Married ladies....

Options

Replies

• onepillarofsalt
    onepillarofsalt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Not married, but partnered up for over five years.

We tell each other daily. When I hit my highest weight (235.8) back in August, I hopped off the scale and said, "DO YOU KNOW I WEIGH 235.8 POUNDS?!" and he said "I WEIGHED 230 AT MY HIGHEST!" and we both looked at each other and asked, "how did we get so fat?!" We've never said mean things to each other about our weight, only expressed concern. And on the nights we used to have pizza or McDonald's, we'd finish the meal by saying "maybe that's how we got fat."

He also looked through my body assessment thing I had done. A girl at work was shocked I would let him see it (it certainly wasn't a positive assessment!) and I figured, he's my best friend and my main support system. Plus, it's not as if he sees me as a slender woman and then I say, "I weigh 214.8 pounds as of this morning" and suddenly he sees me as fat. In other words, him knowing the number doesn't shatter any illusions he harbours that I was thin to begin with.

Plus, we are both massive talkers. Ha!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Mine does because I told him that and that I've decided I get a point for every pound I lose and the points are redeemable for sex (and he can't say no to what I want.) So yeah, he's pretty supportive of my efforts. :)
  • littlekat1
    littlekat1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Nope...he does not know.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Mine does because I told him that and that I've decided I get a point for every pound I lose and the points are redeemable for sex (and he can't say no to what I want.) So yeah, he's pretty supportive of my efforts. :)

:sad: why didn't I think of that. Would have loved some support.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I doubt he remembers exactly lol but yeah I've told him.maybe it would be different if i was largely overweight but probably not.
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Oh HELL no :laugh:
    this, lol
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    He had no clue until I got pregnant, and I liked I that way.

Being at the appointments, he knew what I weighed. Now I don't care if he knows, but he is surprised how much I weigh because I don't look that heavy (he says).
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    My hubby knows but only because I get excited when I lose a few pounds and I tell him first lol
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    yep, hubby knew how much I weighed when we got married at 260, when I was pregnant at 280, and when I reached over 300 lbs. He knows now at 284 - he knows anytime I drop or gain weight, and he tells me anytime he drops or gains. I have always been heavier than him, and he has always loved me and treated me like I was the most beautiful woman in the world. I could never imagine having to hide something like that from him.
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    My husband knows what I weigh. He doesn't care, but it's important to me that he is supportive, so I told him. Plus I had to keep myself accountable. Even so, if you asked him, I don't think he could give you the number. He focuses more on helping me stay on track with eating right.
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    yes, sometimes he knows my weight better than I do. Lol.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    He's been told, but I doubt he retained that information. When I talk about my weight he gets a glazed over look in his eyes
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    No, I'm sure my husband has no idea how much I weigh. But since I had no idea how much I weighed until I started on this, that's not that surprising. He would NEVER ask anyway, but he seems to find me sexy enough :)
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I don't think my husband ever had a clue about my weight. When I passed him on the scale, I sure wasn't speaking up. Now I'm back below him, but I still don't tell him how much I weigh--for me it's just embarrassing. When I lose weight, I just tell him xx pounds down! He could do the math but as long as he pretends to be clueless, I'll be just fine.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    My husband knows because every time I get on the scale he gives me a high five when I lose. If I don't lose he gives me a hug and says but your gaining muscle dear so ignore that thing! You look great and you're nice and healthy. He tells me he hasn't seen me this happy and healthy in a years and to keep it up. He's my best support system.
  • lindseym1983
    Options
    Yes he does, but we started the weight loss journey together so we were very open. Rather he knows the number or not he sees me naked so he knows what I look like already, nothing to hide. :)
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm engaged and my fiance knows my weight.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    nope and he has never asked, and to be honest I don't even know because I have not weighed myself in about 2 yrs.
  • ashleymmannisto
    ashleymmannisto Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My husband knows b/c I've told him. He has seen me on the scale. He is my partner in my weight loss journey (we both have gained some weight since starting dating 6 yrs ago in HIGH SCHOOL!) :) So we know each others CW, GW and everything.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Since I just posted it for the world to read on Huffington post.... Yes he knows and everyone else knows too. I'm 118 now. Now you know too... If I fail you are all watching so no pressure. :happy: