Married men answer this.........

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Thats It. Simple Man. Cave Man. I need food ,water, BEER, SHINE, huntin and fishing. Life dont get much better than that for me.
    Funny that it really is that simple. Oh wait, I forgot about the sammich..................

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jha1223
    jha1223 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I count myself VERY, VERY lucky that my wife and I compromise. I mean seriously, I am really, really freaking lucky.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Let me go check and see what my wife says I should say about this.

MMM waffles... great now I am thinking about waffles again.... what was this thread about?
  • packratpatty
    packratpatty Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    OK I'll give you my opinion. I've been married 32 years. I have six brothers. I have a houseful of men. I have worked with nothing but men for the past 30 years. I think I have a pretty good idea of men. The advice I can give you men is, keep your wives happy. Don't compromise on things you sincerely care a lot about, whatever that would be. All the men I've ever dealt with, none of them really want to be in charge. They want their ladies to make the decisions and rule the roost. They are happy to just relax and go with it. It's true, a happy wife is a happy life.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    OK I'll give you my opinion. I've been married 32 years. I have six brothers. I have a houseful of men. I have worked with nothing but men for the past 30 years. I think I have a pretty good idea of men. The advice I can give you men is, keep your wives happy. Don't compromise on things you sincerely care a lot about, whatever that would be. All the men I've ever dealt with, none of them really want to be in charge. They want their ladies to make the decisions and rule the roost. They are happy to just relax and go with it. It's true, a happy wife is a happy life.
    Winner! It's an easier life being a follower at home. I'm a leader at the workplace.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jnoahrod
    jnoahrod Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The Love Languages?? Is that a book series?
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    The Love Languages?? Is that a book series?

Yes, it is, but you seem to understand the premise of the series so good for you! :) It is a great book!
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    We compromise and do it her way.

Maybe once or twice a year I feel strongly about something, make my case, and we end up doing it my way.
  • wrotruck
    wrotruck Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    After 13 years I'm in charge of the following things:

- Enforce her policies with the kids
    - Fix the broken things
    - Lift the heavy things
    - Mow the lawn/shovel the driveway
    - Earn money

She's in charge of everything else. Yes, I am a blunt instrument bond to her will. But, if I’m good I get to have Waffles!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    After 13 years I'm in charge of the following things:

- Enforce her policies with the kids
    - Fix the broken things
    - Lift the heavy things
    - Mow the lawn/shovel the driveway
    - Earn money

She's in charge of everything else. Yes, I am a blunt instrument bond to her will. But, if I’m good I get to have Waffles!!!!
    With the exception of the last one (she's the major bread winner in the house), this is me.

IDEA Fitness member
  • stormtruck2
    stormtruck2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    When I married my wife my father told me a few simple things.
    1) 50/50 marriage is bull****, doesn't exist
    2) You have to be willing to give her what she wants 100% of the time
    3)She has to be willing to give you what you want 100% of the time
    4)You will give more while your married than she will
    5)She will give more while your married than she is
    6) You have two people in the marriage, you will have two perceptions in the marriage of who is giving the most, and taking the most
    7) It's not a ball game,don't keep score.
    8) If you want her to treat you like a king, then treat her like a queen
    9) Children are the best contraception. They interrupt nekkied moments
    10) Don't be so business raising the children that you don't build the marriage. Someday the kids will be gone, and it will be just you two. You want a friend and wife there then, or a stranger??
  • smokeyg01
    smokeyg01 Posts: 1,064
    Options
    I used to conform 90%+...then one day I changed that... now I have an ex-wife HAHAHA :laugh:
    thats great lol.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hahaha! So one of my clients (who is a total MILF BTW) was complaining to me this morning that her husband didn't follow her instructions on helping the kids get their homework and house work done. The one day she has off....................can't she just have one day off!!!:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

Um, really? I know quite a few men who certainly don't match this description, myself included. I also hear women complain about this type of man pretty regularly. It takes all kinds I suppose.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

Um, really? I know quite a few men who certainly don't match this description, myself included. I also hear women complain about this type of man pretty regularly. It takes all kinds I suppose.

Let's face it, there are all kinds of men and women there are very few absolutes that address all personalities. Some women don't respect a man that won't take charge and make decisions and some women want to be in charge. Some men want to be in control and are, some men want to be in control and think they're in control but really aren't, and then some men let the woman control things.

The only really absolutes are (not limited to what I can some up with):
    1. Always love and respect each other
    2. Compromise where you can but keep your wife happy without giving in to the point where you're miserable.
    3. Work together as a team with the kids, even when you don't agree figure out what the right thing to do is and support the other's decision regardless if you agree or not, never fight in front of the kids, and never let them know you two don't agree with each other.
    4. Keep some kind of spark, especially when kids come along. You don't want to lose that spark because then you're just parents and not a couple. As somebody mentioned above, one day the kids will be gone and then what do you do? An unhappy couple will make it tough to be good parents and no kid wants divorced parents, so maintain a good relationship with each other, enjoy each other, have fun as often as you can.
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    No ones happy if mommas not happy.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread I'm wondering if I'm the only person that doesn't nag/argue my man into oblivion :indifferent: Everyone has different dynamics in their relationship I guess but in my house, H gets the last say and I'm cool with that because he's the head of the household
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    My two cents.
    I've been with my b/f for 3.5 years, lived together for 1.5 of those years.
    My b/f is very strong willed and bullheaded..
    I always give up and just say he is right... unless it has to do with my feelings that he has hurt or something like that.
    So it goes both ways... its not just guys.
  • FTClown
    FTClown Posts: 181
    Options
    None -
    If she is doing something I do not like, I tell her and she takes it under consideration
    If she wants me to do or be a part of something I do not want to be, she ask, I say No, and that is the end of it.
    Same goes for her to me though, we equal in that field.
    But then again, besides my nerdy side of things, my girl and I seem to just enjoy the same things all the way through, no need to compromise when you both like the same stuff.
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread I'm wondering if I'm the only person that doesn't nag/argue my man into oblivion :indifferent: Everyone has different dynamics in their relationship I guess but in my house, H gets the last say and I'm cool with that because he's the head of the household

This!!