Waitress fired for posting this online

Options
pawnstarNate
pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
god%2B10%2525.jpg

Firing warranted or not? (hand motion) discuss among yourselves......

Replies

• tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Did NOT warrant firing...and I'm pretty disgusted by that story in general! UGH.

People are schmucks!
  • pawnstarNate
    Options
    what gets me is that the 18% is for a party of 8 or more. Even if it was only 8 people....$34.93 was too much for them? sheesh
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    I guess she got fired for violating a privacy issue? It is just a guess. Regardless, it was a nice gesture from the pastor. One time, the church I went to in Oklahoma gave everyone in the service an envelope. Each envelope had a different amount in it. We were supposed to do good works with the money in the envelope. I had a 20 dollar bill, and I left it as a tip for the waitress. She was very happy. It's nice to do good things for others.

EDIT: I just re-read the receipt. He didn't tip anything! Wow. That's messed up.
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    I remember going to an IHOP, and there was a table full of loud, obnoxious teenagers 'dressed up'. I guess they were there after some kind of school dance. Anyway, not ONE left a tip, but all of them gave the waitress a hard time. After they left, she cried as she cleaned up after them. It was pretty awful. I've never been a waitress, but that must have been very hard. I always try my best to tip appropriately, and if I'm not sure I tip a little more...especially for excellent service.
  • pawnstarNate
    Options
    true...maybe she should have blacked out the signature before posting.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    This is what applebees said about it on FaceBook

Applebee's Mike, I understand that you're upset. Guest personal information - including their meal check - is private, and neither Applebee's nor it's franchisees have the right to share this information publicly. Unfortunately in this situation the Guest's right to privacy was violated. Really do hope you reconsider. We don't like that this happened anymore than you do.- ARA
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    For the blatant privacy issue - yes. Text that to your friends but don't blast someone's name online.

The total was 30 before tip. Tip was only 6 something. He left her ZERO. I'm betting he was a real pleasure to serve too. *eyeroll*
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Having been a waitress myself, my answer to that EXTREMELY rude pastor's comment would be:

a) You could give God more than 10% if you wanted...it has nothing to do with me how much you choose to give or not give.
    b) Tips are part of my wages. I make $2.40 an hour. Not tipping is causing me to make less than minimum wage.

I'm disgusted.

And no, I do NOT think the waitress should have been fired for posting it online. Although she probably should have blurred out the signature or something.
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    If facebook would have been around when I was waiting tables, I would have done the same thing.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Pastor was a woman, $34.00 bill was her portion of the meal. Try reading an article before commenting. While the pastor is a complete a hole, it was appropriate to fire the waitress. Very poor judgement on her part.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    People like this make me want to choke the piss out of them...the pastor, not the waitress. Am I the only person who doesn't base their tip off of some arbitrary percentage anyway? I don't give God ****, but I have no problem with leaving a $60 tip on a $60 bill, assuming the service was worth it, and well timed. I am a hard person to read, and my wants can be very strange in a restaurant, so when a waiter/tress gets it 100% right, they deserve a 100% tip.

Regardless, for her to base her tip off of something so frivolous as her religion makes me want to drag her out back and smash her kneecaps.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I don't think she should have been fired. Hell, I can't even read the name. I hope that pastor gets b*tch slapped by God. I also don't understand why the pastor would be so selfish to leave NO tip.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Posting private information and making a spectacle? I would have fired her too. The last thing I want is for people to consider not coming to one of my restaurants because they feel they can't trust the staff.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Fired. Then hired back...and fired again, but with more screaming and door slamming.

If she blocked out his name, it's just funny. But when she puts a patron's biz in the street, gotta go gotta go.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Hmm this is why the 18% should have been charged to the card already! That's the way it's done (when adding gratuity) in any restaurant that I have worked in.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Why exactly does the pastor deserve to maintain privacy? Its a private establishment, not the US government. If you're an idiot, let's trumpet that to the world. Maybe a bit of ridicule will make people think twice about being a moron.
  • bigjretrac
    bigjretrac Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It was in poor taste on both ends. As a Christian, the pastor's actions disgust and repulse me (wish I could come up with a stronger word). BUT it was probably in poor taste to post it online to a PUBLIC site-- it's not even like it was the waitress' private Facebook page, it was a public site...NOT the best idea.

But, wow...not tipping? Who cares what you drop in the offering basket?
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I'm with the waitress on this one. I've heard from friends who have waited tables that people who tip poorly are also the worst customers as well.

I hope the self righteous ***** can't get served anywhere in that town again.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Why exactly does the pastor deserve to maintain privacy? Its a private establishment, not the US government. If you're an idiot, let's trumpet that to the world. Maybe a bit of ridicule will make people think twice about being a moron.

I like this train of thought.