Replies

• fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    My hubz knows that once I lose 8 lbs..Im gone
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    My chick better be in tip top shape at all times or this playa is outta the ballpark!.....I KIDDD I KIDDDD:bigsmile:
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options

:wink:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I read the article, and I don't like the assumption that someone in a relationship is supposed to just give up on what they look like, and showing any interest in their fitness or health is a sign they are getting ready to leave! What a proposterous assumption. I am in a steady relationship, and the #1 reason I want to lose this weight is to be healthy and have a longer life with him...not so I can go find a new partner!

The article didn't say that someone in a relations is "supposed to" give up on what they look like. It said that people in a relationship, especially marriage, typically do gain weight. And that is statistically true.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options

LOL!
  • b_stroke
    b_stroke Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the relationship to begin with, if its unhealthy and the person loosing weight starts to realize that the relationship isnt healthy then thats when it leads to it. Unfortunately It happends alot that one partner gets into shape and leaves the relationship.
    I've seen it happend where 1 person was trying to loose weight and was getting less than no support from his partner then when he dropped his weight and realized his self worth he dropped her.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I'm actually losing weight, eating healthier, and exercising so that I can hopefully add a few years that I can spend with my wife. We both used to be lean and fit...we got fat together...well, me more than her for sure...and now we're getting lean and re-gaining our fitness together.
  • MrOFM
    MrOFM Posts: 41
    Options
    I can honestly see where some people are coming from.

Example if you work your @ss off and get in shape to look good and your partner is just slacking off.
    By slacking off i mean the following
    Getting fat
    doesnt want to do things
    sex is not as often

But at the same time this means your not happy with them to begin with! I see people confusing this with weight loss!
    Even though this is a relationship problem! But while the person is fat they don't have the confidence, so as soon as they feel good about themselves they leave their partner.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I can see how some people do it. I want to be hot for myself. And for my husband to enjoy:laugh:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I hope someone has already mentioned this, but the study actually found that people in couples usually weigh more than single people. There is no sound logic that lets you make the dramatic conclusion in the title.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    He's happy with how you look. He loves you for who you are.

Reinforce with him why you are getting healthier. Reinforce that you WANT only him....in otherwords...have more sex with him.

Build up his ego.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I look at it like this

I train really hard to be a racecar driver and when I finally reach that point of being awesome at it. I don't want to drive my pontiac sunfire anymore! I want a Ferrari!!!!
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I look at it like this

I train really hard to be a racecar driver and when I finally reach that point of being awesome at it. I don't want to drive my pontiac sunfire anymore! I want a Ferrari!!!!

what about a Buick Enclave . . . :love:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My ex sent me the same sort of link years ago.

So I sent back a link to an article titled "If you are an A**hole, your wife will probably divorce you"
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    This is ridiculos... I would never leave my hubby..... Really when I accepted his proposal to get married ,yes it helped he was good to look at, but I accepted becasue of the person he is..... He has such a good heart and personality I knew he was a person I could spend the rest of my life with...

Remember looks fade as you age, but personality is RELLLLLLLLLLLLLY important.....
  • ShutUpAndLift257
    Options
    This is the stupidest thing I have EVER read.. If this happens, then both partners have serious issues. God forbid someone get's healthy to feel better about themselves!!! Ignore every stupid thing you read and stop bugging us with stupid crap on here.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    i think part of the article assumes that if you are in a relationship as overweight people, then you met as such and were "compatible" as such...and thus when you get into shape and the other does not, you no longer have compatibility points....so every stressor, every incompatibility strives to drive you further apart.

My ex was very overweight....we started losing together, I kept going, he quit....half way through he left me for another woman (overweight woman who was happy to sit at the couch and eat too much fast food while watching nothing but hours of tv and video games) as he walked out the door he literally said "if you hadn't lost all the weight we would still be together.

we had a few problems, they were all exacerbated by a growing feeling that we had no commonality....he played video games and watched tv, I worked out, I ran, I went swimming, to the gym,.........

I think couples that meet and fall in love and like to BE with each other doing stuff together, have nothing to worry about. I think couples that met as actie people and life got away from them, have less to worry about then say a couple that met as overweight people and one tries to overhaul themselves....

but regardless, I think anyone has a chance as long as they are willing to dig deep and do the work and the sweat that is needed to stay together....

thats all.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I think if your partner thinks that you're losing weight so you can leave them, that's awfully big headed of them. Heaven forbid you do something for yourself, after all.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    My wife dropped 100 lbs and did she leave? Nooooooo!

Science disappoints me yet again.
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Funny, I started trying to loose weight wehn I got married. I've been married 6+ years, have lost 130 pounds, and have no plans to leave.