1200 calorie girls

Options

Replies

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    would you eat more police like it if the 1200 calorie people showed up in a person who is eating 1600 calories and told them to eat less even though they seemed to be perfectly fine just like the 1200 calorie people in this thread? i highly doubt it. it's trolling.

Look, from a person who did 1200 for a few months..... you will plateau. It's inevitable. And it'll be for weeks... maybe months. Why not just do it the healthy way & feed your body properly so you can avoid the months of feeling like a complete failure?

You only have one body. Why abuse it to lose weight when you can take care of it and lose just as much weight? I lose the same amount of weight at 1900 calories as I did at 1200.

Don't be naive. We're not arrogant. Just right.

How do you know that I will plateau? Just because you did, doesn't mean I will. In fact, I did not plateau. I went from 140 pounds to 115 pounds and never hit a plateau. If I plateau now, I'm cool with it because at 5'4", 115 pounds is a good weight.

People plateau at any amount of calories, even 1,900, not just because they eat 1200 calories. How am I being naive if it worked for me and I do not view what I did as abusing my body. I feel perfectly healthy and never felt like a complete failure from dieting since it worked really well for me.

Saying you're right when I just proved you wrong in my case makes you arrogant.

You have proven nothing other than you will pick a night with anyone. PS- I plateaued around 35 lbs lost.

IT ALWAYS HAPPENS when you're not feeding your body properly. If I put a half a tank of gas in my car, I'll eventually stall out somewhere.

I hit my goal weight and did not plateau. Using CAPITAL LETTERS DOES NOT PROVE THAT I WILL PLATEAU. If I hit my goal weight and am done losing weight, when exactly am I scheduled to plateau?

I don't need to lose 35 pounds. I only needed to lose 25 pounds, so I guess I'm set now and did fine on 1200 calories.

I can hear my hair growing. Would you like some soup?

what?
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    FTR - being on a medically supervised diet due to some reason or another listen to your doctor by all means but just know that most doctors have very little actual knowledge of nutrition.

My Dr. actually said "you know, I really don't know the ins and out of this but I can send you to a nutritionist who specializes in this kind of thing."

Gastric bypass patients are also different..

as for PCOS - I do not have it so I know nothing about it, I have a friend who does tho and she eats 1600 calories a day, she just watches her carbs and has no problems.

If it works for you good on ya... if you get stuck don't whine or post "why is this not working" or "I am so discouraged I want to quit threads" because everyone here who told you to eat more willl probably come back and said "I told you so"
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    would you eat more police like it if the 1200 calorie people showed up in a person who is eating 1600 calories and told them to eat less even though they seemed to be perfectly fine just like the 1200 calorie people in this thread? i highly doubt it. it's trolling.

Look, from a person who did 1200 for a few months..... you will plateau. It's inevitable. And it'll be for weeks... maybe months. Why not just do it the healthy way & feed your body properly so you can avoid the months of feeling like a complete failure?

You only have one body. Why abuse it to lose weight when you can take care of it and lose just as much weight? I lose the same amount of weight at 1900 calories as I did at 1200.

How do you know that I will plateau? Just because you did, doesn't mean I will. In fact, I did not plateau. I went from 140 pounds to 115 pounds and never hit a plateau. If I plateau now, I'm cool with it because at 5'4", 115 pounds is a good weight.

People plateau at any amount of calories, even 1,900, not just because they eat 1200 calories. How am I being naive if it worked for me and I do not view what I did as abusing my body. I feel perfectly healthy and never felt like a complete failure from dieting since it worked really well for me.

You have proven nothing other than you will pick a night with anyone. PS- I plateaued around 35 lbs lost.

IT ALWAYS HAPPENS when you're not feeding your body properly. If I put a half a tank of gas in my car, I'll eventually stall out somewhere.

this analogy makes zero sense btw. what does gas in a car have to do with food for dieting? if you compared a stalling car to death maybe you would have a point, but comparing it to stalled weightloss doesn't make any sense as an analogy.
  • VixenInTraining
    Options

I hit my goal weight and did not plateau. Using CAPITAL LETTERS DOES NOT PROVE THAT I WILL PLATEAU. If I hit my goal weight and am done losing weight, when exactly am I scheduled to plateau?

I don't need to lose 35 pounds. I only needed to lose 25 pounds, so I guess I'm set now and did fine on 1200 calories.

I can hear my hair growing. Would you like some soup?

what?

huh?
  • crfaulk1
    crfaulk1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cut out the egg yolks .... I know Dr. Oz says they're perfectly fine (from a cholesterol stand point) ... but whole large egg = 70 calories, large egg white only = 17 cal.

