Poop

Options

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Ummm... you have a daily calorie goal of 830 calories?!?!?!??!?!?

Try eating something, you probably dont have enough in your system to actually have a bowel movement.

good call.
  • cenahome
    Options
    The tea recommendation works well - Smooth Move. You can find it in the Health Food section at most grocery stores. I have used it, but a cup of Starbucks coffee works wonders for me... don't know why, but it does. Also, a good run helps as well.
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Warm prune juice laced with a little milk of mag. Also, if you are having trouble with that kind of problem, you may want to talk to your doctor. If you have some sort of bowel obstruction (symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, stomach pain or cramps, and bloating) using things to make you go could be dangerous.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Why is your daily goal set to 650 calories??? :noway:

I looked at your diary for the last week or so - very few veggies and fruit is nonexistent, no healthy fats (avocados, olive or coconut oils, nuts) at all. You should be eating quite a bit more and a better variety of foods, which will make your body happier all the way around, not just in the poop department.

ah yes.

this.

this is probably why.

you can't poop because you don't have anything *to* poop.
  • smw1023
    smw1023 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Why is your daily goal set to 650 calories??? :noway:

I looked at your diary for the last week or so - very few veggies and fruit is nonexistent, no healthy fats (avocados, olive or coconut oils, nuts) at all. You should be eating quite a bit more and a better variety of foods, which will make your body happier all the way around, not just in the poop department.

^^EXACTLY!^^ I just don't understand
  • DivineDee
    Options
    Lots of green vegetables and water helps me. I also use colon cleansers from the health food store sometimes.
  • lhatt83
    lhatt83 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Milk of Magnesia helped me when I was really backed up and starting to get worried. I wouldn't recommend that as a regular remedy, but it certainly worked as a 1 time fix. (Note, I was really having a hard time going despite eating a ton of fiber, plenty of good fat, and coffee every day)

Now I take digestive enzymes daily and am so regular that I go every day at the same exact time. Its wonderful!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Chinese food... wait half an hr... voila!
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    warm water with lemon. fruit, vegetables, whole grains.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Drink a jug of prune juice along with some spicy hot wings. That should clear things out quickly...

Quickly? That would turn her behind into a fire breathing dragon!

I don't think the word is 'breathing"
  • LaVerne1234
    Options
    LOL I deal with this every week..and it is so funny because it effects your numbers. My daughter is one of my friends on my site and I'm always telling her and she thinks it's gross and I'm crazy, she does not want to know about my BM history. Now I can tell her I told someone I have never met about it. Anyway what I do is take a Colace (you can get them at Costco or Walmart) daily it is just a stool softener, and I do increase my salads at night. Throw in a pear in your daily meals or snacks, it is the best fruit for constipation.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have a simlar question. It has been over 2 weeks now... I drink lots of water all the time, coffee, I aim for around 25-30g of fiber, from salads, fruits, whatever else and a fiber supplement (metamucil). That isn't a recent switch in diet either. I'm giving up on the natural route and going for a laxative tonight. Any reccomendations for brands? I'm thinking by now I probably need something a little more hardcore than the tea already reccomended :tongue:
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Drink a jug of prune juice along with some spicy hot wings. That should clear things out quickly...

Quickly? That would turn her behind into a fire breathing dragon!

I don't think the word is 'breathing"

All of the other words I would normally have chosen would be deemed strike-worthy...I wouldn't want to upset anyone's delicate sensibilities. :grumble:
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Seriously if it is getting to be well over 4 days without going you may be getting impacted and that is a medical problem. What we used to give in the hospital to start off first was dulcolax suppositories to see if that starts anything moving. It should work if it is going to within 30 minutes. Those are safe and just put some plastic wrap over your finger. Also I saw on Dr. Oz he was talking about a Fleet enema which you can buy in a green box at the drug store. It is probably 8 ounces or less. Also at the drug store in a green "soda bottle" is "Citrate of Magnesia". I took that once after not going for 4 days and it tasted like salty 7up. It made me feel incredibly bloated, but I went the next day a nice big normal one. Now my emergency and natural fix is psyllium husk fiber. I get it at the bins in whole food. I take 2 - 4 TBSP in the morning and in the evening when I used to be desperate. When you mix it with liquid it gets kind of slimy and gloppy so I decided to mix it with applesauce instead or juice and make it thick to resemble applesauce type concoction. Eat it quickly and then drink a big glass of water to make sure you've washed it through down to your stomach. Also I've mixed it with cocoa powder, sweetener and milk to make pretend pudding. Much better to take it in a mushy form than in a slimy liquid form. But it WORKS. It didn't cause cramping like laxative pills or smooth move tea did. My husband prefers the Two Mangoes cure: eat two mangoes. In the future make sure you get 25 - 35 grams of fiber into your diet. You can do that by adding raw and cooked veggies, and making sure your breads and cereals start the ingredients list with a whole grain not enriched flour. I used to be you from eating 4 - 9 grams of fiber in my diet when I ate horribly. Making sure all of my food had fiber now gives me 50 - 80 gms of fiber for the whole day and you'd be so jealous to see what it does for me! = D
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    you'd be so jealous to see what it does for me! = D

Pics or it didn't happen
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    If its an emergency get some Senna Tablets. I take these if it is really bad. 6 hours later you will be good.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Anal sex?
  • LisaMia66
    Options
    A lot of these suggestions are pretty funny! :laugh:

Hot coffee. Hot tea with lots of lemon juice. A natural cleanse supplement. If all else fails, a suppository laxative.
  • LJS0411
    LJS0411 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have being doing a psyllium fiber drink every evening for a couple of years. We prefer Costco's kirkland brand which is like Metamucil over the miralax or "smart fiber" drinks. Not only does it give you extra fiber a day, it keeps things going through, is not "addictive" and claims to reduce cholesterol. I like to take it in the evening - before supper - it also helps me feel full and I don't eat as much at the evening meal.

We have used the teas for cleanses, too, but the psyllium give the best results for us. :bigsmile:
  • ejay90
    ejay90 Posts: 42
    Options
    Anal sex?

The funny thing is..... is that i said to myself some anal would help..... unfortunately im currently 300 miles away from my boyfriend :/