Replies

• JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    So that is why it tastes so bad.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting the few of us non-facebook users know. It's on Facebook, it must be true!!!

:happy:
  • moskinnny
    moskinnny Posts: 118
    Options
    sooooo, should i slowly put my bowl of cereal down on the desk and step away from it?????
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    bump
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars in Oats and Chocolate are possibly the yummiest thing ever.

And if I consume one, you'll hear me coming from a mile away. The only thing I could figure is the Chicory, as that's the only ingredient they have that isn't in other bars.

But damn..they are good :(
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Interesting how people that don't believe in organic/pesticide free/ non-gmo stuff like to make fun of those of us that care about these issues.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Honestly, there is a carcinogen in everything. You honestly can't avoid it unless you grow your own food and raise your own animals, and even that case isn't 100%.

Anything to excess can cause illness and cancers... The point is to be informed in the first place! I just think about where you find these... Some you find in the organic section, some in the regular cereals. There's quite possibly a reason!

My point earlier, btw, wasn't to make fun of anyone, but to point out the fact that even if you get all non-modified foods, if you cook them in certain ways, they can be just as bad, if not worse, than just partaking in moderation.

Next thing you know, people will be advising others not to run outside because the sun and environmental aspects can cause cancer and injury to your body...

Why hasn't anyone ever mentioned the fact that working after dark increases the risk for breast cancer? To me that's far more concerning, and common, then people who would die from cereal.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    haha I thought you were going to be warning about the cereal's flatulent effects. That's the real danger!!

Save yourself the trouble of avoiding high fiber foods and buy a dog if you don't have one. They take the blame and love you anyway.

OMG! I just spit coffee all over my keyboard!!! ROFL

Thanks for the imagry, made my day LOL!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Oh noez! Everybody panic!
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Does this include there bars too? Ive just started eating them and there so yummy :)
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Honestly, there is a carcinogen in everything. You honestly can't avoid it unless you grow your own food and raise your own animals, and even that case isn't 100%.

agree.... and too much soy in men lowers testosterone levels, FYI.
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Was searching Kashi cereal and found this thread. I have been experiencing bad stomach cramping late afternoons when I have eaten Kashi cereal in the morning. I just thought maybe my belly didnt like the fiber. I now see there are issues with Kashi cereal so I won't be eating it anymore. Just wish I would have read this before I ate 1 1/2 cups of Kashi Go Lean crunch this morning.
  • That_car_is_full_of_balloons
    Options
    Soy and corn are always GMO unless they are specifically labeled organic. Just a rule of thumb.
  • fstfrd00
    fstfrd00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Interesting!!!! Kashi is too $$$$ anyways, for me.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Even the act of cooking creates carcinogens.

All plants make their own pesticides (how do you think plants resist bugs?)

The dose makes the poison. You can die of drinking too much water.
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Im not surprised...thankfully I have never tried Kashi stuff.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    It is the Kashi cereals the ones that have GMO ingredients.

I haven't found anything about their bars yet. I am pretty careful when reading labels and look for those that might have GMO ingredients. If it doens't say non - gmo, i stay away from it. Now I am going to research the granola bars.

I will be so sad if the granola bars are GMO, bc they are very delicious. The cereal is beyond gross so I'm not disappointed on that front.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    haha I thought you were going to be warning about the cereal's flatulent effects. That's the real danger!!

No kidding. Toxic.....
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options

Lmao...I was expecting the same :P That's why I quit eating it ;)

UUUHHHH me too. I thinking uh oh somebody had a rumble in the tummy