If I eat snow... does that count towards my water intake?

Options
MireyGal76
MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
Hi...

I'm keenly aware of how our planet's water supplies are being depleted, and also how water bottles are filling up our landfills... What a toll this takes on our wonderful world.

I live in Canada and have a backyard filled with snow that's about 2 1/2 to 3 feet deep...

I'm wondering... if I eat snow, can I count that as water?

How much do I need to eat in order to satisfy my 8 glasses of water a day equivalent?
What if it's yellow? Does that count too?

Help me help the planet, please :)

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count it. MFP requires you to drink eight glasses a day. How many mouthfuls of snow is a glass? You'll get numb as you go, too, making any measuring you try to do completely inaccurate. This won't work.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I wouldn't count it. MFP requires you to drink eight glasses a day. How many mouthfuls of snow is a glass? You'll get numb as you go, too, making any measuring you try to do completely inaccurate. This won't work.

this is true. I never thought about the numbness... and what about brain freezes?
    but I'm determined to save the planet! I can suffer the pain if necessary...
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    You're eating it, not drinking it, so no, it doesn't count.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea. You can build yourself a snow catcher out of a trampoline with a frame around it, and simply harvest organic, local snow in the morning.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, due to pollution and acid rain, you'd be ingesting an exorbitant amount of toxins by eating snow. You would need to cleanse immediately after doing this.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Pour some maple syrup on that **** and go to town.

This fulfills both your daily water requirements and your daily maple candy requirements.
  • NicholeElizabeth92
    NicholeElizabeth92 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    catch it, built a fire (more earth friendly than a stove) and melt it down pour it in a glass then drink it....now you can measure it and still be earth friendly :laugh:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    HA!, you can have all the dam snow here.
  • chaoticgeek
    chaoticgeek Posts: 25 Member
    Options

How do you figure? Water in any form is still water, h2o in solid, gas, or liquid phase is still h2o.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of snow - but you're in Canada so you probably have an endless supply!

Evidently it takes takes about 10 cups of snow to equal 1 cup of water.

http://www.kgbanswers.com/how-much-snow-equals-to-one-cup-of-water/4170178
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Unfortunately, due to pollution and acid rain, you'd be ingesting an exorbitant amount of toxins by eating snow. You would need to cleanse immediately after doing this.

If I walk around wrapped in plastic, will that be a sufficient way to manage the toxins?
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I also live in Canada, and have a backyard full of snow. Some of it is yellow from my neighbour's dog.
    I was thinking we should get in business together. Snow is really an untapped natural resource. It's basically everywhere in Canada so i think we should package it and sell it as an alternative to drinking water.
    We need a catchy name, like WhiteSlim, 0 calories. And a slogan, i am thinking: Eat Whiteslim, be a special snowflake!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

How do you figure? Water in any form is still water, h2o in solid, gas, or liquid phase is still h2o.

TOTALLY FALSE. Well, partially false. If the original poster swallows gulp-fulls of humid air there is no way that her body is going to find that at all useful. There is so much bad facts on this sight.
  • MireyGal76
    Options

If I walk around wrapped in plastic, will that be a sufficient way to manage the toxins?
  • spade117
    Options

But if you chew it in its solid state, you burn more calories.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

You'll need a cleanse. I have a few I can recommend.
  • MireyGal76
    Options

what if I let it melt in my mouth first?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

But if you chew it in its solid state, you burn more calories.

You could probably even log that as exercise.
  • spade117
    Options

what if I let it melt in my mouth first?

You can only do that with m&m's.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    What I really want to know is, if you add cherry syrup and make a snow cone out of it, can you count it as a fruit too?