Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• wjrapp
    wjrapp Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'll be 54 in April....focusing more on being healthy first, the weight loss is an added plus...feeling much, much better getting off all my meds for hbp, hcholesterol and arthristis. Healthiest I've been in years! and I'm not done yet..... Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • TrishBH
    TrishBH Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can add me -- I'm a 48 year old with 45 lbs. to get rid of. Would love to add a bunch more friends. The more the merrier!
  • gdadki
    gdadki Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am 56 and trying to lose 35 pounds. Please feel free to add me.
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm 39...turning 40 in October. I just had my first baby last January.....feel free to add me :smile:
  • bakatare2k
    Options
    Im 41, been on MFP since March 2012 trying to get my last 25 Lbs off. Feel free to add me.
  • mkaye70
    Options
    I'm 42, with about that much in pounds to lose. count me in.
  • Bobbyjr72
    Bobbyjr72 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Soon to be 41. Down 20-ish to date. Want another 10 for good measure. I'm back to college weight but it sure doesn't look like it did back then.
  • astra1547
    Options
    Hi...I'm 65 years of age and desperately trying to lose weight as i have many health problems. This is my last chance if i want to live a healthier and longer life.
    I am on the Intermittent Fasting program. I have done this kind of dieting many times before not knowing it had a name and there's me thinking I've made this diet my own..lol A few times I've succeeded and failed with other diets. It does work as long as you eat the right foods. Eat normal with the amount of calories you need for 5 days and 2 days you can still eat normal foods, but cut calories in half . If you eat normal foods and drink plenty of water, you won't want to snack...Good Luck to any of you who are trying this diet. If you eat right, you won't feel hungry.,,Sarah
  • LisaWo
    LisaWo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 44. My initial goal would be to lose 30, then progress to losing another 50 or 60 to get down to 140.
    Knowing my track record, it's best to do it in stages so I don't get frustrated.
  • harleygrl69
    Options
    You can add me.I am 45 trying to lose 40lbs.I just quit smoking and am on day 11.
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    ME! ME! ME! I'm 48 and my journey has just begun. Add me for support if you would like!
  • shade0343
    shade0343 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I started at 49 when I was literally given orders to lose weight or else by my doctor. Lost 42 looking to lose about 10 more. If you have question I'd be pleased to help! Good Luck!
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    48 this year - want to enter my fifties in my best shape ever. My goal is to lose 18 pounds by summer -- and keep it off!
  • spookysoups
    spookysoups Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am also going to be 50 in july, and want to be about the same amount slimmer! I am sure trying my hardest!
    Good luck to all of us!
  • missjanetleigh
    missjanetleigh Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 about to be 44 next week and I have 70 I want gone. :)
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Wow, there are a lot of us out there! I will be 48 in May and started out wanting to lose 25 lbs. I have 15 to go. (I lost a couple before I started with MFP).
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sarah, on the low days, do you have to fast completely? Or you eat normally? After I finish losing a quick 10 on low carb, I am looking to try some type of cycling of low and high days.
  • Kathleen355
    Options
    Hi, I'm 57 and trying to lose 80+ lbs.
    :smile:
  • shauncamp
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Yes I AM 41 YEARS OLD.
  • dawnj87
    dawnj87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 42 and have struggled with my weight the last 16 yrs. I really want it gone. I want to be the person I used to be (weight wise). I'm right there with you :flowerforyou: