What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• Gregthree
    Gregthree Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Pork chops agrodolce and a side of cannelini beans with pancetta

20130130_185958.jpg

Is that all one meal for you or are you sharing that. it seems like an awful lot for just one person to eat.
  • Gregthree
    Gregthree Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    How and the heck are all you people succeeding with your weight loss or maintaining when you are eating all of that food. I look at all that food and I now know how I got into the situation to begin with.

not everyone is here to lose weight :smile:

however, http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133634471

What??????? I have never been a good food eater and it has cost me dearly now that I am in my 40's. I have no idea what food are carbs, what are good foods for protein and that sort of thing. I am learning slowly and I think as we proceed with this dietary change, I will understand more. My initial goal was to just lose the weight to be lighter on my feet. As I get close to finishing my second month, I am beginnning to rethink this to get a body more like the one I one, cut but not ripped. Maybe not quite like yours but one that walking a beach without my shirt on will no longer be uncomfortable.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    How and the heck are all you people succeeding with your weight loss or maintaining when you are eating all of that food. I look at all that food and I now know how I got into the situation to begin with.

not everyone is here to lose weight :smile:

however, http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133634471

What??????? I have never been a good food eater and it has cost me dearly now that I am in my 40's. I have no idea what food are carbs, what are good foods for protein and that sort of thing. I am learning slowly and I think as we proceed with this dietary change, I will understand more. My initial goal was to just lose the weight to be lighter on my feet. As I get close to finishing my second month, I am beginnning to rethink this to get a body more like the one I one, cut but not ripped. Maybe not quite like yours but one that walking a beach without my shirt on will no longer be uncomfortable.

You should start with learning the basics of what foods contain what macros so you have some idea. Stick to calorie target and get enough protein and fat and do some resistance training. Do that consistently and you'll be on the right track.

Also, a few of us are intermittent fasters meaning that we will fast for a bit and then eat a large meal. Therefore, it is much easier to stick to calorie targets because of fewer meals consumed.

bacon/egg,veggies with katsudon sauce and slim pasta
    20130201_203130.jpg
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

T-bone steak, marinated/pickled carrot and daikon salad with avocado.

deevaa, the pickled carrots + daikon over avocado is great idea, and looks really beautiful.

It was a really good combo. I did more carrots while I had the mandolin out and put them in the pickle, to have today, it'll be interesting to see how they come out, they might be too pickled.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Federal donuts for lunch

Sour cherry almond and turkish coffee donuts

20130201_122330.jpg

Zatar spiced korean fried chicken

20130201_121323.jpg
  • StonesUnturned
    StonesUnturned Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Well, it's somehow all a bit colourless, but it was still good.

Roasted cabbage (with bran flakes for extra crunch), cheeseburger on homemade bread and a teeny bit of brown rice. I was pretty pleased with my homemade bread until I saw that bacon cheddar beer bread, which I did not know was a thing, but now that I do I feel I have been missing it ALL MY LIFE.
    tumblr_mhkihlsmta1rn7tcvo2_500.jpg

And for dessert, Greek yogurt, half a banana, almond butter and white (cookie dough-flavoured) tea
    tumblr_mhkihlsmta1rn7tcvo1_500.jpg
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    It's been awhile so I have some backlog...

Breakfasts: Oatmeal w/ banana and coffee:

4guGLaTl.jpg

Wed: Cajun chicken with leftover acorn squash and brussels. Orange and Toast

8zAIHvNl.jpg
    3AKKmAql.jpg

Thurs: Salmon, zucchini and yellow squash, asparagus

m1aUX6kl.jpg
    Wt2OQ41l.jpg

Friday - Lunch: veggie burger on pretzel bun, green beans

UqKSdYUl.jpg

Friday - Dinner: Date night - calamari, seafood risotto, tiramisu

PpTdi0sl.jpg
    a3c5OYvl.jpg
    T96ZpLSl.jpg
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Bumity yum!
  • nz_deevaa
    Options
    8436745435_a6a012fd39_z.jpg

Roast pork and salad.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Disco fries with duck confit and foie gras gravy

20130202_130905.jpg

Burger topped with pork roll, cheese, fried egg and red eye mayo on brioche

20130202_131722.jpg
    20130202_131755.jpg

Salted caramel pudding

20130202_133026.jpg

Various bakery eats (white choc and coffee macaroon, cream cheese brownie and choc chip and cranberry cookie with sea salt)

20130202_134512.jpg
    20130202_134443.jpg
    20130202_134410.jpg

Thai coconut milk and blood orange gelatos

20130202_135516.jpg
  • jtmurph7
    Options
    Bump for later... Wish the recipes were included. :smile:
  • nogoldilocs
    nogoldilocs Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    In the spirit of honesty and full disclosure, a meal made up entirely of convenience foods. Sometimes this really is the best I can do. Before adding a glass of wine, it's 400 calories.

Store bought chicken tenders and french fries, and frozen broccoli.

00643597-2538-4B56-BD20-99F4CA5BC03E-5242-0000071DCE00FBA7_zps1b4faf9b.jpg
  • nz_deevaa
    Options
    Bump for later... Wish the recipes were included. :smile:

Most people are happy to give you recipes if you ask. :wink:
  • StonesUnturned
    StonesUnturned Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Gelato! Oh my.

tumblr_mhme3sOV9s1rn7tcvo1_500.jpg
    Sauteed vegetables and ground beef (attempted the chicken stock + cheese reduction thing someone else mentioned above, but with limited success. Need better cheese I think), sweet potato with Greek yogurt
  • nz_deevaa
    Options
    I'm doing the 'orange diet'.

8440009896_8a2c57329d_z.jpg
  • ValerieZ84
    ValerieZ84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    125g7bq.jpg

Crustless spinach quiche (207 calories for a piece, which was a 6th of a 9x13 pan) turkey bacon

2w722z9.jpg

This was my spin on Steak N Shakes 3D grilled cheese steakburgers. Turkey burgers with 3 fat free cheeses, and homemade fat free thousand isalnd dressing. Originals are 770 calories and 52g of fat. Mine are 343 calories and 3g fat. I served them with Hungry Girls bloomin onion and salads. :) These are hubbies 2 burgers :laugh:

34xku1l.jpg

These are gems! Devils food cake mix with 15oz canned pumpkin instead off the eggs/oil. Throw on some fat free cool whip and youve got around 195 calories total instead of 280 for the cupcake minus icing. And theyre yummy!

aemgb5.jpg

Strawberry and mozzarella salad with homemade dijon viniagrette

hwlufk.jpg

Homemade turkey meatball pizza
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    123444_zps0ee0ce3e.jpg
    Tuna on toasted a english muffin with avocado and a sliced blood orange.

12568_zps0832832a.jpg
    Cauliflower crust pizza topped with mushrooms, onions, basil and jalapenos.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Look at my profile photo - it was dinner twice this past week :)
  • bovvaboy63
    bovvaboy63 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    this was a t-bone steak but I forgot to take the photo first!

2011-04-16185234.jpg