Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well, I called the doctor again. He is insisting the thyroid levels are fine, and that I need to be on diet pills. I don't want pills. I got sick last time. I don't want to take pills, and see MORE of the doctor to make sure that the pills aren't killing me! He is also putting me on iron pills. He says my iron is low. Great. Don't people LOSE weight when their iron is low? Now he's giving me more iron... Maybe I'll just have to look up "endocrinologist" in the yellow pages and take matters in my own hands.

Helen, that sounds like just what you should do. Be proactive for yourself.

Rebecca aka Shygur
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I hope everybody is off to a great start to their weekend. My day has been lazy in the extreme. I am being kicked out of my house tonight but the rental for that is a complete cleaning top to bottom so I dont have to. My daughter wants to have some friends over, I think the final number was 7 and I agreed to anything under 10. Needless to say mom is not a real wanted addition to the festivities so they have pooled their money and mom gets a hotel room for the night. While I am a little nervous on the whole I am ok. My daughter has always been very responsible and I told her what the house rules are and she knows if anyrhing happens she wont ever get this oppurtunuty again. She is 20 by the way so its not like I am leaving a child in charge but her friends run from 17-25 so she understands she is responsible for their behavior. My fitness goals were not met at all this week. Between the headache and a mini bout with depression that took a day or so to shake off my hert just wasnt in it. I am planning on taking advantage of the workout room at the hotel so I will get some kind of workout tonight. No real plans for the weekend. My parents have invited me for breakfast on Sunday and I waas teasing my mom that I was going to stay to make my dads superbowl nachos. The women is a fine cook but somehow and it is beyond me she manages to mess up nachos in some way every year:laugh:

Helen I agree that you should find a different Dr. Someone who just wants to give you pills instead of exploring options with you does not have you best interest at heart. I have very strong opinions about Dr's who seem to just see patients as numbers to be processed rather then people.

As for my february challenge I am going to get up and move more every day in some way. Either actual workouts, walking the dog, wii, or just pacing the house but something I consider above and beyond my normal daily activities.
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    hello all.. just been trying to catch up with everyone. Not sure where to start with personal replies - but welcome to the new folks - & I hope those with challenges see relief :)

Been down with a respiratory bug... just now feeling a bit human again. Apetite isn't good... I've had two straight days of forgetting to eat until I start feeling ill from it... went a bit over today just trying to stay not sick. Anyone else have that problem before?

Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Sinus infection 2 has sidelined me again and is leaving me tired and very sleepy with no energy. Needless to say, exercise is not on my list of things to do this weekend and NO ROCK climbing tonight.:mad: I did consider going but decided against it and I am glad that I did- would not have made it up the walls tonight and belaying would not have been good either. I am really tired of dragging and being sick.:explode: I am back on antibiotics so hopefully this time they will kick this infection out.

Today, we had snow falling during the morning rush hour but it started a little to late (30 minutes) to delay schools for 2 hrs. Driving this morning was nasty and the snow was coming fast and furious. It laid very quickly and the roads were wet and slick. Not my favorite driving conditions. I was really hoping they would have delayed this morning.

Feb. challenge- this is tough for me right now since I don't have the energy to do much. Protein may be my best bet until I am back on my feet. I need to get well so I can start the challenge with my trainer. Right now i would not be able to jog more than quarter of a lap without getting out of breath.

Fitness Goals for 1/26 to 1/31
    Saturday- REST or GYM DONE
    Sunday- Rock Climbing DONE
    Monday- Gym TRAINER double work out DONE
    Tuesday- REST Meeting after work DONE
    WEdnesday- Bowling then dinner with co-workers DONE
    Thursday- REST (Meeting all day and after work) DONE
    Friday- Rock climbing should be ready to climb hard NOT DONE REST

exercise plan for 2/2 to 2/8
    Saturday- REST
    Sunday- light exercise
    Monday- upper body workout
    Tuesday- rest
    Wednesday- Trainer workout
    Thursday-rest
    Friday- Rock climbing

I will see how much of this works my goal is to rest this weekend so I can get over this infection.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Feb. 1 - Leslie Sansone - DONE!

