Over 200 New Year New Me Part 18

Options

Replies

• KDubMommy
    KDubMommy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    ok so i have been out of touch since late last week...and now I am in total need of some support.
    I haven't logged calories since last week. I got on the scale this morning (first time since thursday) and am back at 220. My TOM arrived yesterday morning with a vengence I haven't had in several months. One of my good friends at work is pregnant & totally excited & i have to say I am a little (meaninging a lot) jealous. I am feeling extremely demotivated & completely doubting if I can actually do this.
    My best friend came for mother's day & she is way heavier than I am byt at least 40-50 pounds & it made me upset that she thought she could fit into the new dresses I had just bought for myself. I am thinking I am never going to see the low 200s, let alone the 100s.
    My students are driving me nuts...there are only 20 days of school left & I have reached the point where they annoy me ALL THE TIME & they can't even follow simple directions for 10 minutes so I can take attendance.
    The only good news I have is that my new hot tub was delivered yesterday...I wonder if I can get the jets to heat massage all of my fat away.
    I am having a day where i just want to give up & eat whatever the heck I want.
    I was doing so good with logging my food & actually doing extra cardio outside of the workouts i do with my trainer and now its like I just don't care.
    I do want to do this I am just feeling very lost & gross & fat & just blah...
    I have been getting my water in those...I have been filling up one of the V-8 fusion bottles with about 5-6ounces of juice, then the rest ice & sparkling water & I make sure its gone (all 46ounces of it) before i leave school so with my water when I work out, that puts me right at about 64+ ounces for the day.
    I had chinese mushroom chicken & broccoli beef with 4cream cheese wontons for lunch today, but did not eat breakfast.
    God! I am just so ready for this whole journey to be ovr! I want my weight loss ticker to have some bigger fantastic number than just a measly 12 pounds :(

Whats the challenge for this week anyways?
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    KDub - you can TOTALLY DO THIS~ What you're feeling is NORMAL and we all feel that way from time to time! lstpaul and I maybe more than others? But we can all do this!

Things to focus on
    1 - HOW MUCH HEALTHIER you are RIGHT NOW! How great it feels to be getting into shape!:drinker:
    2 - Going back to your old lifestyle means gaining MORE weight and feeling exhausted all the time (no THANKS):huh:
    3 - Good food really tastes good! :love:
    4 - You are setting the right example for the people you love - eating and exercise is smart for the whole family!:blushing:
    5 - A healthy body is a fertal body - OK fine- not all the time but you know it helps your hormones!:glasses:
    6 - There's only one road to weight loss and you've found it - leaving the road now is just silly!:noway:
    7 - you would miss us if you didn't stick this out :tongue: :flowerforyou:

Take a couple deep breaths and remind yourself that you ARE doing this. You'll fall down and wander off on side trail from time to time - but you know your destination and you're heading there now! Your gain is water - it will flush out (literally) and you'll be back down in no time.

Plus I heard that when you lose slowly your skin has time to recover so you're less likely to have floppy left over skin! Whoot!

I'm all grumpy and in the dumps today too. I'll go home and climb on my evil elliptical machine for you - deal?
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    KdubMommy-I couldn't agree more with what mstahl said. What you are feeling is normal. When I first started this whole journey 2 years ago, years for me, I thought okay so I'll lose some weight. Cool. Little did I know it was going to be one of the most emotional processes I have been through. But I wouldn't change it for the world. I love seeing myself change into a new me. I like looking at myself in the mirror. I know you will too. It does take time. But I think everyone loses at their own pace. You are learning. You are learning how to have a healthy lifestyle for you and your family. You don't want your children to go down the road of being overweight. You want to be able to teach them from when they are little babies as they grow older. I know a girl who is overweight and she just says "well, I'm over weight and so I know my baby will be too". Breaks my heart to hear that. Take the night off and relax. Hit the ground running tomorrow. Seems like everything is just getting you down all at once. But trust me, it's normal. You will see the scale go back down soon. I promise. Keep up your hard work. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    So I was bored at work, AGAIN and was playing around with some of these online body caulcator things. Trying to figure out with my ideal body weight would be. It nailed my current BMI right on with my measurements. I know most of these are only a guess but for my body frame, which is a medium it said my ideal weight would be about 135. Wow. I never thought I could get that low. I would be happy with hitting 150. I know it's all just a guessing game. I will re evaulate when the time comes. Just kinda shocked me. Thought I would share. Thanks for listening to my ramble.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Hello gals...

