Options
    I started yesterday
  • fit_spired_vicky
    Options
    Hey, count me in, kay?
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I wonder if I am possibly burning too many calories while on this. I eat between 2000-2200cals depending on my workout. When I do P90X I burn from 1000-1300cals which I do 3-4 times a week then burn 900 at most doing cardio. Should I just stick to eating 2000 calories and only doing my P90X workouts 3-4 times a week and see how that goes? It's been three weeks. I've actually gained weight. I was eating 1600cals a day before.

Are you sure you are burning 1000-1300 calories per session of P90X?? I did P90X and there's no way I came close to that number. Maybe around 400 max. Do you wear an HRM? But if you are actually eating 2000 and burning 1000, you are not eating enough! You are only netting 1000. You need to eat another 1000 on top of that.
  • sironae
    sironae Posts: 19
    Options
    I just started this week as well... I'm eating 1600 and supposedly I should eat 1800 on days I lift (which I'm not currently doing, but I'm wondering if at-home strength training counts?).

Hard to be patient, however I'm sticking to it to see if it works! Everyone has had such great results, I would imagine it will!
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Read the roadmap a week ago - holy cow I noticed a difference! Official weigh in is Monday so I don't know my "official" number, but mid week and I went from 200.8 to 199.8. Who knew you didn't have to be starving to lose weight and become healthy again?!

Dan that's F**king who!

Thanks for making it simple for the rest of us!!
  • kcallas88
    kcallas88 Posts: 192
    Options
    Started it about three weeks ago. Down 3lbs..although I originally gained 2lbs.

So happy. I was miserable at 1200 calories a day
  • laccy40
    laccy40 Posts: 136
    Options
    On my second 'proper' week after having to guess my stats. Now I have taken measurements, done the maths and upped my cals and lost 2lb! :smile:
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    bump
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Oh there's a new thread, bump!
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I just read the road map 2.0 today. When I went through the calculations I realized MFP had me eating under my BMR (MFP wanted me to eat 1290 and the Katch-McArdle Forumla has my BMR at 1391). Definitely decided to change that! So I guess I'm a road map follower as of today! :bigsmile:
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I just read the road map 2.0 today. When I went through the calculations I realized MFP had me eating under my BMR (MFP wanted me to eat 1290 and the Katch-McArdle Forumla has my BMR at 1391). Definitely decided to change that! So I guess I'm a road map follower as of today! :bigsmile:

You won't be sorry and your body will thank you for it. Well done :flowerforyou:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

Theres almost no difference between the road map and MFPs calculations.
    If you read MFPs stickies on how the tracker works, it wants you to eat back all your exercise calories.
    So if TDEE is 2000 and a 20% cut is appx 1600cals.
    MFP would set you to 1200 or closer to BMR and have you eat back whatever you burn essentially getting you up to an acceptable amount.

The Road Map simply puts you on that amount and allows you to eat and not have to worry about eating back or any of that confusing stuff.
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I've been lurking and re-reading IPOARM for months, but wasn't sure where to even start with the activity levels since mine are mostly sedentary, but I do work out 5x per week. After seeing my MFP friend, DeterminedButLazy have such success, I calculated my stats last week and followed them well this week and was rewarded with a -3 on the scale this morning! I know that's probably not always going to be the case, but it was still super exciting!
  • gabbyshewrote
    Options
    Bump! I've lost 12 lbs since I upped my cals...there are days when I can't believe how much I can eat and still lose lol
  • Christabiss
    Options
    BUMP!
  • lilrhody
    lilrhody Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    New mapper here - after 2+ years failing when trying to live on 1200 calories or trying to eat my exercise calories back (and usually overestimating those calories) - I'm giving this a try. Am only in my first week of increased daily calories, but have to say that I am a much happier and energetic person than I was on those old 1200 calorie days.
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blouitr
    blouitr Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jannat89
    Options
    bump!