Hubby threw out all my "healthy food".. WTH

Options

Replies

• boonognog
    boonognog Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    1474222_o_zps09f7b630.gif

Wonder if the OP is regretting this thread about now.

No, the OP is probably sitting back and eating nachos whilst reading this thread.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    For grocery shopping, my SO and I go together and he picks out things he wants so there's no complaining about not getting to eat things he wants. And if he wants fast food, he'll have it-- he just knows not to expect that I will be eating it with him. There's not a rule about us having to eat the same things.
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options

From previous posts, it seems like it. :(
  • suzafied
    suzafied Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm the one who wants to lose weight. My bf says he could lose 10lbs, but its not an issue for him. In my fridge I have pop (soda), in the cupboard I have chips.. I don't eat them, he does.. I am the one who cooks the meals in our home and I keep things healthy, but I dont deprive him from his real food.

I make changes to the meals.. I use brown rice pasta.. He doesnt care that it is gluten free and healthier.. (whole wheat pasta I think tastes gross, so if you are using that, then I'd complain too) but pasta from quinoa or brown rice tastes great! I buy extra lean ground beef. He wouldnt be able to tell when I cook it up and add the garlic he loves so much to it that it is extra lean. We have 1% milk in the fridge and we also have almond milk.. He can drink what he wants and I have what I want. When I cook or bake with it, I chose, and he has no clue..

I steam veggies or make a salad. He will chose to eat it, but I usually will eat more of it and less of the carb on my plate..

You dont have to force your spouse to be on a diet just because you are... Its unfortunate that he is being unsupportive, but I know my guy would freak out as well if I forced my meal planing on him.

Divorce is not an answer.. And I think its stupid for people to say you should leave him. Communication is the answer. He needs to be supportive of your commitment to lose weight and you cant deprive him of the foods he needs and loves.

Instead of buying that 4 liter of milk, buy a 1 liter of skim for you and a 1 liter of 2% for him.. He gets his, you get yours.. Have salt available for him to add to his food. Have pop (or soda if you are in the USA) available in your fridge.. Real coke, not diet coke.. Make sure to have frozen eggo's in the freezer or what ever it is that he is needing...

If you are the one cooking the meals you need to make sure you are creating well balanced meals. With veggies, grains, meats and dairy.. I highly doubt he is complaining about the light cheese or the 25% less sodium broth... He is complaining about the lack of hearty foods for him to feel full on.

You need to have the will power to not eat the foods that he wants/needs..

Was it right for him to throw out the healthy food? Nope! But dont deprive him of eating what he wants just because you cant..
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    ^^ im with her!
    @ SteveJWatson- I cant believe you didnt know what nachos are!! (>_<) A fat kids heaven, thats what!! You must try :)

Actually - what they remind me most of is:

When I was a nipper, I used to sometimes have a bag of crisps and slice some cheddar off the block and eat the two together - works best with salt and vinegar 'crinkle cut' crisps. Possibly an apple, too.

Nice, but in no way what I would call 'real' food.

GAHD English people even type cute.

Also.... nachos.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

And also the only place where people take an OP at face value. I'd bet a million dollars that the husband asked for better food at least 30 times before finally blowing his lid. This is the reaction of someone that reached their breaking point but still wasn't being heard. There are two unreasonable people in this story, not one

See? I could almost understand if the husband had bought a joint of meat or whatever and some veg, or some other kind of manfood and cooked it up and said that hed like to eat that once in a while.

But what he did was bring in some take away crap (I have since googled nachos - they look like they are crisps with cheese on), and then proceeded to throw a wobbly.

I don't even care what's going on with OP and her husband---- you didn't know what nachos are??? What a sad day! Where are you from and remind me to NEVER come visit!! (KIDDING, BUT SERIOUS---GO MAKE SOME NACHOS)

I'm English - but I am very rural. I have seen nachos - once I googled them, I knew what they were. They sit under heat lamps in the cinema looking greasy. Don't look like they have ever seen anything that grew other than the corn for the crisps-bit. Even a burger has some salad in it.

What you described are NOT nachos, lol! Unless you know a really good Mexican restaurant, you should never BUY them, you MAKE them! MY nachos are loaded with beans, ground beef, guacamole, tomatoes, salsa, jalapenos cheese and sour cream. *kisses fingertips* amazing.
  • cabg6
    cabg6 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Am I the only who thinks "throw a wobbly" is like, the best comment in this thread? :laugh:

Close second to "when I was a nipper" HAHAHAHAHA
  • wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Am I the only who thinks "throw a wobbly" is like, the best comment in this thread? :laugh:

Naw I'm totally with you on that one :laugh:
  • cabg6
    cabg6 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

No, the OP is probably sitting back and eating nachos whilst reading this thread.

