1200 calorie girls

Options

Replies

• nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Not me! I prefer to retain my sanity, hair, and health for the rest of my life. :flowerforyou:

And my muscles! :)

My muscles look pretty good!!

I'll say! Wow!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no way.

doing just great smashing all the weights and eating 1800

and building a body that half of MFP has dreamed of.

fixed

:flowerforyou: :blushing:
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 calories....by lunchtime!
    Then at least 600-800 more!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 calories....by lunchtime!
    Then at least 600-800 more!

so?
  • marias2gaa
    marias2gaa Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am 1200 although my goal is 1390. I wrk out 7 days a week normally. Minimum 2 hours a day ! Beast mode!
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I'm only 30 days in, but I spent my first 10 on the 1200 calorie plan and was so sad and tired all the time. Plus, if I did plateau, I was worried I'd have nowhere to go calorie-wise.

Fortunately, the IPOARM folks post links often so new people who aren't good at navigating the forums can find them. So I checked it out, did my own research, and decided to do my math and up my calories. My weight loss has been .5-1 lb per week either way, so I'm pretty jazzed about being able to eat 1800 calories a day versus 1200 and feeling happy and energetic. Well, I have a cold right now, but otherwise I'm loving life.

Obviously this is a pretty hotly contested debate, but if you find you're struggling or just unhappy with 1200 you should check out TDEE -20% and the links posted earlier in the thread. Good luck, whatever you decide to do.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Here is the thing....both groups in this argument have a point. I think the Eat More police is being a bit childish however.

I agree with eating more, but that is because I find a body type that is muscular is more sexy then one that is very soft and squishy...it is a personal preference. I know many girls...my girlfriend included who prefer their body to be soft and think any sight of muscles on a girl to be gross and manly.....again while I dont agree and think girls with abs and slight definition is sexy...it is still her and their opinion.

By eating more and losing slower, you retain more lean body mass while working out to still have muscles when you get lean.
    By eating less and losing faster, you lose more lean body mass while working out because your body has to go to muscles and break them down for food you are not putting into you body by way of calories.

Again, the 2nd option there could be perfectly acceptable to anyone who cares very little about muscles....however this 2nd option would be devestating to the Eat More crowd and they preach the 1st option. To each their own.

I think both of you need to calm down and have people make their own decisions.
  • klroll
    klroll Posts: 3 Member
    Options
  • Bensmommylis
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie diet, I also workout 3-5 times a week either in the gym or at home doing the 30 day shred. I usually do my workouts in the evening after I eat dinner and get my kiddo to bed, so by the time I do my workouts I have maxed out my calories and then burn a ton. MFP is telling me that I am not getting adequate nutrition, but the point of working out is to burn some of what you eat, right? I shouldn't be eating back up to 1200 after I work out, right? Helllllp!!!
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    1200 cal girl and find some days its hard to get to that. I eat alot of fruits and veggies.
  • mindysoo
    mindysoo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 1200! Tons of veggies, chicken and salmon... Special K, oatmeal or a smoothie for breakfast, open face or pita pocket sandwich for lunch with turkey or chicken, hummus, veggies... Chicken/salmon/turkey/tilapia and veggie stirfry for dinner. Greek yogurts and protein bars for snacks. Mostly satisfied with it but I have the occasional blackout where I eat something super delicious and fattening (french fries!)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Abandon-Thread-snail_zpsbfb020d2.gif
  • poebug
    poebug Posts: 2
    Options
    I am also ... want to loose like 15lbs and down 7 in 3 weeks now! I follow the eat to live diet and I feel full and eat plenty
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie diet, I also workout 3-5 times a week either in the gym or at home doing the 30 day shred. I usually do my workouts in the evening before I eat dinner so by the time I do my workouts I have maxed out my calories and then burn a ton so MFP is telling me that I am not getting adequate nutrition, but the point of working out is to burn some of what you eat, right? I shouldn't be eating back up to 1200 after I work out, right? Helllllp!!!

No, You SHOULD eat back your calories. If you are not then you are NETTING less than 1200 and your daily totall is probably more around 900.
  • CaitErin1101
    CaitErin1101 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started using MyFitnessPal a few days ago, however have been trying to lose weight for a while. It's so much easier to keep track of everything now! Can't wait to see how this helps me reach my goal.
  • pplf2001
    pplf2001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie diet, I also workout 3-5 times a week either in the gym or at home doing the 30 day shred. I usually do my workouts in the evening after I eat dinner and get my kiddo to bed, so by the time I do my workouts I have maxed out my calories and then burn a ton. MFP is telling me that I am not getting adequate nutrition, but the point of working out is to burn some of what you eat, right? I shouldn't be eating back up to 1200 after I work out, right? Helllllp!!!

You should net 1200 calories per day... so that means eating back your calories (though i know some disagree and some only eat back half).
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    That would be a super small girl. Most of the girls I eat fall in the range of 350,000 to 600,000 calories.
  • sustainablehealth
    Options
    Try this
    breakfast: 3/4 cup kashi go lean, 2 scrambled egg whites. (little to no sugar - yes carbs but not simple sugar)
    Lunch: cobb salad (take out the bacon) with 4 oz grilled hicken 1 tbs of your favorite dressing (carbs from veggies - again not simple sugars)
    Eat snacks (3 x day): blueberries, cashews, sunflower seeds (yes simple sugar in blueberries, but extremely nutrient filled)
    Dinner: ground beef on spaghetti squash, with 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce and 1/2 cup grilled diced veggies (carbs in squash and veggies but not that many simple sugars)

This level of simple sugar is low, but you have to have carbs during the day. They are nearly your brain's only source of energy.
  • ambrec
    ambrec Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1200 over here :) I am not very good at it yet but I will be :)
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    im on 1420 and its hard but Im also pretty tall. Cant imagine trying to go lower than 1420
This discussion has been closed.