Would you be Offended if...?

Options

Replies

• g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'd be cool with it, you can always learn something new :)

@tripmom02 tri suit is kinda hot, imo :tongue:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Nope! Hubs knows I'd appreciate something like that! Now, if he tried to get it for me 4 years ago when I was being lazy and packing on the pounds, I might've had a little pitty party (he hates my body and thinks I'm fat and disgusting boohoo) but I think I would've gotten over it and seen the light and been grateful eventually. :)
  • dietpepsi100
    dietpepsi100 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I would not be offended but of course I still have a lot of weight to lose so I would be very excitied. But if I felt I was in good shape I guess I could get offended!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    personally, no.
    But he knows I've wanted one.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't bother me, but I have friends that it WOULD bother. I think if the SO knows that the person is into fitness than it would be fine.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    not as long as I get to come home to this

hot dogs + sharp cheddar + lean hamburg + Thick cut hickory bacon + Sweet Baby rays bbq sauce + TURTLE BURGERS!

turtleburger_zpsd3c3ca9c.jpg

made mac n cheese with bacon bits stuffed jalapeno meatloaf wrapped in apple cider cured BACON!! It...was...epic!!!!

BACONLoaf_zps388e4620.jpg
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Only if it wasn't accompanied by a box of chocolates. Because chocolate is the only reason for Vday.
  • rodafer
    Options
    Would LOVE that. But hes my husband, not a boyfriend. Does that matter?
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    If I'd asked for it, it would be awesome! I'm usually not that practical with V-Day, though :laugh:
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    no

if i had a girlfriend and she got me extenz for Valentines day then.....
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    being a fitess junkie, no.

but if i wasn't already, yes.

Here's a tip: don't but your sweetie a PT for valentine's day if you have to ask if it would be offensive.
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yes. Not because I wouldn't appreciate or want it, but....my boyfriend doesn't always realize how particular I am about certain things. If it was some place I wanted to go, with someone I wanted to train with...that would be great. But I don't think he'd take into account my preferences on his own.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    No! that would only mean he knows me well :)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't... but then I keep asking for workout stuff... like seriously asking for it and my husband keeps thinking I will be offended because it supposedly implies I'm fat... well duh! I am, but I don't wanna be anymore!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

hot dogs + sharp cheddar + lean hamburg + Thick cut hickory bacon + Sweet Baby rays bbq sauce + TURTLE BURGERS!

made mac n cheese with bacon bits stuffed jalapeno meatloaf wrapped in apple cider cured BACON!! It...was...epic!!!!

is this some sort of sociological study?

IT IS!

i know an arm chair sociologist when i see one!!!

...you post this everywhere today....
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Nah, he knows I'm working my bum off at the gym, it would be nice!

However, if I wasn't already going to the gym, I'd take such a strop!
  • i_am_kate
    Options
    I wouldn't be offended. I'd be happy that he thought of something that's helpful for me. It would come across as him taking the time to think of something I'd really enjoy. Plus, it's a pretty original idea for a Valentine's gift. Much better than jewellery or flowers. :smile:
  • PlainOldElizaJane
    Options
    I would be ecstatic. But then again, like some have mentioned, I've been wanting one for a while.
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If: A.) They are already working out a lot and have expressed a desire for personal training, NO, but..
    B.) They are overweight and not currently working out, they will probably be offended.
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options

is this some sort of sociological study?

IT IS!

i know an arm chair sociologist when i see one!!!

...you post this everywhere today....

That's the second time I've seen that turtle. I'm still impressed, and my fiance is threatening to leave me unless I can learn to make food into animals like you. Damn you.