Unless Hubby threw those out too!
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options

I'm English - but I am very rural. I have seen nachos - once I googled them, I knew what they were. They sit under heat lamps in the cinema looking greasy. Don't look like they have ever seen anything that grew other than the corn for the crisps-bit. Even a burger has some salad in it.

They're not doing it right over there.

Right.You can't go by the ones at the cinema.And there can be absolutly no healthy version of nachos if done correctly.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Nachos sound so much better than the quiche I'm supposed to be making...

Dammit >.< :laugh:
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I love how this thread has moved onto nachos.

Nachos are the single greatest food on this entire planet. Nigh impossible to gro wrong with nachos,
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    This thread is hilarious. So if your partner vents their frustration they will get their *kitten* kicked? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

jLG9IKr.jpg

I want to post this to FaceBook LOL
  • gfiorine
    gfiorine Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm the one who wants to lose weight. My bf says he could lose 10lbs, but its not an issue for him. In my fridge I have pop (soda), in the cupboard I have chips.. I don't eat them, he does.. I am the one who cooks the meals in our home and I keep things healthy, but I dont deprive him from his real food.

I make changes to the meals.. I use brown rice pasta.. He doesnt care that it is gluten free and healthier.. (whole wheat pasta I think tastes gross, so if you are using that, then I'd complain too) but pasta from quinoa or brown rice tastes great! I buy extra lean ground beef. He wouldnt be able to tell when I cook it up and add the garlic he loves so much to it that it is extra lean. We have 1% milk in the fridge and we also have almond milk.. He can drink what he wants and I have what I want. When I cook or bake with it, I chose, and he has no clue..

I steam veggies or make a salad. He will chose to eat it, but I usually will eat more of it and less of the carb on my plate..

You dont have to force your spouse to be on a diet just because you are... Its unfortunate that he is being unsupportive, but I know my guy would freak out as well if I forced my meal planing on him.

Divorce is not an answer.. And I think its stupid for people to say you should leave him. Communication is the answer. He needs to be supportive of your commitment to lose weight and you cant deprive him of the foods he needs and loves.

Instead of buying that 4 liter of milk, buy a 1 liter of skim for you and a 1 liter of 2% for him.. He gets his, you get yours.. Have salt available for him to add to his food. Have pop (or soda if you are in the USA) available in your fridge.. Real coke, not diet coke.. Make sure to have frozen eggo's in the freezer or what ever it is that he is needing...

If you are the one cooking the meals you need to make sure you are creating well balanced meals. With veggies, grains, meats and dairy.. I highly doubt he is complaining about the light cheese or the 25% less sodium broth... He is complaining about the lack of hearty foods for him to feel full on.

You need to have the will power to not eat the foods that he wants/needs..

Was it right for him to throw out the healthy food? Nope! But dont deprive him of eating what he wants just because you cant..

^^^^ This is awesome!
    So are nachos....but they're off the safe food list. Sadly
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options

I agree
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    If it's anything like some men, the actual situation was she decided to make changes to her diet, so made small adjustments. He has been complaining about how she looks for a long time, but doesn't believe it's going to last more than a few days. he only really said things to bring her down a peg or two, anyhow.

She keeps it up for a whole week. Oh well, that won't last much longer. He eats junk when he's out.

He catches a glance at her as he comes in one evening. She's looking a bit slimmer. This might actually be something she is intending to keep up. That could be a problem. He prefers her at home doing his cooking and caring for the children. No other men there. He looks for something unhealthy in the cupboard. He knows she loves savoury snacks. But there's nothing there.

Never mind, once the salary goes in, she'll get the stuff she usually does. The novelty of dieting will wear off.

But she buys a couple of things in a smaller size instead of chips. She means to keep this going. He still eats crap whilst out at work, but he comes in and there's this woman looking good and happier on this food. She looks hot when she smiles. Hot enough for another man to take a fancy to her.

Couple more weeks go by and she still isn't eating the old stuff. She's talking about joining a gym, putting the kids into daycare so she can go and work out a couple of times a week. He'd stop her, but he isn't there all day. There are loads of men at gyms.