Walk from Hobbiton to Rivendell : 11.5 miles:Stop in a birch grove. Eat a frugal supper....sigh. Went to Applebee's tonight and had a small Caesar Salad with dressing on the side. Deelicious!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone!

I managed to squeak in my 80 grams of protein today and stayed under calorie goal. This was despite going out for drinks and appetizers after school. It was too dark and way too cold to walk gunner when I got home, but I did do my core work tonight.

Tomorrow is gym for long run. I need to make up for my 500 extra calories on Thursday. :blushing: I also plan to get some grading done.

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--run outside (60+ degrees!!) RAINING so I went to the gym (bicycle + treadmill) DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + core CLEANED INSTEAD
    Thurs--walk gunner NOT DONE (way too cold)
    Fri--rest day DID CORE WORK
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (long run)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

Grading Goals:
    1. 30/56 America poems/journals
    2. 3/3 annotate student sample papers DONE
    3. x/56 JRP plans
    4. x/16 Preposition quizzes

February Challenge: 1/28 days of minimum 80 grams of protein
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    For my challenge for Feburary
    Is going to get a workout in every day sometimes thats hard for me but i always feel so much better after working out ! Everyone is doing a great job ! I am also going to drink more water !
  • jumpy983
    Options
    @rachael - I couldn't afford 160 a week...you might as well buy the insanity and save your $. You're getting results on MFP w/o the work out. But on the other hand, if I COULD afford it...I would. updated: I'm sorry he gave you such attitude! guess he wasn't in it for the right reasons. UGH! updated: sorry to hear about your kid's dad. That sucks. Glad he got caught!

@robin ... you crack me up!! is that what I have to look forward to? more hair on my lips than on my head?!

@katrena - I don't understand the psychology behind it but I sure do agree with you!

@helena- i hope you get to the bottom of your issue. it took me a week and a half to get through mine. and 9 out of the 10 voices in my head say we're ok now :wink: :laugh: update: i love that you are "talking nice" to yourself in the mirror. I might try that!:blushing:

@toots - i'm sorry to hear about your husband i hope they figure it out. i had a dear friend who was so stressed out he lost about 75lbs in a matter of months and didn't make it to see 30. :cry: Please have his heart checked! just to be on the safe side. I'll be praying.

@grammy I'm in for a chocolate free month...does it include all sweets or just chocolate...and how about white cholcolate? Really I'm just being picky. I don't like any other candy all that much other than chocolate so it's gonna be rough but let me know the details lol.

@laurie i hope you feel better soon!

@skinny i love that you got an ab workout while scrubbing the bathroom floor!

@melencholy I'm sorry to hear about your MIL's death. I will be thinking of you

@dobarber you'll get there. one day at a time. you don't need to lose it all, you just need to lose one lb. And then repeat. That's what I keep reminding myself. Like they say, "how do you eat an elephant? one bite at a time."

@grandmakaye i will join you on the 8 glasses each day :drinker: i don't drink enough either! Update: sorry to hear about the pup. Are you in florida? I have a dog rescue here and we do rehabilitation with biters...otherwise I could see if we had any networking capabilities for you. Hope all turns out ok. Updated: I was reading the comments on vinegar and other sprays and you might actually be doing more harm than good. Please be careful. A dog that doesn't trust you may bite more. Just wanted to throw a link out there that maybe the kids were unintentionally provoking the dog (I know that sounds horrible, but just playing the devils avocate, sometimes they do things that are threatening that don't seem like they should be threatening... like standing over the dog by bending at the hips instead of squatting down by the dog at the knees) here is a link on one of my fav doggie manners posters. I talk at schools and camps to teach kids "doggie manners" to help avoid bites. I hope it might help a bit. http://www.shibamac.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/hrJEn.jpg

