If I eat snow... does that count towards my water intake?

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of snow - but you're in Canada so you probably have an endless supply!

Evidently it takes takes about 10 cups of snow to equal 1 cup of water.

http://www.kgbanswers.com/how-much-snow-equals-to-one-cup-of-water/4170178

80 cups of snow.. that's manageable... I wonder if my boss will allow me to bring in a portable freezer for my desk.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I also live in Canada, and have a backyard full of snow. Some of it is yellow from my neighbour's dog.
    I was thinking we should get in business together. Snow is really an untapped natural resource. It's basically everywhere in Canada so i think we should package it and sell it as an alternative to drinking water.
    We need a catchy name, like WhiteSlim, 0 calories. And a slogan, i am thinking: Eat Whiteslim, be a special snowflake!

My agent will be contacting you shortly.

What about the brown spots from your dog... Whiteslim Fibre Bars?
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I follow a water conservation blog (I kinda get into that type stuff) and they have a system that collects rain water and filters it so it can be used for drinking water.

:drinker:
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    You're eating it, not drinking it, so no, it doesn't count.

How do you figure? Water in any form is still water, h2o in solid, gas, or liquid phase is still h2o.

TOTALLY FALSE. Well, partially false. If the original poster swallows gulp-fulls of humid air there is no way that her body is going to find that at all useful. There is so much bad facts on this sight.

not to mention all the burping... I could get fired.
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    by the time your body makes use of it ...trust me it will be in fact water :drinker:
  • cljabusc
    Options
    I live in canada too, born and raised. I love to eat snow, its my favorite way to get my water intake. I eat about 15 cups of snow per day, and I love taking my dog sled out to find fresh untouched snow to munch on. watch out for polar bears though....if i see one i hide in my igloo, they can never find me. :)
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    What I really want to know is, if you add cherry syrup and make a snow cone out of it, can you count it as a fruit too?

must be true!
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You're eating it, not drinking it, so no, it doesn't count.

what if I let it melt in my mouth first?

But if we chew it wouldnt that be like those negative calorie foods....yeah I think it would burn off more calories to chew it than to drink it making it a win win situation. Yeah Id go with that.....
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    imagesCALY1SFU.jpg
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Put some Franks Red Hot on that sucker and go for it! I put that **** on everything :tongue:
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    awesome! haha

i eat snow all the time when i'm riding to keep hydrated
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I follow a water conservation blog (I kinda get into that type stuff) and they have a system that collects rain water and filters it so it can be used for drinking water.

:drinker:

that is excellent! Do they have a heater to attach to the device? What about a conveyor belt, or do I need to shovel it?
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    as long as it's not yellow :smile:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

Of course, doesn't everything come in chocolate flavour too these days?
    Ahhh i can smell the money..:bigsmile:
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I live in canada too, born and raised. I love to eat snow, its my favorite way to get my water intake. I eat about 15 cups of snow per day, and I love taking my dog sled out to find fresh untouched snow to munch on. watch out for polar bears though....if i see one i hide in my igloo, they can never find me. :)

how do you manage the brain freeze?

how big is your igloo? want company?
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    You could probably even log that as exercise.

Wait a second - bicep chest has an awesome idea here. Calorie is the amount of energy required to increase the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 deg C.

This means that if you consume water that's no more than 36 deg C, one less than body temp 37 C, you will be consuming negative calories for EVERY GRAM OF WATER!!!

HOLY **** SOMEONE GET A PEN!!!
  • MireyGal76
    Options

Of course, doesn't everything come in chocolate flavour too these days?
    Ahhh i can smell the money..:bigsmile:

*prepares to quit day job*
  • ambascom
    Options
    Okay, please tell me this is just a joke thread considering it is placed under chit-chat, fun, and games board.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    You could probably even log that as exercise.

Wait a second - bicep chest has an awesome idea here. Calorie is the amount of energy required to increase the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 deg C.

This means that if you consume water that's no more than 36 deg C, one less than body temp 37 C, you will be consuming negative calories for EVERY GRAM OF WATER!!!

HOLY **** SOMEONE GET A PEN!!!

now you see why we're going to be rich!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Okay, please tell me this is just a joke thread considering it is placed under chit-chat, fun, and games board.

I'm very serious... can't you tell?

I'm not smiling in my avatar.