Replies

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Just recently yes!
  • Nola4
    Nola4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    1200 Everday! I am always over from sugar, but its usually good sugar like from a banana or something. I plan on eating a 1200 diet until I reach my goal and then I will give myself some wiggle room!
  • dvillano46
    dvillano46 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    OH and salad dressings are the worst for me! I love regular ole' ranch dressing. HOWEVER, now I buy the Bolthouse Balsamic Vinegarette dressing (30 calories) and mix in a little horseradish mustard (I get the generic brand of this and there's pretty much NOTHING calorie-wise in it - it's not dijon) and it makes a really good, thick dressing with a kick!

Oh, this sounds amazing! Thanks for the tip :)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I do 1200 calories, and then have another 400 calorie meal every day.
  • MasterKat
    MasterKat Posts: 149
    Options
    1200.... There are days (like today) that I struggle to meet 1200....then there are days that I can exceed it (damn Pizza Groupie) . My diary is open feel free to look. :bigsmile:
  • biscuit71
    biscuit71 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 1200 per day too but make sure to net some of those exercise calories. I think you're supposed to net 1200. I work out after lunch, which usually wipes out anything I've eaten that day, so I always have plenty of calories to have a decent dinner. So much that I can't usually use them up. My problem is that I keep going slightly over my allowable carbs and fat. I have to try to get that part down some. Otherwise, it seems to be working for me. Good luck to all of you out there!!!
  • tinabug11
    tinabug11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started doing 1200 calorie diet. I'm following the DASH food pyramid and there's a book call the DASH Diet Action Plan. It's not really a diet in that there's no special food, just follow the food pyramid and keep the calories within the limits set. The Action Plan just helped me figure out the number of servings of each type of food needed for a 1200 calorie nutrition plan.

How are you doing with 1200 calories?
  • missshoes07
    missshoes07 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 1200 calorie days. I started my "lifestyle improvement" plan about a month ago. It was tough staying under the marker for about the 1st 2 weeks. Of course the 'work out' days are easier. It took some research and longer trips to the grocer before I found things that were bigger portions with the right amount calories/carbs/protein/whatever. I started the couch-to-5k thing too. Obviously more walking is being done here than running, but I'm sticking with it. Good news to report: I've lost 2 inches off hips and 1 off the waist.
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm on roughly 1200 (net) to lose right now :)
  • LindseyAlyssa
    Options
    I'm trying for 1450, but some days only make it into the 1200s. On those days it's usually because I've eaten things like salmon, salad with little dressing, grilled shrimp, pan cooked &seasoned chicken breast, vegetables, etc. which tend to be on the low calorie side. Easiest way to get full on such a low calorie diet is to ditch the empty carbs. I avoid breads and chips, but still use wild rice cups in no more than one meal. I also don't drink soda or coffee, and don't typically sweeten the tea I drink. Protein is your friend! Eat more of it, especially if you are trying to strengthen your muscles. Foods with fiber will also help keep you full longer :)
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    Not me! I prefer to retain my sanity, hair, and health for the rest of my life. :flowerforyou:
  • FranQueen22
    FranQueen22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I'm a 1200 calorie girl too... I've lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks. Now I'm incorporating more excercise. Please add me as a friend!! I could use the support and motivation! :)
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    A 1200 Calorie girl here! :happy:
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/874820-1100-calorie-diet

Please check this, learn about BMR and TDEE and adjust accordingly

ooooh, didn't take long for some arrogant person to tell us we are doing it wrong. for anyone who has been on this site for more than a minute we know you don't agree with what we are doing, no need to keep shoving it down our throat. quit it. this thread just asked if there are other 1200 calorie girls. it did NOT ask for people to tell anyone that they are doing it wrong.

Oh don't worry he's not just trolling 1200 threads. He's annoying the rest of us on other threads too.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Not me! I prefer to retain my sanity, hair, and health for the rest of my life. :flowerforyou:

ooooooooooh, another condescending post. who the heck asked you anyway? i've been eating mostly 1200 calories for the past 9 months. i did not lose my hair and my health is just fine. as to my sanity, questionable, but it was questionable prior to dieting anyway.
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no way.

doing just great smashing all the weights and eating 1800

and building a body ive dreamed of.
  • EPITCH
    EPITCH Posts: 10
    Options
    I know this is "for ladies" but I thought I would give you all some tips. I also know that there are a lot of people that say the "shake diets" are not all they are cracked up to be since you cannot afford to sustain it for the rest of your life. This is true. The fact is, though, the shakes teach you portion control, as well as, fill you up for a significant amount of time. I use the GNC Lean Shake, for breakfast, then workout and eat a healthy lunch, and then use a GNC Lean Shake for supper. For suppliments, in between, I use a protien bar, or a snack such as vegetables, that provide nutrients. Most of the time, the shake carries me through until my next meal, though.

Look into eating a lot of chicken and lean meat. The more protien you can consume, the better you will be. You are all correct, though, keeping the calorie count low is good, but not too low. I have been able to keep myself under 1500 pretty much all the time, and under 1000 some days, without feeling hungry or starved.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I used to be a 1200 calorie girl until I realized I could eat 1800-2000 calories a day and still lose weight. Sorry for being so "arrogant" :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.