@mnwalking I have been there. right where you are...with life, with the mirrors and with DH. Here's my confession: For the last 3 years we were only staying together because if you're married well... "It's cheaper to keep her!" Especially with 2 kids. We weren't communicating. AT ALL. We would ignore each other and ignore each other's bad habits or yell at each other. So finally I got tired of it and for a year and half I changed my attitude hoping he would change his. When he yelled at me, i responded calmly. I didn't yell back. I was much more even toned about the things that "set me off" and found I wasn't as easily irritated. When I would talk to him, I would try to let him know I was talking to him not 'barking orders" and I had to tell him when I was venting vs when I was upset at him. He couldn't tell the difference (not that he wanted to) so here we are almost 2 years later and we have a MUCH better relationship. It's actually about where it was when we were dating. He makes me laugh again. And I make him laugh. And we can both *constructively* criticize each other and make jokes doing it rather than blow up at how the other person does 'nothing ever'.
    There's still work to be done, but it's getting there. It's much better than it was though! If you love him, don't give up! If you think you deserve better, let it go. But remember it takes two to make a relationship and it is hard work!!
    As far as teenagers, I have no advice. I have a 3 & 4 year old...but I'll let you borrow my spanking spoon if you need it :wink: Hope things get better love. In a few years I'll be asking you for some teenager advice! update: just read Robin's answer with a litte more background and my oOOo GIRL came out. Don't pay that man's bills!!! :huh: And he says that it's stupid that you feel like that? I'd give him stupid right across his ...oOOOo. :explode:

@laurie that IS interesting. So i'll get my 3rd skeleton in a few months eh? :):happy:

@ashley welcome! :drinker:

For my little NSV...the wedding ring is getting looser. Not sure if it's the cold weather or the 9 lbs lost...will keep you updated whenever I can take this sucker off for a good cleaning! Sorry for the long post, I was catching up on 9ish pages and I just felt like rambling. Hope I didn't insult anyone by my ramblings. If I did, sorry, blame it on the fact that I'm working till midnight tonight and when I get home my kids and hubby will be at grandmas so it will just be me with my 3 cats and 3 pitties. *sigh* :love: I love them. But I miss my kiddos and hubby too!:love::flowerforyou:
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    @susan--I also had a hard time understanding the need to eat MORE calories to lose weight. Sounds crazy, but this analogy helped me. Think of your metabolism as a fire and the fuel is the calories you feed it. If you don't throw any new logs on a fire, it will burn really low, but when you do throw a log on the fire, it blazes up and burns hotter. That's kind of how I view my metabolism; I need to put the right amount of fuel in my body to speed it up enough to lose weight. Don't know if this helps...

Thanks!! The easier the analogy the better for me to understand so this was good. I know that's why the dietician wanted to start me pretty high. She was afraid I was going to lose too quick and have no where to go. If I look at the last 6 weeks, I am averaging a 1.8 lb loss, which is right on target. I just can't focus on the daily/weekly scale, but really watch what I do in a month. It's so hard though. Patience is the key and that's my hardest virtue. LOL!!!
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Well, sad to say but my week off is over and I'm back to work tonight. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed being home and not having to worry about work. I never left the house from Friday morning when I got home till Thursday afternoon when I went to my chiropractors and did my grocery shopping. The weather was terrible, really windy and cold, some snow, freezing rain, rain, you name it we had it. I just stayed in and got so many jobs done around the house. What a wonderful feeling of accomplishment. I may not have gotten done as much as I would have liked, but I'm really happy with what I did get done. On top of that I finished a good book, watched a few movies, got a lot of rest and lost a few pounds all in the same week. I would love to have more weeks like this.
    I think for February I'm just going to try to increase my activity weekly, maybe increase by a minute a day till I reach 1/2 an hour a day of exercise. I'm happy with everything else I'm doing, my water intake is good, my diet plan is under control so the exercise partof the program is the only thing that needs tweaking. I'm not going to limit myself to a particular type of exercise, as long as its something every day.
    Hope everyone has a great w/e. Drink your water everyone. First rounds on me. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • susan2396
    Options
    On a seperate note, I'm so fed up with kids dad. He hasnt seen the kids since March 16th, 2012. He decided to stop paying child support in May 2012...and I had to keep calling the child support probation officer to make something happen. There were no repercussions for him until Christmas Eve. He finally got caught on non payment. He went to court in the beginning of Jan. and still no other payment. He now owes me over 2k. This is ridiculous..my kids are the ones that are suffering. Just had to vent.

Rachael

Totally understand. My son saw his father for the first time in December. It had been 3 years. I think in the past 5 years he's seen him 4 times including this last visit. We use to only live about 15 minutes from him, but he never cared. I took him to court 3 years ago and was awarded sole custory. He never showed up. As for child support, I lost count after $30,000. We've been divorced for 9 years. While I know that's money for my son and I should go after him, I just don't want the drama. I know I'm very fortunate I've never had to rely on that money, but I have a lot of friends (guys and girls) who need that money to raise their children. I have a guy friend at church with 2-year old twins. Mom just didn't want the responsibility. No joke. While it's mainly women and children who suffer, they're are quite a few single dads out there too. Any single parent deserves it that's for sure.
  • susan2396
    Options
    I'm a little behind so I'm going to play catch up.

Thursday Truth: Why do we feel so glued to the scale? I weighed in with WW on Thursday and was up 1.6#'s. I weighed in this morning with the dietician and I'm down 3#'s. This was my first visit with the dietician since early December so it just coincided with the WW meeting, but I have to quit being obssessed with the scale. I do need to praise the fact I'm now wearing a 22/24. I haven't worn under a 26 in well over 15 years. It's been a LONG time. I've lost 12 inches all over in 4 months. Why can't I celebrate this huge victory versus being so obsessed with a stupid number? This is such a crazy, mental battle. I'm going to need support for a very long time I can feel it.

Friday Fitness: Pretty good week overall. 3 days at the gym+1 day with the trainer. Started weight training 2x upper/1x lower. I started the week with a great 90 minute walk last Sunday. Weather in Vegas is starting to heat up. I see outside fitness all weekend. Woo Hoo!!

February Challenge: I'm doing the water thing too. I do great at work, but need to do the same on the weekends. 2/1 - done, but tomorrow is Saturday so I'll have to challenge myself to drink aqua.

Personal Note: Since no one works with me or doesn't know any of my circle of friends, I went on a job interview yesterday. I was super excited about the opportunity and chance to grow with a great company. A recruiter reached out to me as I was recommended by two people in the industry (always nice to hear). I met with the President of the company and he said I was great and wants me to meet the owners and the executive team. This is happening on Monday afternoon. I've been with this current job only 9 months, but I'm just not feeling it and have no positive encouragement whatsoever. I feel it's better to cut my losses early, but we'll see. Compensation and overall package will be the elephant in the room that's for sure. Being a single parent I have to make sure what's best for me and my son. I truly believe if it's meant to be everything will fall into place.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    GHD challenge: 1/1 Good night. Kaye
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All.

I didn't end up going to the hockey game last night. I ended up having to work a little later than I intended and Zoe had a minor complication from her surgery on Tuesday. I had to take her to the vet and then needed to monitor her the rest of the evening. She's very spunky this morning. :laugh: In a way I'm glad I didn't go, I think the game went into overtime and I was super exhausted last night.

Saturday's Success~I actually need to do some measurements and see if there are any changes there.

Not a whole lot planned for today. Heading to the gym in about an hour - attending a weight loss workshop and then plan to run afterwards.
    Personal Note: Since no one works with me or doesn't know any of my circle of friends, I went on a job interview yesterday. I was super excited about the opportunity and chance to grow with a great company. A recruiter reached out to me as I was recommended by two people in the industry (always nice to hear). I met with the President of the company and he said I was great and wants me to meet the owners and the executive team. This is happening on Monday afternoon. I've been with this current job only 9 months, but I'm just not feeling it and have no positive encouragement whatsoever. I feel it's better to cut my losses early, but we'll see. Compensation and overall package will be the elephant in the room that's for sure. Being a single parent I have to make sure what's best for me and my son. I truly believe if it's meant to be everything will fall into place.

Good luck with the meeting on Monday. You've had a lot of stress with your current job lately, it sounds like all the ducks are in a row for the job you are interviewing for. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Walking from Hobbiton to Rivendell -- 57 miles and we're just coming up to Farmer Maggot's fields. Which seems a bit odd -- I'd have thought they'd have been a lot closer to Hobbiton than that.

@Toots -- I know it's hard to get out of work situations like that but he needs to be saying to his boss 'here's what I'm supposed to do in a week, and here's what I can actually do. I can't work any faster or do any more, so which of these things do you want me to drop?' Good luck.

first of all, that's my son's kind of work out program right there :laugh: tour of middle earth. he read the hobbit in the third grade and has been straight up obsessed ever since. he moved on to all of the LotR books and the obscure things like the Silmarillion.

I wish he would do that. but instead he'll just feel bad about himself because he isn't meeting the mission and then be even more stressed. he thinks he should be able to do everything even though he knows it isn't possible.
    @toots - i'm sorry to hear about your husband i hope they figure it out. i had a dear friend who was so stressed out he lost about 75lbs in a matter of months and didn't make it to see 30. :cry: Please have his heart checked! just to be on the safe side. I'll be praying.

thanks. he had other testing too to see what's going on. we're still waiting on results.
    I think for February I'm just going to try to increase my activity weekly, maybe increase by a minute a day till I reach 1/2 an hour a day of exercise. I'm happy with everything else I'm doing, my water intake is good, my diet plan is under control so the exercise partof the program is the only thing that needs tweaking. I'm not going to limit myself to a particular type of exercise, as long as its something every day.

i think that's a brilliant idea. one minute a day is definitely doable. your body probably won't even notice.
    I have a guy friend at church with 2-year old twins. Mom just didn't want the responsibility. No joke. While it's mainly women and children who suffer, they're are quite a few single dads out there too. Any single parent deserves it that's for sure.

i've met more men in the last couple of years who've been left with little children when their wives decided they were just done being responsible and took off. it's the weirdest thing to me. you just never used to see that.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    jtconst - How fun - a nite in a hotel all by yourself - I wonder if they have a salon where you can get your nails done too?? I used to do a tiny bit of travelling for business and I dearly loved when I got to have a hotel room to myself....so enjoy to the max!

vickie - hope you get to feeling better, girlfriend! Gosh you've had a hard winter! I'm pulling for you! :flowerforyou:

Laurie - sorry your still under the weather and glad your doc gave you antibiotics to clear it up - all else is secondary - GET WELL! You'll figure out your Feb. Challenge in time.

Shygurl - so glad to see you back, Rebecca!

Kris - glad you're in for the February challenge!

jumpy - you're in for a LOT of surprises when you get OLD :grumble: ! age is not kind! But you can get away with a lot! :blushing: SOOO glad your wedding ring is getting lose.

Kinnurse - sounds like you had a great, productive week. Looks like your more than contemplating your retirement years. How far away are they?

Susan - a 12 inch loss is WONDERFUL - lets all celebrate with you! WOOT! HAPPY DANCE!!! Also so excited you've got another job prospect - hope it is everything you want and it works out for you!.
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! Things are starting to look better. My niece's baby is doing well and may be able to go home in a few days. My other niece is doing much better and taking some steps to improve her situation. My PMS is better, although I still haven't started. I wonder if my system is so screwed up from the years of depo that I might not this time.

Need to get back on the exercise track. Things kind of fell along the wayside this week. I have some work to do, but I will exercise this afternoon and report back later...
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @toots--I agree that you never used to see women leave the kids with their father. I think it's b/c 30 years ago, women had fewer opportunities to tempt them away from the responsibilities of motherhood. I bet there where just as many women who felt some discontentment with their lives; just less reason to do anything about it. I don't know if that made sense. I'm not in any way supporting the idea of moms abandoning their children--I think it's horrible for either parent to shun such a responsibility. However, from a purely sociological standpoint, I find it fascinating how much more alike men and women are than anyone would have guessed back when women were totally dependent on men for their financial well-being.

@kelley--hope zoe is doing okay--was she just being spayed? or was the surgery for something else? Maybe I missed one of your posts.

