Married men answer this.........

Options

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    My wife and I agree on 90% of things...it's almost kind of disturbing, when you really think about it.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I think most people have a huge misconception of what marriage is and the expectation of what we "get" out of it. Marriage is work. Marriage is difficult. Marriage takes time. A lifetime to do it right. Focus more on what you can give your spouse rather than what you can get from him/her and you will find your marriage much more enjoyable. Make it your goal to make them happy and they will make sure you are happy. Now of course there are some self destructive, extremely self centered individuals out there which are the exception, no doubt...

Someone has been reading the Love Languages....
  • combatchuck
    Options
    I have found that if I am willing to compromise on smaller things, my opinion has more weight when I decide to stand my ground on something. My wife and I rarely fight, but we do have discussions. That's not a euphemism either, we discuss the pros and cons of things and we don't get upset, and we decide on a course of action. A good chunk of the time I just don't really care though.
  • sigsby
    sigsby Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Making a woman happy isn't about conforming and compromise. It's about listening to what want and understanding what they need. I try and buy my wife a gift or do something special every month or so. A nice full body massage goes a long way. Never buy gifts when you did something stupid. Suck it up, apologize and take it like a man. Help out with the laundry, cooking, dishes and other chores. If you follow that recipe you are on your way to a happy mariage.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    We are married.... :p
    Oh, it changes. It's subtle and you won't see it coming.:laugh: If not, then I bow down!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rob32768
    rob32768 Posts: 505
    Options
    In our case we have an understanding that the person who feels the most strongy about the item prevails. This is worked for us for the last 17 years
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    There is lots of discussion going on in our house and a heck of a lot of compromise. If one of us has very strong feelings though, that one will say so, and the other will usually give in.
  • _Stampede55_
    _Stampede55_ Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I run ****...then I pass out drunk...most mornings I wake up naked with food stuck in my teeth...my wife loves me
  • G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Its called a give and take relationship, I give and she takes. LOL. Really it’s about a 70/ 30 split and yes it’s in her favor.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    A happy wife is a happy life...right?

I like this guy ^ Yea, this guy is good. :laugh: :flowerforyou:

This is the smartest man ever. He must be very happy. Would you teach my ding bat of a fiance the right way to be a man?

Also, there is no compromise on the toilet seat. DOWN! Just like a good boy, ha!

Or completely unhappy because he is always putting everyone before himself. EVERYONE needs their needs met as well as being able to meet their partners needs. There has to be compromise and sacrifice. But if you love each other it never feels like it because it is give and take. You never feel like a doormat or that you are taking advantage of someone.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    My wife and I agree on 90% of things...it's almost kind of disturbing, when you really think about it.

Yup. Us too.
  • therealsuperbigrob
    Options
    we have been married going on 13 years. She wears the pants. Period. I used to think I did. Then the part of my brain that functions kicked in and made me realize she was in charge. I'm whipped. Damn I'm one of those guys. Thanks OP.
  • _Stampede55_
    Options
    we have been married going on 13 years. She wears the pants. Period. I used to think I did. Then the part of my brain that functions kicked in and made me realize she was in charge. I'm whipped. Damn I'm one of those guys. Thanks OP.
    That's terrible...buy a gun and take your balls back.
  • therealsuperbigrob
    Options
    na. I'm not that evolved. I tend to f stuff up. I let her be in charge. She lets me go play in the woods, on the water and drive my cars fast. after that I dont need anything else.
  • therealsuperbigrob
    Options
    I dont need to take my balls back. I still have them banging against my knee.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    na. I'm not that evolved. I tend to f stuff up. I let her be in charge. She lets me go play in the woods, on the water and drive my cars fast. after that I dont need anything else.
    Just like you I don't need much to be happy. As long as I can workout, watch football and catch a horror/action (she won't watch them with me) flick every once in awhile, I'm cool.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • _Stampede55_
    Options
    I guess I'm lucky. My wife is freaking awesome.
  • therealsuperbigrob
    Options
    Thats It. Simple Man. Cave Man. I need food ,water, BEER, SHINE, huntin and fishing. Life dont get much better than that for me.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I guess I'm lucky. My wife is freaking awesome.
    Mine just told me to make sure I take out the trash since it's trash day tomorrow. BRB.:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member