Dry Wit? Geek / Nerd? Need Friends / Support? Me Too!!

Options

Replies

• NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I remember Tom Baker but Pete Davidson was my first proper Dr :)

YES!!! Who can resist!
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. I didn't even see what I did there.
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm not as old as 39, I'm 30. I love Doctor Who, Star Trek, Supernatural, Buffy, and I like a lot of other Sci/Fi and horror shows, movies, and books!
  • Katmiller73
    Katmiller73 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yay more geeks/nerds!
    I love all things Sci-fi. In fact on my vacation, I watched a marathon of Legend of the Seeker on Netflix. I love Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Star Trek, Red Dwarf. Dr. Who, Dexter, Game of Thrones, Walking dead, Truelood, Being Human (BBC version) and my friend in Australia has got me watching a quiz show called QI. Its effin great! I also play a MMORPG called World of Warcraft. Do I qualify?

Read the Legend of the Seeker books long before I watched them on tv. Loved both
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Count me in! My Nerdom status started with enjoying the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series in High School. I never got into Dr Who as a kid, because I'd always catch it at a "scary part" and would quickly flip away.

Currently I'm a 35 yr old Whovian who has knitted her husband a season 12 scarf in about 40 hours. I also love Firefly (badly want to make a Jayne hat), the IT crowd, Chuck, and LOTR.

When pressed on the issue, I love Tom Baker's hair, but David Tennant is swoon worthy. But who would I most like to be stuck in a TARDIS with? Matt Smith! I just love his quirks! And, well, bow ties are cool!
  • gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    It seems that this is the thread that just will not die... As Col. John "Hanibal" Smith would say, "I Love it when a plan comes together!!" lol I'm going to see what I can do about making our little Asylum into an actual MFP group. BTW, I have it on goot authority that 'Jeffster' will be going on stage in the common room in about an hour, so keep your eyes and ears open!! :glasses:
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Do me a favor...Don't call 39 old, lol. Be there myself real soon.

Sorry Nike... didn't mean to offend anyone, like I said before "It's not the age, it's the mileage".

In my case I am LONG over due for a complete rebuild!!!! lol

Hehe, yeah, 39 isn't old. I'm older than that and still young. And geeky.
  • LadyZeresh
    Options
    Greetings and Felicitations All,

I hope that you all are still looking for Geeks who wanna get healthy?!?   According to the graphic posted by richardheath I'm not exactly Nerd material.  I am a Geek, and proud of it!!! 

For the post about actors out of their element I have one that goes back more than a few years: Richard Harris who to most people these days is the man who played Professor Albus Dumbledore in the first two Harry Potter movies was also in Camelot in 1967 as King Arthur.  How is that for digging into movie history!!

I love anything Star Trek related, older Dr. Who stuff (not had much of a chance at the new stuff, watched some of Quantum Leap, love Monty Python (and other BBC programming too), recently been into a lot of the comic book movies, and Ghost Rider.  

Roll playing games mostly tabletop stuff, AD&D (played 3.0, 3.5, and Pathfinder), never tried 4.0 due to lack of funds to buy a complete set of books, played all the way through Final Fantasy 7, going through an emulator now with FF 3/6 (Japanese/American), have played Diablo II, and a few other that I can't recall at the moment.

I'm 51 years "young", have already dropped 26.4 pounds, have about 35 more to reach my first goal, and have not had but 2 friends on MFP so far.  Please feel free to add me.  If someone would be so nice and tell me how to add people I would greatly appreciate it.  What do I use? Username, Email address, what?  Even some geeks need help now and then.

