exercises which are much easier for my lungs & heart to take sometimes makes me feel like the wind is getting lightly knocked out of me with every movement. There's more than one exercise that does this but the one on level 1 that does it to me is when you get in a squat position and punch. Very easy movement but it just really does weird things to my lungs. Its difficult to breath in a fluid way becasue my breaths get cut off repeatedly, like my wind pipe is closing off and my breathing sounds very different, like when someone breaths through a straw. I have asthma so I know how that feels and it's got similar qualities but it's also very different than an asthma related breathing problem. Like I said, it's really hard to explain it. Any clues as to what that is? Does that happen to anyone else?

Hello! I don''t know about the different level and days question but I kinda understand about feeling like your out of breath during a certain exercise. I have a DVD from the firm series and every time I had to do the french press ( hold the weight behind your head to work triceps) I felt like I was going to pass out but the rest of the workout was fine. Maybe that is something I should bring up to my doctor the next time I go in to see her.

The whole ear thing may be something you want to double check with your doctor, just to see what they think. :wink:

Have a great weekend! :bigsmile:
  • trina33
    Good morning! I slacked off all weekend and meant to get to work this morning; but took my daughter to the doctor instead and am now heading to the pharmacy. This evening I take my son to baseball and my other daughter to softball, so if I have any energy left I'll think about excercise. More than likely, you'll hear back from me in a couple of days when I actually work out. This week is crazy busy and sick kids don't help. Talk to you all later................
  • asltiffm
    L1D3. I was surprised by how much easier today felt. I didn't have to take any breaks and I did only unmodified pushups...the most I've ever done in one day!! I am not fast enough at them to keep up with her but I did 8 both times without resting my arms so I'm pretty happy with that.
  • BGent
    L1D3. I was surprised by how much easier today felt. I didn't have to take any breaks and I did only unmodified pushups...the most I've ever done in one day!! I am not fast enough at them to keep up with her but I did 8 both times without resting my arms so I'm pretty happy with that.

Good job! I hope I will be able to workout again in a day or two, just need to get use to my medicine and then back to business.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • asltiffm
    L1D4. I think my abs are getting weaker. I had to stop three times during the last abs set. Ouch! I finally remembered to bring my weights but I doubt that has anything to do with it.
  • asltiffm
    L1D5. I hope everyone's doing well with the challenge and will report back soon.
  • trina33
    Sorry I haven't checked in for a while. It has been so busy here! Anyway, I have been trying to fit in some excercise; but have only done the shred a couple of times in the last week. Now that the weekend is here, instead of slacking off like I usually do, I am going to make sure I invest the time in excercise. On Monday, ask me how I did!

Have a great weekend everyone!