So he asks if she'd like something special. 'No thank you' she says. She's not falling for it. He decides he's just going to have to bring it into the house and wave it under her nose. He picks some foul snack food that looks as though it's the content of the Mexican takeaway's scraps bin (I'm English too, and even the 'good' version sounds vile). But she refuses.

She's going to keep this going. She's going to get slim and hot and realise he's not the only man in the world.

So he goes absolutely radio rental (sl. for mental) and, not only does he upset her, he takes away the food she has been eating in the hope that starvation and sadness will trigger her into bingeing on the utter crud that keeps her fat and dependent upon him.

Throughout this whole time, he has still been eating the same food out of the house, so he hasn't lost any weight, still has access to every bit of crap imaginable outside. He's just doing it to force her to go back to how things used to be where he was the slim one, she was the fat one indoors away from other men.
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    So he goes absolutely radio rental (sl. for mental) and, not only does he upset her, he takes away the food she has been eating in the hope that starvation and sadness will trigger her into bingeing on the utter crud that keeps her fat and dependent upon him.

See, this is kind of how I read the whole situation myself. The man can, and apparently does, get other food ("real" food for him) outside. If that means he's not getting battered or fried stuff at home...she's the cook. There's no reason she should be cooking two meals for every meal he's home, just so he can have stuff that is bad for him. He can make stuff for himself if he doesn't like what she makes. Simple.

If she chooses to go out of her way to make other things, to take his food habits into consideration? Good on her. If not? She's the one cooking. She's the one shopping for food, preparing the meals and putting it on the table, and he's always free to take care of that part of his life himself.

Also, this became an issue when she a) she refused to be forcefed food she didn't want and b) he took good and healthy food and threw it in the trash, wasting it. That's never acceptable.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    If it's anything like some men, the actual situation was she decided to make changes to her diet, so made small adjustments. He has been complaining about how she looks for a long time, but doesn't believe it's going to last more than a few days. he only really said things to bring her down a peg or two, anyhow.

She keeps it up for a whole week. Oh well, that won't last much longer. He eats junk when he's out.

He catches a glance at her as he comes in one evening. She's looking a bit slimmer. This might actually be something she is intending to keep up. That could be a problem. He prefers her at home doing his cooking and caring for the children. No other men there. He looks for something unhealthy in the cupboard. He knows she loves savoury snacks. But there's nothing there.

Never mind, once the salary goes in, she'll get the stuff she usually does. The novelty of dieting will wear off.

But she buys a couple of things in a smaller size instead of chips. She means to keep this going. He still eats crap whilst out at work, but he comes in and there's this woman looking good and happier on this food. She looks hot when she smiles. Hot enough for another man to take a fancy to her.

Couple more weeks go by and she still isn't eating the old stuff. She's talking about joining a gym, putting the kids into daycare so she can go and work out a couple of times a week. He'd stop her, but he isn't there all day. There are loads of men at gyms.

So he asks if she'd like something special. 'No thank you' she says. She's not falling for it. He decides he's just going to have to bring it into the house and wave it under her nose. He picks some foul snack food that looks as though it's the content of the Mexican takeaway's scraps bin (I'm English too, and even the 'good' version sounds vile). But she refuses.

She's going to keep this going. She's going to get slim and hot and realise he's not the only man in the world.

Throughout this whole time, he has still been eating the same food out of the house, so he hasn't lost any weight, still has access to every bit of crap imaginable outside. He's just doing it to force her to go back to how things used to be where he was the slim one, she was the fat one indoors away from other men.

This is an incredible work of fiction. Nothing to do with this post, but incredible all the same.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I came in here thinking, "god, this thread is still going?" only to end up craving nachos. Thanks guys. :drinker:

I know...,me too!

SSWF-Nachos2.jpg
    mucho%2Bnachos.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJyTp4d7ecv8QIVL_-BIM5igxbLHWmAFfQ6azcSxWDLK87VIHM
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options

This is an incredible work of fiction. Nothing to do with this post, but incredible all the same.

You've never walked into the kitchen to find your so called partner secretly stirring a pack of butter into a tin of beans. Or tipping the chopped chicken breast into a bowl of mayonnaise so you could pour it onto your plate whilst your back was turned, getting some lettuce out of the fridge. Or taking your money to buy some fresh salmon and salad, to come back with deep fried cod, a pound of fries and a tub of Ben & Jerry's instead. Or had them scream at you that you were only dieting to be able to go and pick up men. Solely based upon you not wanting a chocolate biscuit.