Username: LadyZeresh

Lynne Smith
  • tritepoet
    tritepoet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    All my geeky friends who deleted me during my absence, please add me again! Also, new geeks all are welcome! Please add! Much love!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    i am a geek, Dr. Who fan and a Sci-fi nerdologist.:glasses: i miss Fringe =/
  • astrogal_33
    astrogal_33 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Amanda! I like to think I'm a well-rounded geek (nerd depending on the day). I love Star Trek, but love playing Star Wars Miniatures (inner battle there), RPG's (in the flesh & PC), and just about every strategy & Euro board game that exists. I'm on the "Bring back Firefly" bandwagon and am purposely waiting to finish the last Season of Fringe because I'm sad it's ending! Throw in LOTR and a healthy dose of Game of Thrones (books & show), and that's a brief picture of me. It's always a bit tough trying to be an active nerd....I think every hobby I mentioned involves sitting. Ha. I have been getting most of my Game of Thrones reading done on the treadmill though!! Excited to meet some new friends : )
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    If you include sarcasim - I'm the man for the job
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Geek, Gamer, Sarcastic - I count for them all :D Add me, peeps.
  • PoshDinosaur
    PoshDinosaur Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    As ever, XKCD has beaten me to a joke better than I could come up with...

exercise.png

I'm a geek, but I use that as short hand to say 'I don't seem to like what the majority likes'. I'm sat between my tetris lamp, my comic books and my violin, waiting for Steam to update, and, yes, also trying to lose weight. I wanted to join in!
  • nookeetoone
    Options

exercise.png

I'm a geek, but I use that as short hand to say 'I don't seem to like what the majority likes'. I'm sat between my tetris lamp, my comic books and my violin, waiting for Steam to update, and, yes, also trying to lose weight. I wanted to join in!

Lol I like that pic! Im sort of like that when I do garden work. I pretend I'm in Harvest Moon.... Hopefully that isn't just dorky >_<

Anyway I guess I like sci fi shows :) I grew up on sci fis. And I love gaming. And I have a degree in web development. Does that make me nerdy? I never really considered myself a nerd. But I do recognize that others might categorize me as such. And I also like animes, strategic board games.... and arts and crafts.... Yea... I dunno if others have similar interests.

I do like nerds though. Wonderful types =)
  • astrogal_33
    astrogal_33 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

exercise.png

This pic is AMAZING....a new way to tackle the gym! I love it!
  • PoshDinosaur
    PoshDinosaur Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It's from XKCD - he's a very funny man, I cannot take any credit for it.
  • xxcandywrathxx
    xxcandywrathxx Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I guess you could say Im a bit of a geek.
    Major doctor who fan and I loooove sci-fi. Dont play a lot of games, but I enjoy watching others play them.
    Id love some more friends. <3
  • gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Ok... let me start by saying this thread is more and more like Doctor Who all the time!!! Just when you think it is dead, it regenerates and away it goes!!! LOL

Let me do this in order....

Trite... we have missed you, and I can't speak for anyone else, but I never even considered deleteing you!!! Luv ya Babe!!!:flowerforyou:

Silver_Star... seeing salt and pepper shakers in a resturaunt and hearing "Exterminate!" in the back of your head... Yep, you are one of ours!!! :drinker:

astrogal... inner termoil... split personalities... same thing... Welcome to the Asylum!! Your "I Love Me" jacket will be delivered shortly!! :flowerforyou:

ferrytrip.. We are ALL fluent in sarcasm here!! Welcome!!!

Cherokee.. you are yet another in a long line of beautiful geeks in our little cult... I mean asylum... I mean Community, yeah, THAT'S it... Community!! :laugh:

Posh... Just that cartoon is grounds for iniation!! You, my friend, can stay!!:flowerforyou:

Nookee... If an RPG adapted to real life gets you through the monotony, So Be it!! I wonder if it will work while I'm on the help desk?!?! :drinker:

Candywrath... All Whovians are ALWAYS welcome!!! espically ones who can rock a Pacman shirt like you do!! :wink: welcome to The Asylum as well!! We are all a little crazy here, just fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride!! :devil:
  • andi12c
    Options
    Hi all! I am new to mfp and need some friends and support! :) I am probably only a semi-nerd/geek but a lover of sci-fi and fantasy tv, movies and books! Not so much a computer nerd but I have a family full of them so I skipped that area!