LOTS of salad. A WHOLE plateful of lettuce, with carrots - onions - bell peppers - mushrooms - is super low cals. My lunch today, was 265 calories... Another thing I do - is "water down" salad dressings. The "Fat Free" kind are loaded with sugars, that turn directly into fat. So - I get the regular full flavor and either add a little vinegar, or water, or skim-milk (depending on what kind of dressing). I love doing that since it helps you use less dressing, and covers way more lettuce that way. Honestly, the flavor is the same to me as if I hadn't lightened it up.

I lost a ton of weight (30 pounds), hubby has lost nearly 50, and my mom is close to 70 - just by cutting calories down to 900-1000 per day. One thing we've noticed is, it's not JUST about how many calories, but the TYPE of calories, and when during the day you eat them. If your body is getting the nutrition it needs, from fresh veggies, fruits, nuts, and lean meats.... you can still be FULL and lose weight.

I started think of it in terms of:
    ** I can eat this WHOLE plate of salad, with grilled chicken breast - or - I can have one piece of cornbread.
    ** I can eat 1 egg (with yolk) - or - I can have a 3 egg-white omelette with mushrooms, bell peppers, and a sprinkle of cheese.

The other thing I did was - before I ate something I categorized it OUT LOUD:
    "This apple is fruit, going to my nutrients, for healthy skin and hair...."
    "This chicken is protein, going to my muscles, to help me burn even more calories..."
    "This candy bar is fat, going to my fat, keeping me fat."

Hate to "preach" ... just want others to find ways to success!!
  • CynthiaMarie36
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie diet!
  • VixenInTraining
    Options
    Sugar does not turn "directly into fat". The only time sugar may turn into fat is if you eat over your TDEE. There is nothing magical about it.
  • KevinsCatie
    KevinsCatie Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    So far the only time I have ever effectively lost weight was when I went to Marine Corps Boot Camp. I Lost 30lbs even though I was not over weight at the time. And everyone thinks bootcamp is all about physical training were you wake up early every single day and run 6 miles before breakfast. Think again!!! We did PT maybe 3 days a week, but we never "walked" anywhere. We were always running, marching (which actually takes quite a bit of muscle control when you are carrying an M16) or walking really stupid fast. I think its also worth mentioning that women who go through boot camp eat from only one chow hall, which they made specifically low calorie. But surprisingly the food was always really good, I mean the best I had in the 5 years I served. I think it is absolutely possible to eat just as much "food" as you normally would but still cut calories just by making different choices. I actually feel less hungry today than I did yesterday and eat way less calories.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    This thread is exclusionary.

What about the 1200 calorie guys?
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    FTR - being on a medically supervised diet due to some reason or another listen to your doctor by all means but just know that most doctors have very little actual knowledge of nutrition.

My Dr. actually said "you know, I really don't know the ins and out of this but I can send you to a nutritionist who specializes in this kind of thing."

Gastric bypass patients are also different..

as for PCOS - I do not have it so I know nothing about it, I have a friend who does tho and she eats 1600 calories a day, she just watches her carbs and has no problems.

If it works for you good on ya... if you get stuck don't whine or post "why is this not working" or "I am so discouraged I want to quit threads" because everyone here who told you to eat more willl probably come back and said "I told you so"

Everyone's body is different and there are even thin-cysters (healthy weight women with PCOS). We all have different needs and need to be respectful of that. If anyone hits a plateau, which can happen to anyone for any number of reasons, they should feel welcome to come and discuss their issues and might need caloric adjustment or might need something as simple as macro adjustment. We should always be there for them as much as we can. And when we can't, well, still no need to treat them as wrong or as failures (not saying this poster has done that--merely saying it has happened).
  • VixenInTraining
    Options
    Candy bars are not evil. They will not "turn into fat". Once again a candy bar will only produce fat on your body if it takes you over your TDEE. Why do people think food has these magical powers over the body?
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I just had 1600 calories. I guess that doesn't fit the topic.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    untitled_zps77028c9d.jpg
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    no way.

doing just great smashing all the weights and eating 1800

and building a body that half of MFP has dreamed of.

fixed
  • Musicianess20
    Musicianess20 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    HERE!!! WE CAN DO IT!
  • christynek
    christynek Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am...and I REALLY want a burrito right now.
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am :wink:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Holla!
  • tismyhardbody
    tismyhardbody Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1200 cals and im not dying.
    Its not hard to be full when you eat good foods.
  • tismyhardbody
    tismyhardbody Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Not me! I prefer to retain my sanity, hair, and health for the rest of my life. :flowerforyou:

And my muscles! :)

My muscles look pretty good!!
This discussion has been closed.