@susan--I'm glad you liked the analogy. :happy: Good luck with the meeting monday. I agree with you that if it's meant to be, you should go for it. Nine months is enough time to get a really good feel for your current job, and it seems you've been a bit stressed by it. As far as the scale goes, inches and clothing sizes are a much better indicator of progress, and IMO they matter a lot more. People can look at you and SEE the difference in inches, but no one is going to pick you up and say "wow, you feel a bit lighter today." :laugh:

@charlotte--glad you had a productive week off, but it's never enough is it? I get almost 10 weeks off each summer, and still I go back to work every August feeling like I could use just one more week... :ohwell:

@jumpy--congrats on the looser wedding ring--that's a great NSV! Also, I agree that people need to be careful when using negative reinforcement with dogs. The reason I recommended the Stop That! spray is that it's not painful to the dogs like some other sprays (I'm thinking of the pepper based sprays). The one time I used it, gunner also got sprayed a bit and there were no ill affects. The other dog moved away which was the plan, but the next time we saw her outside with her owners, we let the dogs meet and there seemed to be no bad feelings from the spray encounter.

@kaye--having said what I did above to jumpy, I don't think the spray is the "best" training tool. I was under the impression your family was set on getting rid of the dog and was thinking of the spray as a "safety measure" until you found a new home for it. I've never used the spray as a training tool for gunner (it's more a defense against other dogs--a "just in case"). When we got gunner, I had to do a lot of research on how to establish dominance over him. He was a big, unruly puppy who thought he should "rule the roost." After a lot of training, he's now an even bigger, dominant personality, but he knows I'm "alpha dog" and rarely tries to defy me. I'm so glad to hear your son is willing to give the dog a chance and hope you find a good trainer and all works out. If it doesn't, at least you and the DIL will feel better that you gave the dog a fair shot, and you will know your home with small children just isn't the best environment for that dog.

@alison--keep trying with the protein--it's really hard for me too, but we can do it. Great NSV with more inches lost. I'm the opposite--I've lost a lot on my hips, but the "innertube" around my waist is hanging on for dear life. :grumble: :grumble: That means my waist to hip ratio is actually in the "good" range, but I get muffin-top if my jeans are even slightly tight. I've learned to camouflage it with the "right" tops, but I can't wait for the day it's not an issue. Love your "magic power"--kudos to you for wielding it; too many parents these days have relinquished their powers to the children.

I had chocolate fudge truffle bundt cake and vanilla ice cream for breakfast--OOPS! I thought it was Thursday truth! :laugh: Well, I'm off to walk gunner and then the gym for my long run. Will check back later. :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hello, everyone! Things are starting to look better. My niece's baby is doing well and may be able to go home in a few days. My other niece is doing much better and taking some steps to improve her situation. My PMS is better, although I still haven't started. I wonder if my system is so screwed up from the years of depo that I might not this time.

Need to get back on the exercise track. Things kind of fell along the wayside this week. I have some work to do, but I will exercise this afternoon and report back later...

Glad to hear positive reports on both of your nieces. I've never been on depo, but I would guess you very possibly could skip this month--maybe even a few months while your body's hormones readjust.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, I got a new haircut this morning from my favorite hairdresser. Its a great pick-me-up! I'm trying to grow it out a bit so I can have a different look to go with my "new" body. She hadn't seen me for a long time, and was very excited about my progress.
    Jumpy and Skinny, Thank you for your concern about the dog. I am not very optimistic about being able to keep the dog. As I said, he was a rescue dog and already had a lot of bad habits. I would much rather get rid of him right now. The problem with trying to train him to be more tolerant of the kids is that in the meantime, what do I do with him. I was sitting right by Keith when he bit him the other day, and it was totally unprovoked. He just jumped up and bit his hand. I have grandchildren that are just toddlers, a bit young to train them instead of the dog. And if they start playing with each other, or if Grandpa tickles someone, it totally sets him off. He starts barking and chasing them and nipping at them. He will come running from another room to chase them and nip at them if he hears them playing. At first, we thought that he just wanted to be part of the fun, but he gets mean really fast. I just can't have a dog around that is set off by normal play. Oh, well. This too shall pass. I'm going to have to be very insistent that they get a trainer very quickly and get started.
    We are having a super bowl party tomorrow so I have some work to do today. The rest of the family is taking care of most of the food, so I don't have much to worry about in that vein, but I need to do some vacuuming, etc.
    Have a fun Saturday. Kaye