Name your most recent non-scale related victory

Options

Replies

• LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I was walking across the street on Saturday evening headed for Mass when a jeep went by and someone whistled at me! I thought for sure we must have known the person, so I asked my husband if he recognized the vehicle and he said no, laughed, and said "Doesn't that make you feel great?" It sure did!
  • Sambytheway82
    Options
    Was walking the other day an my jeans nearly fell down :happy: xx
  • karenf289
    karenf289 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Being able to wear out a pair of shoes!!! The reason I mention this is because I couldn't walk very far without the use of inhalers or be in some sort of pain, never mind wear out the tread on shoes. Now I can walk for miles/hours, and I wore through my first pair of walking shoes in December, a first in all my 47yrs :)
  • mrsburghart
    mrsburghart Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I had to retire some dress pants that I worked really hard to get into in the first place. Now they are just a little...ok a lot!...too big :) Oh, and I finished my first 10K a week ago. That was probably the most amazing experience, and I never thought I could run 1 mile let alone 6!!!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I notice my hands look long and skinny. I had to retire my wedding rings and I can wear my children's birthstone rings that I wore on my pinky finger now on my ring finger.
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kkmonroe79
    kkmonroe79 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I cleaned my closet out this weekend, and over half of my wardrobe is gone. I gave my clothes to someone that can use them, because they are all to big for me now! It' was a little scary, because they were a kind of security blanket...but now, there's no where to go but down! WOO-HOO!!!! :drinker:
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I adore my grandmother..have always loved her hands..her index fingers always have an unusual shape that would facinate me whenever she would sew. Now that I've lost the weight I've realised recently that I too have the shape of her index fingers and it's silly I know but it brought tears to my eyes to realise I have a visual piece of her with me always. I would never have known that if it wasn't for losing this weight.
  • itsmelynn15
    Options
    This doesn't have to do with weight loss or my body but I passed a nusing exam I had today with a 94% but this put a spring in my step for the whole day!
  • patty1138
    Options
    bump
  • patty1138
    Options
    bump
  • cwanek726
    cwanek726 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I realized recently that I could jog and talk at the same time. And I didn't even realize I was doing it until I was at the end of the time my trainer had me jogging for.
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    I had 2 this past week.

1) I was not huffing and puffing when I did the first workout of week 4 of C25K. I haven't run 5 minutes at a time in forever.

2) I can finally shop in the petites section again (not petite plus, not woman petite, just regular petite) and I am not the largest size. It feels so good to fit into whatever I like when I go into a store. Regular sizes are too big for me now!
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    Picked up a size 16 off the rack and KNEW it would fit. Shablam mother f*ckas!
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My nsv is kind of silly... but it makes me happy.
    I used to dread putting my jeans on straight from the dryer because they would be so tight...(hard to breathe tight)..
    Now I can put them on straight from the dryer, zip and button them with no problem.... and, I can even pull them off and on without unbuttoning or unzipping!!!

Not silly at all!
    I totally understand that too-tight feeling of freshly washed pants.
    I think yours is a wonderful NSV!!
  • LydHoule
    Options
    Also nothing to do with scale or anything, but I beat Mass Effect and found everything and did all the side plots. That's something! :)
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I have this fatty place at the base of my neck that is less fatty. I also caught glimpses of my collar bones.
    AND I ran 20 minutes non stop yesterday! :)
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My weight hasn't changed by even a pound for the last month, but I don't let that bother me too much since I lift heavy and I can see my progress.
    Today I was politely hit on TWICE while at the gym, and the best part....
    I was in my swimsuit.

Never thought THAT would happen.
  • LindseyAlyssa
    Options
    SO CLOSE to fitting perfectly in my first "goal" jeans, which I wore back in '08. They look fine on, but I know I could make them look even better. So now to keep working with strength training :)
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    Went to a girl scout father-daughter dance this past Saturday night with my 10 year old daughter. She said she remembered last year when all I could do was stand along the side with all the rest of the "big" dad's (the one's too big to want to dance). She said she was so happy and proud of me that I could dance with her the whole evening now. In fact, we took second place in the dance contest!