bump and thank you both!
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna begin it this summer! :) I'll be hitting y'all up then.

Edited to add: I do eat at my BMR currently, but not much above because I'm not lifting... yet.
  • SheriKCourtney
    Options
    Bump for later
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Definitely following this in 2013 so I can trim down a little and keep on rocking my half marathon/triathlon training!
  • amperl8
    amperl8 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    So am I understanding this correct......on the roadmap I DO NOT eat my excersie calories back???
  • kfesta52
    kfesta52 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You don't eat exercise calories back in the MFP way, BUT exercise calories are accounted for in the number of daily calories, based on your typical level of exercise. So, you're basically eating a higher average number of daily calories, and that value includes the extra for exercise.
  • jonswife0206
    jonswife0206 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of the helpful information. The scale has not been moving much and looking at the amount of calories I was eating versus what is recommended here after I did my calculatons means I have been eating far far far too few calories. I am looking forward to seeing results following this new plan starting today !!
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    So if I set my activity to lightly active, but am really mod. active-should I eat my cals back?
    I am just afraid I am not really mod. active and will overeat.....
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    New mapper :) Bump!
  • nogoldilocs
    nogoldilocs Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    IPOARM follower from 2012, spreading the word.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Bumpp
  • Arwaxx
    Arwaxx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    so i have upped my calories to 1500-1700 calories and my workout is on and off and i started lifting weights. i lost 1.7 kg of fat and gained muscles almost in all parts of m body...
    im still hesitant in eating that much but i decided that i will eat 1500 on days i dont work out in and if i do work out, ill eat my excercise calories...

Height: 160 cm
    weight: 77.5 kg
    BMR (scooby calculator): 1574
    TDEE: 2164
    Activity Level: 1-3 hrs/wk of light excercice
    TDEE-20%: 1731 kcal

good ? bad?
  • mcslimmer
    mcslimmer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This seems like a great, methodical way to approach continued / sustained weight loss and maintenance and I am looking forward to making use of it. That said, I'd like to ask about short and long term goals relative to restricting calories. I will certainly be using this (Roadmap) methodology for the long term (I have about 75lbs to lose), but we have a vacation coming up in about 7 weeks that I would like to trim down as much as safely possible for beforehand. Using the formulas presented here (male 46, 6'2", 278lbs), I arrive at the following:

- Body fat: 38.6%
    - Harris Benedict BMR: 2428
    - TDEE (Sedentary Activity Level (plan on filling exercise back in)): 2914
    - TDEE - 30%: 2040

I lit weights 3-4 times a week and do cardio on off days (jogging 25-35 mins).

So, I am good with that for the long term, but what can I do / what is safe to do to maximize my weight loss over the next 7 weeks? Am I going to do any damage if I drop down to, say 1300 or less for that period of time and then back up to 2040 after the vacation? Or, will doing that just result in my not really losing any more weight in the short term (due to how my body will react) than if I had just stuck to the 2040 net intake?

Thanks
  • shelbysp8
    shelbysp8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Following it and spreading the word too. Thanks, it definitely makes sense! :drinker:
  • stuntpilot51
    stuntpilot51 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Been a follower since July 2012 when I was starving myself, cranky, irritable, unbearable and stopped losing weight.

Been promoting it since about September 2012, it's so simple and makes so much sense.
  • galipemi1
    galipemi1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have been reading about the road map for about a week now and have decided to start it this week. I have downloaded heybales' calculator and I just wanted to check on two things if someone wouldn't mind helping.

I have a fitbit and according to it, I have burned an average of 1969 calories since I started using it. But, I know they apparently overestimate. When I fill out the calculator with what I think I do I come up with a TDEE of 1773 (with TDEG 1468). Can my fitbit really be that far off or am I really underestimating how much I'm moving around in a day? I'm a full time student so my days can be pretty sedentary. Which TDEE would you work off of?

secondly, when looking at my fat calculations I get:
    37.37 U.S. Navy Circumference Method
    29.13 Covert Bailey "Fit or Fat" book method
    33.25 Avgerage body fat % of the two

I have used the average but I remember reading somewhere that whichever one moves (more? less?) over time is the more accurate. Can someone clarify that for me?

I really appreciate all the help, you guys are such a big group and very supportive. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Oh, and stats:
    30 year old female

145.2 <
    Current Weight
    >
    61.5 <
    Height
    >

5.62 wrist of dominate hand - minimum girth
    9.75 forearm palm up - maximum girth
    12. neck looking level - minimum girth
    31. waist - minimum girth