Who else isn't afraid of consuming fat?

Options
So everybody is different when it comes to what they think is good or unhealthy. But I have been convinced that in order to lose fat you have to eat fat. I've been low carbing it as well. ;) I love me some fat and so far that and protein have been an awesome help ;)

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I don't even trim it off my steak. I eat it, just as nature intended. And it's good. And my heart is still beating. And I'm losing weight like crazy.
  • findingmyfit
    Options
    I don't even trim it off my steak. I eat it, just as nature intended. And it's good. And my heart is still beating. And I'm losing weight like crazy.

mmm steak :heart: lol
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Life wouldn't be worth living with out guacamole!!!!!
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I don't seek out fat but if I want an avocado, cheese, or an extra handful of nuts, I eat it. And I've been known to have a dish of ice cream ;)
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Olive oil is the number one most used item in my food list. Deciding if the avocado on the counter will be good tonight or better tomorrow. Those are healthy fats, I sometimes have peanut butter but just a serving and once in awhile, I know there are some die hard pb lovers here, I can take it in moderation...oooh also I love full fat greet yogurt. No fear here.

ETA; I would have a fear of something I have seened mentioned here a "Baconator" (sp) I think it is from Wendy's add fries and a frosty and I might be a tad afraid of that :laugh:
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I had a fish burger the other day that had 58 grams of fat. It was delightful.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Definitely NOT afraid of FAT! Coconut oil, butter, avocado, fatty cuts of grass-fed beef... bring it on!!!!
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I think low carb is fine, no carb is not. Keep in mind it is important to make changes that you can maintain as a lifestyle not just to lose weight. I love carbs, potatoes, bread, pasta, so I limit my intake. I eat a lot of veggies which can be high in carb but they are complex carbs. As for the fat, there are good fats. Nuts, seeds, certain oil and of course butter.

One thing I am doing different this time is I eat what I want but i am recording it all and I am doing it in moderation. When I started eating simple carbs after being off of them for 4 years, my stomach rejected. And trust me it is not nice. The pain and discomfort, I will never exclude anything from my diet again, unless I can do it for the rest of my life

Good luck
  • LanieGirl67
    Options
    Your brain and other body parts need fat to function properly. I stick within my allowed grams daily, sometimes under. I eat "healthy" fat if that makes any sense. I limit my white carbs and changed to whole wheat pasta coz you can't be married to an Italian and NOT eat pasta....-lol-
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm not afraid of fat, carbs, or protein...I eat them all within the limits of my macro goals.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Almost half of my caloric intake is fat.
  • Conorfitz92
    Options
    Nobody for any reason should have a low fat diet. Dietary fat is vital for us and it helps us lose weight. The way media depicts fat is a joke and it puts so many people in the wrong mindset for losing weight.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I was taught a mantra in culinary school, "Fat is flavor, flavor is fat." I live by that!!!
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Minimum 65% fat daily here! Love me some coconut oil & grass fed butter!
  • findingmyfit
    Options
    Nobody for any reason should have a low fat diet. Dietary fat is vital for us and it helps us lose weight. The way media depicts fat is a joke and it puts so many people in the wrong mindset for losing weight.

I completely agree. I noticed back when I was eating fat free this and fat free that I would just keep gaining.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm not afraid of any macronutrient! I eat *all* the food!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    If it came from the earth or had a mother, I am not afraid of it.

If it came from a lab or has word Monsanto associated with it, I am scared to death of it.
  • skittles137
    skittles137 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm not. When I had a little bit more money I had a trainer/nutritionist. She said there is a major difference in types of fats and how they are digested. I eat eggs and I eat chicken thighs versus breasts because they taste better. I use butter versus margarine. As long as you keep track of the calories I don't see anything wrong with it. I would rather have good natural fat than some disgusting low calorie crap. IMO.
  • skittles137
    skittles137 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I don't seek out fat but if I want an avocado, cheese, or an extra handful of nuts, I eat it. And I've been known to have a dish of ice cream ;)
    mmmm, avacado. num.
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    If it came from the earth or had a mother, I am not afraid of it.

If it came from a lab or has word Monsanto associated with it, I am scared to death of it.

wow, couldn't have said it better . . .

I embrace fat, sauteed my veggies in bacon drippings last night (only 1 T.), just had toast with mashed avocado and a "whole" egg for breakfast and steadily losing 1.5-2 lbs/week. All things in moderation (and I agree, fat IS flavor)!!!!