Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• fabfee
    Options
    Hi I`m 47 and trying to lose my baby weight..she`s 8!!! Lost 2 stone before Christmas, still got 3 to go. Calorie counting for the first time in my life so would love some support. Feel free to add me:smile:
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and trying to lose 85 lbs. I'm more almost 2/3 of the way there. This last month seems to have found me on a plateau, though.
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yes I am! I am 45 years old and started MFP back around September of last year. I have lost 35 pounds so far by moving again (walking is my exercise of choice) and being mindful of what I am eating. I still have more to lose, but I feel great! Anyone can add me if they wish. I love seeing the progress of others as well as my own.
  • kthycrlsn
    kthycrlsn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    51 and trying to lose...
  • beatingmenopause
    Options
    Feel free to join our group for women over 40!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9239-the-ladies-who-lunch

Thank you so much I've joined the group :-D
  • kathyb523
    Options
    I'm 53 and trying to lose 15 lbs and get into shape
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    42 here with another 60-80lbs to go.
  • garfield72
    Options
    40 yrs old and going to try again to lose the same 50 pounds I keep regaining. Living with Type 1 Diabetes too, so is tricky as I have to adjust my insulin down as I lose.
  • sbk204
    sbk204 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm 52. trying to lose 30 lbs.
  • angazaa
    Options
    Hi, I'm Crystal 48, 3 children (youngest is 4) and just can't seem to get under 160lbs. Looking to lose 10 - 15lbs. Feel free to add me we all sure need to encourage each other! :wink:
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi, are you in your 40's or 50's and battling with the bulge?

I turned 49 in January and while my ticker reflects a smaller goal, I actually have about 90# more to lose. Feel free to friend me.
  • hollygoddess
    hollygoddess Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Holly 46 & working on a 100 lb. loss journey!
  • CityGirl129
    Options
    Hi! yes... I am in my early 50's and started on the MediThin diet. Restricting carbs but lots of protein. It's my first day- yay... looking to lose about 46 pounds. It definitely gets harder as the years pass :( just started recording my foods on this site.... Wish everyone a big hello!
  • klkelley
    klkelley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 in May and my weight has been up and down for about 5 years. I would love to take off 30 pounds and I would be at my best! Feel free to add me as well
  • kristijoanderson
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kris and am 45. After 40 it is harder, but this site really works. Log in religiously. When I stopped logging daily, I gained 15 pounds. Stay with it. I used the Flat Belly Diet book to help my eating habits and this to log my food and exercise. It does work if you do. "Start slow and taper off". Just kidding :-}
  • lbmade2crave
    lbmade2crave Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and have lost 22 pounds since last October. I want to lost another 30? Feel free to add me!
  • melissandra
    melissandra Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    45, and need to lose 30-40lbs.
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm 53ish and I'm trying!
  • abbie40ca
    abbie40ca Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    52 here and need to lose 25ish lbs...feel free to add me :)
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    55 and shooting for 100lbs!