just got back from conseling session for my daughter...she actually had a pretty okay day to which always makes me in a better mood too :smile:

I went and worked out at lunch i tried c25k but wans't successfulll:mad: :mad: my legs were hurting too much, i ran some but not the 8 minutes...maybe like 2...but i did walk like a mile and did 2 miles on the bike. The other day i did 2 miles in 11 1/2 minutes, and today 2 in 10 minutes, not sure though the other day was on a regular exercise bike and today was on teh rec. bike..but i was pedalling faster today...i would of done a little more but i had to get back to work :grumble: :grumble:

i am sure i will be way under on cals today as before dinner i have had like under 500 cals.
  • raiderape
    raiderape Posts: 300
    Options
    kdub - I have felt that same way at least 2 or 3 times since I have started on MFP and I have only been here for a little over a month. As mstahl and Jess said everyone feels this way time and time again. It is completely NORMAL but if you didn't have us here to tell you that you would think that you couldn't do it anymore. I am have thought about quitting but have talked myself out of it with you and the girls help. I want to change my life not just go on a diet and when I have kids I want them to grow up healthier than I did. I agree with Jess to take tonight off and start fresh and new tomorrow.

lildeb - Great on the workout!! Keep up the great work. I need to get going on my working out. I need to light a fire under my butt!!

Check in for today.

Calories: Over but not by much
    Water : 120 oz and counting
    Exercise: none
    Proud of not eating the cake that was in the hallway and instead eating my broccoli. :happy:
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Kdub - I hear ya...I was just there for the 3,..4..5th time lost count a few weeks ago...but then i got a 2nd wind and i am all in ...and i am sooo much more fluffy :embarassed: :embarassed:

Hang in there !!

my husband is sooo strange....i love him but sooo weird. We have grilled chicken and he eats from the inside of the chicken, it is skinless but he won't just cut it ...i don't know why it bothers me soo but it does.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Ok my dears, at the airport waiting to board. I stayed an hour later at work to help my boss with something, so I didn't have time to get to the gym. Cris is taking Sunday off for our challenge, I'm taking off today. :-) I'm excited to get home and see my family. I can't wait for them to see the new me. When I last saw them, I was at my heaviest. They have been so supportive of me throughout the journey so far, and I know they will celebrate my success with me. It's so good to have a family that is with me and rooting for me!

KDub - As everyone has said, what you are feeling is ordinary. However, you are EXTRAordinary and can beat any old slump that comes your way!

I'm probably going to be a bit over in my calories. MFP just redid my goals and calories based on my new weight. I didn't realize the difference 80 cals made in my day, so I'm having a bit of a hard time adjusting. I will get there though!

I'll probably be back on tomorrow. Hope everyone has a wonderful night. :-)
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Girls!

I am check in a little late today...but busy day, as usual

Calories: over, 1,768 :sad: :sad: :sad: That is with my exercise calories and over by 300..yea that bad:cry::cry: :embarassed: :frown: :sad:
    Exercise: Week 2 Day 2 (C25k), I wanted to quit so badly because I didn't feel like doing it anymore..I was in so much pain, but I stuck wiht it and Finished..so i didn't quite or give up..Yay me!
    Water: 4 cups today..I felt blah..I am in a mood

Proud: NOthing really. I screwed up my day with too muc heating...and it wasn't even *junk* food just regular food but too much of it..

Better luck for me tomoorrow. I hope I am not in so much pain. I have to do so much working out to actually see some kind of lose this week... My schedule, for tomorrow, would be 40 minutes on treadmill, elliptical, and stepper. So that is 2 hours of workout time for me..

Good Nite..off to finish cleaning up my home since kids are now in bed..then off to bed.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Checking in then will go back and read posts!

Calories: 1462 (I was hungry today!)
    Water: 128 oz...working on another 24 before bed!
    Exercise: drum roll please!
    c25k-347 calories (2.57 miles)
    Cycling-283 Calories (12 miles)
    Treadmil 3.0 incline-87 calories (.50 miles)
    717 calories burned!! WHEW!! If It wasn't for the challenge with Cris and Elmox I woulda quit! Thanks ladies!

Proud: Even though I was exhausted I pushed harder and harder! Thanks ladies! And big thanks to Positively Me for checking to make sure I was sticking with it and going to the gym! Luv ya girl!
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    717 calories burned!! WHEW!! If It wasn't for the challenge with Cris and Elmox I woulda quit! Thanks ladies!

Proud: Even though I was exhausted I pushed harder and harder! Thanks ladies! And big thanks to Positively Me for checking to make sure I was sticking with it and going to the gym! Luv ya girl!

It never crossed my mind that you Couldn't do it...I knew you can do it and some...**{{proud of you girl}}** Back at ya:laugh:
  • lildebbie
    Options
    CHeck in -

Cals - 1235 under by couple hundread
    Water - 64 oz..
    Exercise - 1 mile on treadmil and 2 mile on bike - 250 cals
    Proud - I hae now gone to the gym 4 days in a row and i got more water than i have been today.

Jealous of all the 700 calorie burns !! You go girls.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    checking in *hangs head in shame*
    Calories - like 700 over
    Water - great!
    exercise - none

Proud... well... I had made plans to go home and wrok out the eat a small grilled piece of salmon. Instead I got a call to meet up at the half price sushi bar. it's all a hazy blur of orgasmic sushi love after that.

I will repent an the alter of the fat gods - the elliptical machine! *sob*

ghnight!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Alright KDub. Like the other ladies said, you can so do this! I know it can seem so overwhelming (and that's such an understatement). I started at over 270 pounds. I have no idea how much over 270 but 272 was what I weighed after about a month of sporadic exercise & 4 full days of healthy eating (1200 cals) and serious exercise. I honestly probably topped out at 280 or so but since I really don't know I don't claim it. I've been on MFP for 8 months. I've never felt like I've "fallen off the wagon" but I think that's because I'm not approaching this whole thing as a diet. It's a process & there will be ups and downs, good days and bad days, good weigh ins and bad weigh ins, etc. It's okay, I mean... it's life. :smile: Find ways to enjoy yourself throughout and focus on all the hugely positive changes you're seeing in your life because of the effort you're putting forth. I was absolutely MISERABLE the way I was before. There is no way I'll go back to that. Being healthy is the ultimate goal here and whether or not you're overweight, what you're doing is *so* much healthier than whatever you did before, right? So you've already accomplished that, and that's the hardest part!

I found this picture of myself on my phone today. It had to be from November of 2008 because the yellow dog I'm snuggling with, Andy, was a foster here from 11.08 until 02.09 and I know this was when he first came here.
    270768_8631.jpg
    :noway:
    And that wasn't even my highest weight. Because at my highest weight, I couldn't wear those pants anymore.
    NEVER GOING BACK there. Ever.

Calories: 1495 assuming I don't have another beer. 1594 if I do (goal 1594... hmm, is beer #2 fate? :laugh:
    Exercise: 20 minutes stationary bike; 35 minutes walking
    Water: 90oz+ so far
    Proud: One of my really good guy friends I haven't seen in many many months commented on my facebook page that I'm "looking like a badass these days." :laugh: Partly because of the joke of a picture I have up on facebook, but also I think partly because he falls ridiculously in love with me when I'm not so fat (suffice it to say it's a well established pattern that has spanned nearly 10 years. :tongue:). I don't really enjoy the random attention from male strangers I'm getting more often (okay maybe I do a *little* bit), but it's kind of nice (in a really horribly selfish kind of way) for someone you used to be so in love with to like you so much (in a SOL kind of way of course :wink:).
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Kdubmommy
    I couldn't say it better than any of the other ladies already have and I agree with all of them. I hope that you managed to read some of these encouraging posts this evening so you can go to bed in a better frame of mind.
    Mfp works, we are all here for you and you can do this !!!!!
    The main reason I started this journey was because I want to get pregnant. I decided to get into a healthy weight range before trying to conceive for my health and the health of my future child. Along the way this journey has definitely become more about doing what's right and best for me and my body. I feel great physically and mentally and it's no longer about reaching a certain goal but more about entering a new way of life.
    Let's do this together !!!:flowerforyou:

Check in for today
    calories - 1115
    water about 90oz
    exercise - some light walking
    proud - 2 days sugar, refined carbs and chocolate free !!!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Ugh, boarded the plane, then waited on the ground for over an hour before we actually took over. Other than that, the flight was smooth sailing and I got to read silly celeb magazines and get some work done.

Checking in:
    Cals: Over, but only by 97. If this was yesterday, I'd only be over by 17 :tongue:
    Water: Eek, only 56 oz. I should have had more water on the plane, but was worried about the back and forth to the lavatory. :blushing:
    Exercise: None :cry: But I am SO PROUD of Jess for burning off those 717 cals!! Get it girl. I'll see you "there" tomorrow.
    Proud: My momma was so proud of me and how I looked. My sister was sleeping when I got home, so I get to look forward to her response tomorrow. Also, seeing my MIL for the first time since Februray tomorrow, so I'm hoping I get another, "You look amazing!" I'm so incredibly selfish. I want to hear these praises all the dang time! :bigsmile:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    HEY EVERYONE.....LOOK WHO IT LOITERING AROUND HERE! HOPE TO SEE YOU MORE <3 MISSED YA ALL:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I really need to get back on the wagon cardio-wise. I have only done cardio 2 days in the past 8 days! My final BL weigh in is coming up! I want to hit at least 10 lbs total loss. I was up a couple lb this morning from yesterday but TOM is here, and I haven't been drinking my water. I am always so wiped out after our strength training session with my trainer but I am going to put in 30 min on the elliptical after that's done today.

Checkin for 5/12:
    Calories - 2 over
    Water - terrible
    Exercise - none
    Proud - We went to Panera for dinner last night and even with TOM cravings, I did NOT get any delicious bakery items that included chocolate! Or any bakery items at all (well unless you count my bread chunk with my salad), but especially the chocolate ones. :smile:
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Good morning ladies..

Happy thrusday all the weekend is almost here..!! Yay!!!

Still not happy with my scale :mad: :mad: Still over 280 not happy about that...i am doubting i will have any loss tomorrow , more likely a gain...which ticks me off since i have been doing soo good this week eating good not even close to my calorie of 1560 been statying right around 1200 and exercising every day.
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    Kdub: I must have missed your post..but with all the ladies encouraging words I hope you have a positive mood. Like all the girls said this is not a diet (well for me it's not) it's a life style change. I am taking baby steps to reach my goal..it might take me forever but i am doing this the right way Not the yo-yo kind of way. We are ALL here for you. We all went throught what you just went through, and believe me it will get better. Hang on it is going to be a bumpy road.. Sending positive vibes your way:heart:

Elmox: I hope you have fun...and about feeling selfish..why should you feel selfish you worked really hard for those 28pounds. so you deserve all the flattering talk...lol.
    And be prepared to burn 700 calories today. Good Luck!

Litdeb: don't stress on not seeing a loss..just keep doing what you're doing and the weight will come off. Hang in there!